The 2024-2025 Roster Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

HOOats

born Ruffian
Nov 19, 2007
City of Buffalo
Can Baby Benson be a top
6 this year?
Sure. He along with Quinn could provide Cozens with the high IQ support that will cover for his weaknesses and let his strengths play up. Two shooters with Benson could unlock his assist numbers.

Who knows, he may well have improved significantly in the off-season - after all he was precociousness personified last year. Ten other key young players may have done the same. Excited to see in a week.

debaser66

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2012
Not being a finished product also means that there could be regression (also for Peterka)
That's why it would have been wise to bring in a true top6 forward.
Lets hope everyone's playing up to potential cause I am sick of losing.

sabremike

#1 Tageaholic
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Guys, I think I've come up with a way to get us into the playoffs that sounds crazy but just might work:
20240916_215107.jpg

Matt Ress

Don't sleep on me
Aug 5, 2014
Appalachia

Comments on X talking about bumping Greenway out of the lineup and I don't think that would be the case at all. More likely Nic NAK gets a rest. But to the contrary, a line of McLeod, Benson Kulich would get terrorized by a checking line. I think you still need one or two bigs on the ice with Benson for now.

So when we do see Kulich, and we will at some point, he will be in the top 6 regardless of which spot opens up. There's always the weight of which line is playing well at the moment which would come into play and Ruff seems to be keen on chemistry.

Reactions: HOOats

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Comments on X talking about bumping Greenway out of the lineup and I don't think that would be the case at all. More likely Nic NAK gets a rest. But to the contrary, a line of McLeod, Benson Kulich would get terrorized by a checking line. I think you still need one or two bigs on the ice with Benson for now.

So when we do see Kulich, and we will at some point, he will be in the top 6 regardless of which spot opens up. There's always the weight of which line is playing well at the moment which would come into play and Ruff seems to be keen on chemistry.
I am expecting that it is top 6 or back to Rochester for Kulich.

I do not see Kulich being better at what Ruff will want from bottom 6 guys than all the other options they have there, including Greenway.

:dunno:

Matt Ress

Don't sleep on me
Aug 5, 2014
Appalachia
I am expecting that it is top 6 or back to Rochester for Kulich.

I do not see Kulich being better at what Ruff will want from bottom 6 guys than all the other options they have there, including Greenway.

:dunno:
Yeah I see folks expecting a 3rd line beginner role to make the team but that seems like a horrible fit. So as much as I love Kulich, I don't think he displaces anyone out of camp barring injury. Zucker is that one year stop gap for Jiri to get polishing, not Greenway.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Yeah I see folks expecting a 3rd line beginner role to make the team but that seems like a horrible fit. So as much as I love Kulich, I don't think he displaces anyone out of camp barring injury. Zucker is that one year stop gap for Jiri to get polishing, not Greenway.
I think Zucker is the safety net under Benson and guys like Kulich and Rosen for 2024-25 given how they talked about his ability to play up and down the lineup.

I think the real wild card scenario is Kulich playing center in the middle 6 with one of Thompson, Cozens, or McLeod sliding to wing.

Reactions: Matt Ress

HOOats

born Ruffian
Nov 19, 2007
City of Buffalo
That is what I expect, as well. And the same likely goes for Bryson. I think they wanted to leave some spots open.

:laugh:
Yeah there's some clickbait-y stuff passing around on X and Greenway seems to be the best lure.

Speed aside, he may be the most "Lindy" player on the roster. I expect him to be a mainstay on what should be a good PK again.

munkyhead8

Jul 9, 2010
Yeah there's some clickbait-y stuff passing around on X and Greenway seems to be the best lure.

Speed aside, he may be the most "Lindy" player on the roster. I expect him to be a mainstay on what should be a good PK again.
Agree, seems a lot of people have forgotten how effective he was last season. There was more than 1 night that he was the best player on the ice. Not the fastest, but not slow and was critical to the PK success.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad