Pre-Game Talk: The 2024-2025 Tampa Bay Lightning Training Camp

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I've thought the same a bunch of times and at some point I figured Sam Gagner and Simon Gagné have always been the same person in my head.
I did have the same thought about Simon Gagne a few times too. But that's just a weird coincidence. Never got them confused. Just figured Sam kind of drifted away a few years ago but apparently he's been kicking around.

Oh wow. 1000 nhl games and just 11 in the playoffs. Bad luck.

Reactions: JoVel

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Geekie making the team?
I would be shocked, astonished, flabbergasted, befuddled, gobsmacked and crapping myself all at once if that happened. It would be like the first time since Point we had a forward just skip the Syracuse program.

I am not betting on it. The odds of Geekie making the day 1 team and sticking around is probably single digits

Reactions: Deas

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
I would be shocked, astonished, flabbergasted, befuddled, gobsmacked and crapping myself all at once if that happened. It would be like the first time since Point we had a forward just skip the Syracuse program.

I am not betting on it. The odds of Geekie making the day 1 team and sticking around is probably single digits

You're talking like it's an active coaching decision to hold prospects down, the reality is we've had no one good enough since Point to even be worth a discussion.

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
Since neither Glendening nor Ace are likely to go on ltir to begin the season, there's basically one spot for a F. Brown was looking good, but is now once again injured. Maybe he goes on ltir if he's offered a contract, but I kind of doubt he stays. Depending on Goncalves' injury, he'd probabaly be the front runner for the last spot, but Geekie may have passed him. However, with Tampa rarely having prospects bypass Syracuse, and not wanting to place Geekie on the 4th (and probabaly not greatly positioned on the 3rd either), will Cooper give him a top 6 or even top 9 spot right away? If not, he'd be better served to play 15-20 games on the Crunch's 1st line and then get called up if he thrives. I'd still say the last spot is either Goncalves or Ylonen due to the injury to Brown, with Geekie still in the mix as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad