The 2024-2025 Roster Thread

elchud

Nov 1, 2015
Optimistic that we've seen this team at its worst and that things can only get better. 10 points in the next 8 games and we're in good shape.

I don't know how we fix this roster if things don't get better. Byram is the only real chip we have and I don't know what RHD are even available.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Optimistic that we've seen this team at its worst and that things can only get better. 10 points in the next 8 games and we're in good shape.

I don't know how we fix this roster if things don't get better. Byram is the only real chip we have and I don't know what RHD are even available.
We don't have to trade Byram. We have Jokiharju, picks and prospects. But there may be problems with the availability of RD, it seems there are almost no options for trading, Adams should have taken care of this earlier.

elchud

Nov 1, 2015
We don't have to trade Byram. We have Jokiharju, picks and prospects. But there may be problems with the availability of RD, it seems there are almost no options for trading, Adams should have taken care of this earlier.

We need to add a RHD and not move Joker.

Needs are ... same as it ever was. Same as it ever was. Top 4 RHD, 2C, big physical winger.

If Cozens moves to wing, Quinn and Krebs and Rosen I guess are all on the table for a 2C. But who the hell wants to trade a 2C (besides us when we traded Mitts last year). And Byram is a luxury.

SabresFanNorthPortFL

Sponsor
Aug 9, 2007
North Port, FL

Needs are ... same as it ever was. Same as it ever was. Top 4 RHD, 2C, big physical winger.

If Cozens moves to wing, Quinn and Krebs and Rosen I guess are all on the table for a 2C. But who the hell wants to trade a 2C (besides us when we traded Mitts last year). And Byram is a luxury.
After the last 13+ years, We should be living like “Life during wartime!!!”

• Haha
Reactions: michaelsaas

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY

Knowing what you need and filling that need are two different things.

Conroy knows that they have a huge need for a young center. But, filling that need has been a challenge.

I wonder if Adams had offered Mitts for Rasmus Andersson last year if he would have taken it, for instance...

For Adams, I doubt Jokiharju+____ gets another GM to give them a much better RHD unless there are mitigating factors like the player being close to UFA and being unlikely to re-sign or something like that. And I doubt Adams trades for a guy that is a flight risk.

michaelsaas

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Beaumont, TX

This is not my Top 4RHD!! This is not my 2C!!

Reactions: zenthusiast

My Cozen Dylan

Feb 21, 2014
Jacksonville, FL

Conroy knows that they have a huge need for a young center. But, filling that need has been a challenge.

I wonder if Adams had offered Mitts for Rasmus Andersson last year if he would have taken it, for instance...

For Adams, I doubt Jokiharju+____ gets another GM to give them a much better RHD unless there are mitigating factors like the player being close to UFA and being unlikely to re-sign or something like that. And I doubt Adams trades for a guy that is a flight risk.
Kadri for Cozens would be a roster shake up for both teams. Not saying a good one, but I could see it if Cozens continues to suck.

My Cozen Dylan

Feb 21, 2014
Jacksonville, FL
I know it's easy and trendy to blame Adams but the defense is way more talented than they are performing.
They aren’t the right blend, though. Raw talent can only go so far, especially when your 3 top players are left handed offensive defensemen.

Jokiharju isn’t good and Samuelsson’s consistently horrible decisions don’t make up the other shortcomings.

Reactions: Jim Bob

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018

That's why I said there are basically no options on the market. Andersson is not even the type of player we need.

Joki + 1st + solid prospect they could probably give us a top 4 RD but that's basically a trade with a team that's rebuilding, anyway i just couldn't find any reasonable options even though i looked at all the NHL RDs yesterday.

Well, Joker won't have a place in the top 4, only in the third pair, no problem.

Adams can't add a winger, 2C is out of the question.

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
It is going to take a bit of time to undo what was done under Granato on the D. I'm curious why they kept the same coach to work with them and if this is actually the right approach.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
I know it's easy and trendy to blame Adams but the defense is way more talented than they are performing.
That's his defense. Okay, Dahlin is playing injured. But he has no chemistry with Jokiharju. Top 4 RD still missing. Byram is left-handed, we needed a right-hander. Power is developing, and it seems to be going well. Ruff says he doesn't like it when a guy plays on the wrong side. Samuelsson is deteriorating, plagued by injuries, Clifton is just a physical guy from the third pair.

Adams created this defense himself, he could have done it differently.

My Cozen Dylan

Feb 21, 2014
Jacksonville, FL
That's his defense. Okay, Dahlin is playing injured. But he has no chemistry with Jokiharju. Top 4 RD still missing. Byram is left-handed, we needed a right-hander. Power is developing, and it seems to be going well. Ruff says he doesn't like it when a guy plays on the wrong side. Samuelsson is deteriorating, plagued by injuries, Clifton is just a physical guy from the third pair.

Adams created this defense himself, he could have done it differently.
I don’t even think it needs to be a right hander. You could get an elite defensively responsible LHD to partner with Dahlin which could work too.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
I don’t even think it needs to be a right hander. You could get an elite defensively responsible LHD to partner with Dahlin which could work too.
Yes, but four lefties in the top 4 is strange, and when the coach says that he doesn’t like it in principle.

Matt Ress

Don't sleep on me
Aug 5, 2014
Appalachia
They aren’t the right blend, though. Raw talent can only go so far, especially when your 3 top players are left handed offensive defensemen.

Jokiharju isn’t good and Samuelsson’s consistently horrible decisions don’t make up the other shortcomings.
Well that's it. They need to develop raw talent into high performing talent. I agree that the group is wonky but they should still be better than what they're showing.

My Cozen Dylan

Feb 21, 2014
Jacksonville, FL
Just get Samuelsson off the ice and you drop an entire goal per game against.
I think it’s time to sell on him while another GM still thinks he is good. You can still get a 1st round value (ideally a roster player) based on his playing style and age. But that contract looks like it will age like milk and selling now makes a lot of sense.

TageGod

Aug 31, 2022
I think it’s time to sell on him while another GM still thinks he is good. You can still get a 1st round value (ideally a roster player) based on his playing style and age. But that contract looks like it will age like milk and selling now makes a lot of sense.
If I can get a first, he is gone yesterday.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad