OT: The Arizona Coyotes Lounge XVI - The Netflix, Disney+ Alternative

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
What if I'm a neanderthal that doesn't like musicals? I tried watching Rocketman, didn't make it past 15 minutes.
That's my general feel but when I really think about it I haven't really watched many musicals. I did like South Park the musical. haha And I think I would like Sweeny Toddy.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
I actually enjoyed The Greatest Showman.
I've never seen it. Like I said I have this general idea that I don't like musicals but when I actually reflect on it I realize that my feeling isn't really based on much of anything. I simply haven't seen many musicals so I really don't know if I like them or not. Only 2 I can even think of off the top of my head that I've seen are Evita and South Park.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
All my life I’ve hated musicals. Even when I was a little kid. I remember getting in big trouble for leaving a theater production during a field trip when I was little. I just can’t stand them. Like I HAVE to leave. I CANNOT physical stand them.

Yet I’m fine with dancing. I’ve gone dancing many times. I like music. I’ve been to probably 100 live music shows. I like movies and TV, so acting is fine. I like stand up comedy live. So it’s not just live performance.

I can’t tolerate poetry live, though. I remember being at the Yucca Tap a couple of times and ASU kids did a poetry “slam” I got the f*** out of there QUICK. Went down the street to Monkey Pants instead.

I’ve always wondered “what gives?” - why do I have this problem? Why is it so specific.

I watched that Rocket Man movie the other night and I had an epiphany. I liked the actor, the story, and the music. And when he was signing and dancing I was fine. But I became overcome with physical disgust when the accompanying players joined the dance numbers.

It’s THOSE PEOPLE I can’t stand. It’s drama-club, theater-kids. Even if they’re all grown up. That’s what it is. it’s their stupid f***ing facial expressions and the dumb bullshit way they love choreography. It’s their absolute joy at this stupid shit they’re doing that I hate.

If it’s a big-time Star with a ton of talent and a “this ain’t shit to me” vibe when they’re doing it like say, Beyoncé as an example. I’m good with that. Good with her choreography and singing and dancing. But when it’s these jazz handed, shit eating grin, dead eyed, desperate f***ing dorks, it sets my teeth absolutely on edge. They make me want to run away vomiting or go beat them to death with a claw hammer. Anything to make it stop.

It’s theater kids, man. The drama club. I finally figured it out at age 36. If my kids develop a passion for acting, I’m literally going to have to get a prescription for Xanax to go to their shows. Not kidding. If the show is at 6pm, then at 5:30pm, I’m swallowing 0.5mg of Xanax with three fingers of Wild Turkey 101, handing my car keys to my wife and going out to support the hell out of my kids that I love. Ugh. Just please, anything but that.

Reactions: Summer Rose

MIGs Dog

Jan 3, 2012
I liked Bohemian Rhapsody as it attempted to be biographical. Was hoping Rocketman would do the same, but early on it shows a 10-year-old Elton John singing 'Saturday Night's Alright' in a bar and I'm thinking this can't be how it happened. How much of the movie employs artistic license and strays from the facts?

Last edited:

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
I liked Bohemian Rhapsody as it attempted to be biographical. Was hoping Rocketman would do the same, but early on it shows a 10-year-old Elton John singing 'Saturday Night's Alright' in a bar and I'm thinking this can't be how it happened. How much of the movie employs artistic license and strays from the facts?
Pretty sure almost none of it was facts - lol. It was just a long music video "inspired by" Elton John's life. I really don't need a non-fiction, biographical study with hard hitting facts about the idiot with the stupid sunglasses that sang "Crocodile Rock". He's a goober who wore stupid costumes and dropped catchy ass pop song after catchy ass pop song. He's not actually important, even if he has a few handfuls of bangers (which is A LOT by pop standards). The story of a shy artist becoming famous and drug addled and ending up a complete brat/crazy idiot isn't new. It's been f***ed out a thousand times over the last 40 years. It's really not interesting. Elton John is not interesting. Literally the only part that was interesting is the idea that he could hear songs as a baby and immediately play them on the piano. Which is incredible, and probably COMPLETE bullshit - lol

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
That's my general feel but when I really think about it I haven't really watched many musicals. I did like South Park the musical. haha And I think I would like Sweeny Toddy.

I'm assuming you are referring to the movie ("bigger longer and uncut" or something like that?). If you liked that, then you would like The Book of Mormon. Their humor is very recognizable.

Reactions: Sinurgy

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Not a big musical guy either but I liked Rocketman quite a bit. Of course I like Elton John so that helps.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
I liked Moana, which I think Lin Manuel Miranda had a big part in creating. I can’t imagine I’ll be able to watch Hamilton though.
Moana is awesome but I don't think that's a musical as much as a movie that has some songs in it. Or maybe it, in which case I guess I don't mind musicals?

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
Any car people on here? So I haven't been driving my car very much. But the other day I noticed there was fluid on the ground. Wasn't oil, but left a yellowish mark on the asphalt. Made an appointment on Wednesday just in case, but they mentioned it could just be the ac.

MIGs Dog

Jan 3, 2012
Any car people on here? So I haven't been driving my car very much. But the other day I noticed there was fluid on the ground. Wasn't oil, but left a yellowish mark on the asphalt. Made an appointment on Wednesday just in case, but they mentioned it could just be the ac.

If it's yellowish it might be coolant. Stick your nose near it and it might smell sweet. It will also feel a little slippery between your fingers.

Run your hands around the radiator hoses and you might find the source of the leak. Be careful if the car is hot..serious burns possible.

Antifreeze is either ethylene glycol or propylene glycol. Both are toxic to animals, but Propylene less so. In either case, wipe it up so dogs or cats don't ingest it.

Water dripping from the AC condenser is usually clear.

Reactions: Coyotedroppings

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona

If it didn't leave any kind of residue and just evaporated, it's probably condensation from your a/c. Sometimes that will drip down and land on some dirt or grime on the underside of the vehicle before hitting the ground giving it some color. If your coolant is yellow, it could be that but even coolant will leave an oily residue. Water from condensation completely evaporates.

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
If it didn't leave any kind of residue and just evaporated, it's probably condensation from your a/c. Sometimes that will drip down and land on some dirt or grime on the underside of the vehicle before hitting the ground giving it some color. If your coolant is yellow, it could be that but even coolant will leave an oily residue. Water from condensation completely evaporates.

That's probably what it was, but made an appointment regardless. Can't be too careful. Paying a lot of money for this car.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad