The 2024-2025 Roster Thread

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
When was the last time he played center on a regular basis?
Under Eakins
I’ve not watched a non-Sabres Ducks game in a long time so I can’t say whether Zegras would fit but I find the conversation intriguing.

I love hearing these opinions…gonna sneak over to the ducks page when I get a chance to see what the hometown fans think
There's a lot going on in Anaheim with Zegras.

Eakins coached a possession game, which Zegras excelled at. He's best at F3 where he can see the ice better, and drop down into plays, instead of constantly trying to get into corners first against defenseman for loose pucks. Eakins didn't play F3 high, but mid-to-low in the offensive zone, so it was perfect for Zegras. His defensive metrics sucked, but he was also asked to be the face of the franchise at a young age, when everyone around him was being traded away. That pressure only increased after Getzlaf retired. So his teams was getting worse around him, and he wasn't able to pick up the slack.

Verbeek and Cronin took over and shifted Zegras to wing. The Ducks wanted to go back to playing a heavier game. Zegras wasn't going to withstand that type of pressure in his own zone, so they moved him to wing, and drafted big centers. Cronin changed the team to a dump and chase system. Zegras is never going to be good at flagging down dumps in the corners. He's not at odds with Cronin, but some fans think his confidence is low right now.

Seems like a really good buy low candidate. Stick him with a defensive minded winger.

Reactions: Fjordy and Dingo44

Gabrielor

Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
View attachment 922904
View attachment 922906
View attachment 922908

Different is not guaranteed to be better.

And if you are talking about the kind of guy that Ruff would want for this team, I just do not see Zegras playing enough of a 200 foot game and being responsible enough.

He's way more sizzle than steak. That isn't what I would expect Ruff to want.
I would still add such a player, we need a top 6 forward. In the long run, this could let us down and we won’t make it to the playoffs again; we need to take into account all the risks and competition, which Adams has never done in all these years of working as a GM.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Looking at cap wages I see a handful of trade options. Not sure how realistic or how well they perform these days but here are a few names I noticed. If anyone has insight on their game that would be appreciated.
Severson - Cbj
Weegar - Cal
Murphy - Chi
Pulock - NYI
Mayfield - NYI
Anchors away....
I'd be willing to move Quinn, Cozens, Krebs, and any non-roster propsect/pick in the org right now to get better.

You could talk me into Kulich and Benson too, but they wouldn't be my first suggestions.

Tage, supported by Peterka/Tuch, has re-captured his elite 1st line production.

McLeod and co. are winning their matchup while scoring the secondary scoring needed, for now.

The 4th line is still, imo, finding itself.

The 2nd line is the problem. It's giving nothing but GA right now.
I'm sure youd trade dollars for pennies.

I'm not trading Wahlberg, Helenius, or Ostlund at all.

Others I'm not moving for a 29+ yr old player

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
Not quite ready to give up on Cozens as that number 2C. If he gets that consistent offense going, there really is no one available that brings that skill set. Ruff needs a little more time with him.

Fearnot

Nov 13, 2013
New York
Not quite ready to give up on Cozens as that number 2C. If he gets that consistent offense going, there really is no one available that brings that skill set. Ruff needs a little more time with him.
It sucks he hasn't shown the ability to go back to the kid who went toe to toe with Matthews and McDavid and came out on top. I think that fight with Hathaway humbled him hard emotionally and physically.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad