OT: The all encompassing HFSabres music thread with no rules (as long as it’s music posted)

yahhockey

Jan 23, 2013
I have consecutive back to back weekends coming up with some diversity between the nights. Billy Talent/Cancer Bats followed by Bryan Adams/Alan Doyle/The Sheepdogs/Odds and the following week Headstones/Big Wreck/Buckcherry followed by Goo Goo Dolls/The Trews/Sloan. It will be my first time seeing Cancer Bats, Alan Doyle, Odds, Buckcherry and Goo Goo Dolls. I saw Bryan Adams play an abbreviated set at Live 8 so not my first time hearing him play live but the first time with a full setlist. Plenty more rock shows in July, August and September so my ears should be able to tolerate a few quieter musicians.

Reactions: sabremike

Gras

Mar 21, 2014
Phoenix
I have consecutive back to back weekends coming up with some diversity between the nights. Billy Talent/Cancer Bats followed by Bryan Adams/Alan Doyle/The Sheepdogs/Odds and the following week Headstones/Big Wreck/Buckcherry followed by Goo Goo Dolls/The Trews/Sloan. It will be my first time seeing Cancer Bats, Alan Doyle, Odds, Buckcherry and Goo Goo Dolls. I saw Bryan Adams play an abbreviated set at Live 8 so not my first time hearing him play live but the first time with a full setlist. Plenty more rock shows in July, August and September so my ears should be able to tolerate a few quieter musicians.
If I decide to dedicate myself in September where I could go to 4 shows in 6 days, but I only have tickets for one show so far.

Hawthorne Heights/Saosin/Anberlin/Cartel/Stick to Your Guns/This Wild Life
Creed/3 Doors Down/Finger Eleven
Dan & Shay/Jake Owen/Dylan Marlowe
Billy Currington/Eli Young Band/Marlon Funaki

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in

What I’m getting from this post is that Americans like Canadian music

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
That's rad af

Went and saw Killing Joke at the Opera House in '94 with him and his GF at the time. She got the set list from their sound guy up in the balcony, went on the bus to have it autographed. Jaz got PO'd about it until it was explained where it came from, then they wanted to go out for food. Their manager interceded because they were ready to go out in Toronto instead of driving to Detroit for their next gig.

In memory of Geordie Walker who passed last fall...

Of course, they also won a lawsuit against Nirvana who ripped off Geordie's guitar line.

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
IMG_1370.png

cybresabre

prōject positivity
Feb 27, 2002
+
Definitely. Until it got its airwaves overlapped by some local religious channel, edge 102 was what I grew up listening to. I was driving to a dentist appointment when the new station booted up and it was awful.

Gras

Mar 21, 2014
Phoenix
I actually don’t really enjoy Canadian music. Only because I think they should get popular based on what they do, as opposed to where they come from. But in fairness I have CTC controlling things.
The only bands in definitively know are canadian are

Nickelback
Avril
Simple Plan
Sum 41
Bryan Adams
Shania
Céline
Rush

Barenaked Ladies are canadian too right?

yahhockey

Jan 23, 2013
Or, hear me out, maybe I am Canadian, lol. Cue the 90s or early 2000s Molson Canadian commercial which I randomly remembered while typing the last paragraph.

Sometimes humour can be lost on message boards so although something similar to the sentence above was my immediate reaction when initially seeing your comment I declined to reply until the multiple replies today then decided no harm would come.

Overall the concerts were great although my old out of shape ass will appreciate the seats I have for upcoming concerts so I can stand for the headliner while resting between bands. Limp Bizkit, Creed/Big Wreck/Finger Eleven, maybe Green Day/Smashing Pumpkins/Rancid once they turn the Pumpkins VIP floor tickets into regular priced floor tickets or release more floors closer to the show and Chevelle twice are my next three weeks of entertainment.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad