Prospect Info: The 2024 Lightning Development Camp (July 2nd - 5th)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ

The Tampa Bay Lightning announced the schedule for their 2024 Development Camp, presented by Florida Blue. On-ice workouts begin on Tuesday, July 2 and will conclude with the annual 3-on-3 tournament on Thursday and Friday.

Tampa Bay’s development camp will showcase its top prospects, along with recent NHL draftees, invitees, and additional participants. The camp will take place at the TGH Ice Plex with streaming of the 3-on-3 tournament available on TampaBayLightning.com.

Last edited:
Reactions: barriers

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ

Forwards:

28 CONOR GEEKIE
36 MILO ROELENS
37 KLAVS VEINBERGS
44 KADEN PITRE
49 JOONA SAARELAINEN
50 COOPER FLINTON
51 LUKE HAYMES *
52 MAX GROSHEV
53 DYLAN DUKE
54 LUCAS EDMONDS
56 TJ HUGHES *
60 JOE CONNOR
61 TRISTAN ALLARD
68 CONNOR KURTH
72 ISAAC HOWARD
74 NOAH STEEN
89 ETHAN GAUTHIER
92 JAYSON SHAUGABAY
94 JACK HARVEY
95 ETHAN HAY
96 GABRIEL SZTURC

Defensemen:

39 JACE WEIR *
55 JAN GOLICIC
57 DYLLAN GILL
59 WARREN CLARK
63 RIHARDS SIMANOVICS *
75 ALEX GAGNE
76 ROMAN SCHMIDT

Goaltenders:

1 HARRISON MENEGHIN
35 ISAK POSCH *
70 LUDVIG PERSSON *
80 NICK MALIK

Missing: Hagen Burrows, Niko Huuhtanen, Jaydon Dureau, Lukas Svejkovsky, Scott Walford, Daniil Pylenkov (no surprise), Eamon Powell (would be his 5th camp)

Last edited:

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
The invites:

LUKE HAYMES - Teammates with Cooper Flinton at Dartmouth. Scored 18 goals, 36 points, in 31 games as a sophomore. Unanimous First team All-ECAC. He attended the Maple Leafs development camp last summer

TJ HUGHES - Teammate of Dylan Duke at Michigan. Scored 19 goals, 48 points in 41 games. All-Big Ten Honorable Mention. He attended the Capitals development camp last year

JACE WEIR - 20 year old Dman for the Red Deer Rebels in the WHL. Was at Vegas' development camp in 2022

RIHARDS SIMANOVICS - 6'3" 20 year old defenseman from Latvia who just finished up his freshman season at Miami of Ohio. Was on the Latvian WJC team in 2022 and 2023

ISAK POSCH - 22 year old goaltender from Sweden. NCHC All-Rookie team in his first season at St. Cloud with Warren Clark. He backed up Dominic Basse this past season but is in line to be the starter this year.

LUDVIG PERSSON - Back again after camping with us last year.

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
I can’t imagine the logistics of trying to run one of the camps less than a week after the draft. There’s probably so much scrambling with all of the new prospects added.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Some of the 2024 picks

Jan Golicic

oFb8xDV.png

Joona Saarelainen

2VJyyvT.png

Kaden Pitre

FzKPuaM.png

Joe Connor

z6l8wOF.png

Noah Steen

wOYEafl.png

Harrison Meneghin

GB77ujo.png

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Geekie talking to the media today:

On his focus here at development camp
"Yeah I think just learning to play with the big club. Everyone's coming here to take a spot. I think just having that mentality that nothing's really handed to you, right? I just try to do my best to want every minute of it, whether it comes easy or not. I think playing with the big club say come main camp, just working my butt off and try to show them that I'm not here to kinda be an easy roll over."

On JBB speaking highly about him at yesterday's press conference
"Yeah it's pretty interesting to hear that. Obviously it means a lot. It doesn't go overlooked, but like I said, I'm just trying to focus on what I can do to maybe make the team this year, try to be a little bit of an impact. Obviously they've got some pretty good players over here, so try to be an impact there. Again, Julien's obviously a fantastic person, and it's greatly appreciated to hear those kind of words."

Hockeyville USA

Dec 30, 2023
Central Ohio
The invites:

LUKE HAYMES - Teammates with Cooper Flinton at Dartmouth. Scored 18 goals, 36 points, in 31 games as a sophomore. Unanimous First team All-ECAC. He attended the Maple Leafs development camp last summer

TJ HUGHES - Teammate of Dylan Duke at Michigan. Scored 19 goals, 48 points in 41 games. All-Big Ten Honorable Mention. He attended the Capitals development camp last year

JACE WEIR - 20 year old Dman for the Red Deer Rebels in the WHL. Was at Vegas' development camp in 2022

RIHARDS SIMANOVICS - 6'3" 20 year old defenseman from Latvia who just finished up his freshman season at Miami of Ohio. Was on the Latvian WJC team in 2022 and 2023

ISAK POSCH - 22 year old goaltender from Sweden. NCHC All-Rookie team in his first season at St. Cloud with Warren Clark. He backed up Dominic Basse this past season but is in line to be the starter this year.

LUDVIG PERSSON - Back again after camping with us last year.
Kid is clutch. I know he's an older NCAA player, but would love for BriseBois to give Hughes the ELC once Michigan is done in 2025.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
J.P. Cote today:

What he's hoping the players learn:
"Culture most of all. They come here, we want them to have a good experience, we want them to see how hard we work, they see those pro players as well playing on the ice, they see what it takes to get there. Obviously we can go into details. Like we worked on wall plays, we worked on gaining inside, and all those things are to me great, but the culture, being a Bolt, that's what we focus on."

How he sees guys develop from season to season:
"To me, what I realized is everything we teach these guys, every time we have an interaction with them, whether I go to their junior team, whether it's our skater going there, everything piles up, and you see it. They become better players. Also we're in touch with their coaches, with their GMs, so they know a little bit where we're going, and the kids are onboard. Every little thing adds each other up. At the end of the day you got a 1%, 2%, 3%, 50%, better player than you had at the beginning. That's the goal to be in touch with those guys. Little by little it adds up."

On Braydon Coburn:
"He's super nice with the kids, he's open to talk with all of them. We're going to give him a little more room tomorrow, he'll work with the (defensemen). We really want the guys to see what he's like, and have him talk about what it's like to be a Lightning player, and to me he's one of the best guys to do that. So it's great to have him."

Some quick shots of JP Cote, Barb Underhill, and Mark Lambert

Reactions: Hockeyville USA

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad