Rumor: The All Encompassing Patrik Laine Thread (it’s happening!!)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

What would you give for Laine?

• Struble or Harris or Barron and a 2nd- no retention

Votes: 123 48.4%
  • Calgary’s 1st at 50% retention

Votes: 7 2.8%
  • Calgary’s 1st and one of Struble/Harris/Barron at 50% retention

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Don’t want Laine at all he’s weird looking

Votes: 82 32.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Scott Stevens during his Caps & short lived STL eras was known as a me, myself, I player who only cared about his stats & winning Norris trophy…. being sent to NJD by an arbitrator as compensation for Shanahan offer sheet grew the player into the ultimate team first guy …he would also become team C for all but 1st season w NJD

Situations can force people to adjust, adapt & grow

Habs10Habs

Retired
Sponsor
Aug 22, 2006
Yeah he vowed to score plenty of goals. He could have put in a word or two about doing whatever it takes to help the team win.
He shrugged off the question regarding the discord with the team. The fact that they didn't give him term was telling.
True, but maybe in his mind, with a microphone or five put in his face. He figured that by scoring plenty of goals, he was helping the team.
I personally think you're grasping at straws here. If he would have added that he was going to work on his defense. So that he could be in the running for the Selke, would you have been happy with that? ;)

As for term, it takes two sides to tango. Maybe Laine's side wasn't interested in a long term deal.

Reactions: Runner77

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
True, but maybe in his mind, with a microphone or five put in his face. He figured that by scoring plenty of goals, he was helping the team.
I personally think you're grasping at straws here. If he would have added that he was going to work on his defense. So that he could be in the running for the Selke, would you have been happy with that? ;)

As for term, it takes two sides to tango. Maybe Laine's side wasn't interested in a long term deal.
Maybe I am in retrospect but the way things played out nobody was happy after that season.
Neither problem child has worked out so far despite fresh starts.
The saga will continue and both Laine and PLD will be under a microscope again this season.

Habs10Habs

Retired
Sponsor
Aug 22, 2006
Maybe I am in retrospect but the way things played out nobody was happy after that season.
Neither problem child has worked out so far despite fresh starts.
The saga will continue and both Laine and PLD will be under a microscope again this season.
I'll agree with that. But I'm sure the Jets are happy now with what they ended up with, after trading PLD lol

You're right, they didn't. Though in the case of PLD. Didn't they make him a 3rd line C? Expecting him to put up first line type numbers. While with Laine, he walked into an organization that really isn't known for their consistency.

I'll give you the last one too. Both players will definitely be under a microscope.

Reactions: Runner77

SisuHabsSisu

Jul 4, 2023
IMG_8165.gif

Reactions: Redux91

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Reactions: SwiftyHab
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad