Prospect Info: The 2024 Lightning Development Camp (July 2nd - 5th)

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
TBH, really don’t follow the prospects too closely. Look at a Syracuse box score now and then. Plus all the vids posted here, greatly appreciated.

Watched a lot of the 3v3 today. Specifically to see Groshev, Howard and Geekie.

Just my observations. Howard needs more seasoning. Groshev might be on the roster sooner than later. Love the size/skill combo.

Know next to nothing about the Golden Child, ooops I mean Geekie. A lot of posters think he’s ready. Don’t know what they did in the morning session, but he looked gassed from the moment he stepped on the ice.

Not saying he looked slow, but I would use the term that he looked “measured” Maybe got dinged up earlier in the day? If you can find the vid of his second SO goal, he is clearly grimacing as he returns to his teammates.

Happy 4th!
It's very difficult to make any real assessments out of this tournament, IMO. Guys don't play at 20%, even in the regular season.

Ilya Usau looked like a surefire NHLer in these.

Hockeyville USA

Dec 30, 2023
Central Ohio
Duke's skating has really improved over the past 3 year. Not sure if it's more because of the goat herself Barb Underhill, anyone at Michigan, or a private skating coach. But it's definitely not flat out bad anymore.

Everyone had Duke in the mid-late 2nd to early 3rd range in their final 2021 Draft rankings, and he fell due to his skating issues

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Have to take all of this with a grain of salt but I do like some of the first looks we’re getting.

Steen seems to have a lot of tools to work with. I like Golicic too.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
Maaann.....I know it's just a prospect tourney but Geekie is already pissing me off. He doesn't try at all unless he's got the puck in the offensive zone.

The lack of effort makes him look soooo slow

Reactions: AHockeyFanatic

Hockeyville USA

Dec 30, 2023
Central Ohio
Maaann.....I know it's just a prospect tourney but Geekie is already pissing me off. He doesn't try at all unless he's got the puck in the offensive zone.

The lack of effort makes him look soooo slow
Geekie could be another disappointment like Nick Ritchie (who was probably never that good to begin with) or he could carve out a nice role like Lawson Crouse has. As someone said in Geekie's thread on the prospect board, it's all up to him in terms of how good he could be in the NHL.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
Blue team wins

Geekie had trouble finding the handshake line, didn't even shake everyones hand

1720201598347.png

Hughes was super competitive, like the kid a lot.

Anyways, I am sure it's nothing and Geekie just wasn't super motivated. Hopefully :laugh:

You can see the size, skating, and talent.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Geekie could be another disappointment like Nick Ritchie (who was probably never that good to begin with) or he could carve out a nice role like Lawson Crouse has. As someone said in Geekie's thread on the prospect board, it's all up to him in terms of how good he could be in the NHL.
When it comes to laziness, anyone who didn't follow Nick Ritchie's post NHL career in Europe last season missed out on something beautiful.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
I have never seen 2 guys more "meh" than Nick and Brett Ritchie. Bunch of over sized lumps the both of them
Would you believe me if I said Ritchie went to play for one of the worst teams in the German league because he wasn't good (or fit) enough to play in Finland?

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
When it comes to laziness, anyone who didn't follow Nick Ritchie's post NHL career in Europe last season missed out on something beautiful.

That guy has much bigger problems to deal with beyond hockey. I’ll leave it at that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad