Rumor: The All Encompassing Patrik Laine Thread (it’s happening!!)

What would you give for Laine?

• Struble or Harris or Barron and a 2nd- no retention

Votes: 123 48.4%
  • Calgary’s 1st at 50% retention

Votes: 7 2.8%
  • Calgary’s 1st and one of Struble/Harris/Barron at 50% retention

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Don’t want Laine at all he’s weird looking

Votes: 82 32.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

HabbyGuy

Apr 10, 2003
Hamilton Ontario
Visit site
Begging to leave two teams by the age of 26. No thanks

Columbus tried to bring him talent (Gaudreau), they gave him ample opportunity. They even made him a centre upon request. Still not good enough. Don’t want a player like that.

The guy has talent no doubt, but there's so many question marks surrounding this player. Red flags aplenty, I understand the desire to augment the offense with talent, but I personally just don't feel comfortable with Laine.

Most I'd give for him is a 2nd rounder and maybe a middling prospect, anything more and I easily pass. I don't even want him, but at that price the gamble is worth it.

I'd prefer Hughes, if possible, to ascertain a different target that fits better with what he's tying to accomplish.

Last edited:

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
What do you think would be an offer that make sense?
Ask Columbus fans to know best, but they've emphatically said no to all of the above. The biggest need for them is a legit, established defensive top 4 LHD. Unfortunately that doesn't fit what we have available.

• Wow
Reactions: Redux91

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014
Ask Columbus fans to know best, but they've emphatically said no to all of the above. The biggest need for them is a legit, established defensive top 4 LHD. Unfortunately that doesn't fit what we have available.

Well that sucks for them. CBJ isn't getting a legit established T4D from us or anyone else for Laine.

The Habs are probably not even in the mix if other teams are still kicking the tires on this, because we are not willing to spend big (let alone outbid someone) on something that will be used as a stopgap.

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
Begging to leave two teams by the age of 26. No thanks

Columbus tried to bring him talent (Gaudreau), they gave him ample opportunity. They even made him a centre upon request. Still not good enough. Don’t want a player like that.
means zip.
you play in WPG or CBJ. lots of guys want out of those teams

I had been following him when he went to Winnipeg. He has an aimed wrist shot and hard as a slap shot. he seemingly scores at will. His health issues is what stopped him. Dont know anything about these addiction rumors though..
Sample video: he would be ideal for a PP scorer

I seen him many time in the PEG. deadly shot and decent skater.
like the habs don't need more scoring.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
It also doesn't fit what they're going to get either... They have no leverage.

Bit of a pipe dream IMO.

Well that sucks for them. CBJ isn't getting a legit established T4D from us or anyone else for Laine.

The Habs are probably not even in the mix if other teams are still kicking the tires on this, because we are not willing to spend big (let alone outbid someone) on something that will be used as a stopgap.
They don't need our scraps though.

Toene

Y'en aura pas de facile
Nov 17, 2014
1000000954.jpg

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
And that's perfectly fine if they don't. Habs are not desperate to make this trade happen. They probably already made an offer for Laine and will stick to that offer until CBJ circle back and take it or trade Laine somewhere else.

I doubt Hughes has more than a tepid interest at best. They're not paying a prospect like Konyushkov or Kapanen to bring a contract like Laines in, fresh off a stint on Player Assistance Program.

Habby4Life

Nov 12, 2008
Everyone keeps saying how great MSL is with working with players. Would he not be a great coach to get the best out of PL.

Reactions: Redux91

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
And that's perfectly fine if they don't. Habs are not desperate to make this trade happen. They probably already made an offer for Laine and will stick to that offer until CBJ circle back and take it or trade Laine somewhere else.
This whole topic is about our scraps though. Then someone asked what it would take/what Columbus needs.

TheBuriedHab

Jan 27, 2010
I'd like Laine but on the basis we get a good deal.

If not, I'm perfectly fine seeing what Roy or Anderson can do for a season next to Dach and Newhook.

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
IF the Habs brass can meet with him and think he wants/is capable of playing in MTL...

I'm definitely interested and would be willing to move some solid futures to get it done.

The cost is less concerning to me than his "eagerness" to play for the Habs and the details on his PA stint that rightfully isn't public.

I think at this point a potential core piece is more valuable than another depth piece be that a drafted player or a future mediocre pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $729.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • France vs Belgium
    France vs Belgium