OT: The all encompassing HFSabres music thread with no rules (as long as it’s music posted)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

TheMistyStranger

ミスト
May 21, 2005
1000012185.jpg

GameMisconduct

Jul 20, 2006

I know there are some reasonable things that some fans object to about some of the things Emily Armstrong, their new vocalist, is purported to believe, and how that doesn't seem to align well in terms of replacing Chester Bennigton, but, from a perfomance standpoint she's a great fit IMO. Haven't watched the whole thing, but the songs I checked out from that performance were great.

I liked the Dead Sara stuff I listed too a few year back as well, so I might be biased.

GameMisconduct

Jul 20, 2006
Finally, I finally got a chance to see Silversun Pickups last night. They're one of the bands I got my oldest into, and I went with her, which made it even better. They exceeded my expectations. It was an excellent show IMO

The whole performace was posted on youtube for anyone interested (sound doesn't quite do the show justice but otherwise whoever recorded it did a nice job).

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
More ska-punk than ska, but this sticker reminded me of something I came across a couple weeks ago--the Operation Ivy key guys in a recent-ish performance of Sound system. I played the hell out of that album back in the day, and it just brought a smile to my face to see this being performed.

This song is on all of my running playlists. Absolute classic.

sabremike

#1 Tageaholic
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY

So much for my plans to see them tomorrow in Bridgeport tomorrow night.

• Wow
Reactions: yahhockey

yahhockey

Jan 23, 2013

I was going to seem them Wednesday in Toronto with two friends. They will be sad because we were supposed to see them open for Smashing Pumpkins in 2022 but Perry injured himself and missed five dates including the Toronto show. Wednesday's concert was going to make things whole however it's difficult to envision the concert happening. Maybe maturity will win the day. They have today to take a breath and talk things out. I would wager money that the tour is canceled however we will see how it goes.

• Wow
Reactions: GameMisconduct

GameMisconduct

Jul 20, 2006

I was going to seem them Wednesday in Toronto with two friends. They will be sad because we were supposed to see them open for Smashing Pumpkins in 2022 but Perry injured himself and missed five dates including the Toronto show. Wednesday's concert was going to make things whole however it's difficult to envision the concert happening. Maybe maturity will win the day. They have today to take a breath and talk things out. I would wager money that the tour is canceled however we will see how it goes.
One of my friends in the circle of us that used to go to shows together regularly back in the day was truly a die hard Jane's Addiction fan. When we went to see them I think it was one of the worst perfomances I've seen. They were not on the same page and Ferrell was definitely a big part of it. It was so bad that next time they came around, none of use except him were interested (he swore it was just an off night).

I think Perry Ferrell is pretty much known to be a full blown alcoholic at this point (and probably that's not all) so this doesn't seem to me likely to be somthing that just came out of nowhere. I could be misremembering this, but I also seem to remember he had some notoriety at one point for trying to screw the rest of the band out of the royalties for their stuff.

I'll always be greatful to him for starting Lollapalooza bc of how much exposure to different bands and live performances I got when it was a touring festival (and I'll always love the Mountain Song), but he just seems to be a grade A a**hole.

GameMisconduct

Jul 20, 2006
Heard this the other day on radio. Had never heard of the artist. Liked the bass line a lot.

Thanks for sharing that, it's a nice find. I don't know tons of his stuff (for me he's in that category of artists that I hear something I like and mean to find more and haven't gotten to due to life) but I like the song below by him quite a bit.

Reactions: TheStorm

sabremike

#1 Tageaholic
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY

As a follow up the show tonight was indeed canceled.

Last night I saw Megadeth. It was awesome because of course it was they're goddamned Megadeth. Mudvayne and All That Remains were good as well. They made extensive renovations to the venue in Jones Beach including replacing all the weather worn seats in every place except the upper tier (that will be done in the next phase).
20240914_183137.jpg
20240914_212234.jpg

elchud

Nov 1, 2015
I saw Bikini Kill last week, great freaking show. And then Johnny Marr & James in a couple weeks. Trying to get a lot in before I move to Korea next year.

Reactions: GameMisconduct

truthbluth

Feb 2, 2011
Going to see The National tonight. One of my top 5 live bands to see but they have a whole new album I haven't listened to once. Ordinarily that'd be fun, but if you've never gone to see this band, you should know that every person in the crowd belts every lyric at the top of their lungs. This'll be interesting.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad