The 2024-2025 Roster Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Matt Ress

Don't sleep on me
Aug 5, 2014
Appalachia
It wouldn’t be shitty or tragic if they didn’t get to play in a NHL regular season game. I’d be surprised if they did barring injury or beating out others during camp to be in the starting 12. I’m sure they’ll both play in the exhibition game.
I mean generally I agree with you but it's kind of a once in a lifetime opportunity and the reason he's been away from his family since a young age. I don't think that's lost on Lindy and I bet there's a few guys who would willingly sit down a game or two for him.

Matt Ress

Don't sleep on me
Aug 5, 2014
Appalachia
It sounds like Buffalo is incompetent. Especially when guys like Ovechkin makes a living there. Hull made a living there.

Can the team not cycle the puck and get Tage open? Don't understand this quote its like waving the white flag.
Hmmm I took it as the opposite. Like hey, this isn't working so we're going to try different things. Certainly more inspiring than hey, this didn't work but we're going to keep doing it in hopes it will eventually work. I guess we can spin anything into catastrophe if we really try.

Vito_81

Jul 23, 2006
Toronto
It sounds like Buffalo is incompetent. Especially when guys like Ovechkin makes a living there. Hull made a living there.

Can the team not cycle the puck and get Tage open? Don't understand this quote its like waving the white flag.

I think you’re taking the statement too literally. Totally eliminating the Tage one timer would be foolish, and I don’t think thats what App is saying. But when It was the PP’s ONLY plan like last season, its easy to defend. The days of being that one dimensional is over.

It sounds like they will be adapting a new style with several shooter options, which like OV in Washington, will then actually open up Tage for a few more open looks to take those bombs.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Not a knock on capability but I think we will see the inverse approach to Granato. With so much emphasis on defending our own zone to start, I think we will see our goal scoring production down, as well as the amount of goals we give up will be lower this season as well.

We need special teams to be very good for this to happen.

They tore a lot of GA off their totals from 2022-23 to 23-24. What they didn’t do was cut down a lot of their d-zone miscues. They were still bad at cross-slot passes, odd-man rushes, and quality shots against. They might just give up fewer goals just by better forechecking.

Reactions: Fezzy126

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012

I thought this a little yesterday when I saw Stamkos score standing still on the PP.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad