Rumor: The All Encompassing Patrik Laine Thread (it’s happening!!)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

What would you give for Laine?

• Struble or Harris or Barron and a 2nd- no retention

Votes: 123 48.4%
  • Calgary’s 1st at 50% retention

Votes: 7 2.8%
  • Calgary’s 1st and one of Struble/Harris/Barron at 50% retention

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Don’t want Laine at all he’s weird looking

Votes: 82 32.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I’m not sure why posters want to trade the Florida/Calgary at its assumed lowest value (a low first). I get the most likely outcome is ending up with Florida’s late 1st but it’s definitely not set in stone. There is more variance with that pick than most. Who knows with Calgary, they probably finish bottom 10 but there is always chance they finish in the bottom 11-16 range or Florida, after two long post-season runs, has a down year.

If I’m Montreal I wouldn’t trade it (if they do that) until there is more certainty around it or unless they are getting more value from it than a low 1st.
The pick could definitely be 11-16or 17 to 23, and therefore not a late 1st. Plus, Hughes has done well with his last two late 1sts: Newhook, Hage.

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
The pick could definitely be 11-16or 17 to 23, and therefore not a late 1st. Plus, Hughes has done well with his last two late 1sts: Newhook, Hage.

I agree, which is why I don’t think Montreal should trade it this offseason with the assumed value of a late 1st. I think it’s better to wait and get more certainty around it.

Last edited:

Deus ex machina

Sep 12, 2023
I’m not sure why posters want to trade the Florida/Calgary at its assumed lowest value (a low first). I get the most likely outcome is ending up with Florida’s late 1st but it’s definitely not set in stone. There is more variance with that pick than most. Who knows with Calgary, they probably finish bottom 10 but there is always chance they finish in the bottom 11-16 range or Florida, after two long post-season runs, has a down year.

If I’m Montreal I wouldn’t trade it (if they do that) until there is more certainty around it or unless they are getting more value from it than a low 1st.
Very well said.

Imagine the Habs trading that pick and it ends up being 2 OA in 2025 or even 1 OA in 2026...people would lose their minds.
Yes, it's a long shot, but you never know what can happen with Florida.

Not many people predicted New Jersey missing the playoff last season after finishing 3rd in the East the season before and they ended up drafting 10 OA .

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
He scores goals in a different way but at his best Laine would be a one-dimensional Patioready and with his history the pressure from the media and fan base would be the worst place for him of all cities he could move to.

Naslundforever

43-67-110
Aug 21, 2015
He scores goals in a different way but at his best Laine would be a one-dimensional Patioready and with his history the pressure from the media and fan base would be the worst place for him of all cities he could move to.
Keep enjoying Evans Armia Galagher Pezzetta whoever replaces RHP Anderson Dvorak and shit hockey. I guess one-dimensional non-scorers are better than one-dimensional scorers. What have we become. Habs have broken us.

Also as a montreal citizen and hockey fan, I fart in your general direction.

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
Keep enjoying Evans Armia Galagher Pezzetta whoever replaces RHP Anderson Dvorak and shit hockey. I guess one-dimensional non-scorers are better than one-dimensional scorers. What have we become. Habs have broken us.

We couldn’t wait to get Max out of town and we want to bring back a lesser version? Most of those you mention are in their last years or immovable. If I’m paying assets and a boatload of money I’m aiming higher than Laine and someone who can score but also play when the going gets tough.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
Waddell isn't doing any favors for Laine and his agent, that's what's up. The guy is gonna have to suck it up and play in Columbus next season.

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
24 pages for a player that will never play for the Habs. Haha.

My favourite part about this is that any insider that says he isn't gonna be a Hab 'knows nothing' or is a clown but the posters here know better. The irony is simply delicious.
What insider is smart?

Yep. Trade proposals involving anything of value wrre always too much
And this guy you trust??

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022

Don't know what Montreal is like now but there would still be more pressure than places like Utah and Columbus where most people don't even know what hockey is.

Walksss

Mar 26, 2013
What insider is smart?

And this guy you trust??

Well all of them are more connected to the team than the entirety of these boards combined.

Of course they can only release what they've been told to or they will lose their contacts but it's pretty obvious the team is happy to let it be known Laine isn't their target.

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
I don't get this board obsession on shiting on Pacioretty all the time. He was a very good player for us. In fact, I would be thrilled if any of our young players can reach his level.

He was put in a tough position here and he probably shouldn't have been captain but there's so much someone can do when you are so poorly surrounded.

Sure, I would have loved to see him step up his game during the playoffs like Koivu and Kovalev but he never had a decent center. I liked le P'tit David and I feel he was also underappreciated during his tenure but let's be honest he had no business on the first line.

Pacioretty was very good in Vegas during the twilight of his career when he had some decent teammates. He was producing great during the playoffs with them. They knew how to use him and didn't rely solely on him. They had other good players to contribute and he was in the right chair as a secondary player.

You give him a decent center during his prime and he would have produced during important moments. He would have done great for us if he was behind a superstar player. Our mistake was hoping he could singlehandedly produce all by himself.

At 4,5m he's over delivered for us. That contract was phenomenal. It's a shame so many fans still look at his career in a negative way.

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
I don't get this board obsession on shiting on Pacioretty all the time. He was a very good player for us. In fact, I would be thrilled if any of our young players can reach his level.

He was put in a tough position here and he probably shouldn't have been captain but there's so much someone can do when you are so poorly surrounded.

Sure, I would have loved to see him step up his game during the playoffs like Koivu and Kovalev but he never had a decent center. I liked le P'tit David and I feel he was also underappreciated during his tenure but let's be honest he had no business on the first line.

Pacioretty was very good in Vegas during the twilight of his career when he had some decent teammates. He was producing great during the playoffs with them. They knew how to use him and didn't rely solely on him. They had other good players to contribute and he was in the right chair as a secondary player.

You give him a decent center during his prime and he would have produced during important moments. He would have done great for us if he was behind a superstar player. Our mistake was hoping he could singlehandedly produce all by himself.

At 4,5m he's over delivered for us. That contract was phenomenal. It's a shame so many fans still look at his career in a negative way.
I don’t get it either. Seems to stem around toe-nails referring to him as the worst captain in Habs history, but who in their right mind would take that guy serious?

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013

I’m talking the Patioready version where he was checked out in his final season and that best case Laine would be that without any of the 2-way play. He’d end up back in PAP before US Thanksgiving if he went to Montreal unless we gave up next to nothing and Jackets retained half to lower the expectations.

I have no real problem with regular season Pacioretty outside his last season and agree he had a shitty C and was on a great contract, his playoffs with us left much to be desired for the most part.

River Meadow

Mar 29, 2016

Casper was scared to get hit and go to the danger areas, he was playing around the perimeter only in PO games.

Now... I completely understand and probably would have done the same, given his concussion issues, but it is what it is.

That's the reason for him getting shit on, hence the name, Casper.

Naslundforever

43-67-110
Aug 21, 2015
Don't know what Montreal is like now but there would still be more pressure than places like Utah and Columbus where most people don't even know what hockey is.
Ok? Maybe play hockey for fun if doing it for money in front of a crowd is a blocker. It’s a great pass-time and keeps you healthy. Might even make friends.. You don’t become a pro athlete if not resilient, not buying it.

Also peeps continually crapping on my city and it’s fans tend to be bigots from chip-on-your-shoulder provinces that either have no team or uber-conservative populations. Let us crap on our own city guys, we’re vocal enough ourselves. Beurk so stale.

Naslundforever

43-67-110
Aug 21, 2015
I’m talking the Patioready version where he was checked out in his final season and that best case Laine would be that without any of the 2-way play. He’d end up back in PAP before US Thanksgiving if he went to Montreal unless we gave up next to nothing and Jackets retained half to lower the expectations.

I have no real problem with regular season Pacioretty outside his last season and agree he had a shitty C and was on a great contract, his playoffs with us left much to be desired for the most part.
Would not have taken any heat if not captain. Laine would be a scorer on a short contract on a team that now has an identity and in a total rebuild since longer than it takes to redo a street corner downtown.

Reactions: Habs10Habs

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Casper was scared to get hit and go to the danger areas, he was playing around the perimeter only in PO games.

Now... I completely understand and probably would have done the same, given his concussion issues, but it is what it is.

That's the reason for him getting shit on, hence the name, Casper.
Sounds like Drouin? Then you said playoffs, and of course Drouin was getting caught up on his rest at that point.

I don't recall anyone calling Max Casper?

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
Ok? Maybe play hockey for fun if doing it for money in front of a crowd is a blocker. It’s a great pass-time and keeps you healthy. Might even make friends.. You don’t become a pro athlete if not resilient, not buying it.

Also peeps continually crapping on my city and it’s fans tend to be bigots from chip-on-your-shoulder provinces that either have no team or uber-conservative populations. Let us crap on our own city guys, we’re vocal enough ourselves. Beurk so stale.

Agreed 100 percent about the city thing. It's always some losers who don't know Montreal who a) somehow became Habs fans b) clearly don't know the first thing about it.

We're cool with our internationally renowned city, they can worry about their hole-in-the-wall town that no one here comments on or is concerned with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad