Prospect Info: The 2024-2025 Prospect Thread: Part 1: Skate or Die!

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
It's too bad the team while watching Woo and Focht couldn't have signed Zamula to a ELC. That kids got some promise.

Jet Woo looks like he might one day be as good as Alex Biega

Canucks... if you need a WHL scout give me a shout :popcorn:

Wry n Ginger

Water which is too pure has no fish
Sep 15, 2010
Victoria
It's too bad the team while watching Woo and Focht couldn't have signed Zamula to a ELC. That kids got some promise.

Jet Woo looks like he might one day be as good as Alex Biega

Canucks... if you need a WHL scout give me a shout :popcorn:
What?!?! Are saying some kids scouted as 17/18 year olds don't make it as NHLers? And that you can predict which prospects will fulfill their potential?!

Goddam my man, where have you been?

• Haha
Reactions: sting101

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Just messen around.....was looking back for some info on Zamula as i remembered i liked that kid. -10 in almost 20 minutes so not exactly much to brag about. The Woo thing made me laugh though. I wanted Ryan McLoed so i was a little jaded.

Reactions: Wry n Ginger

cc

Feb 28, 2002
FYI. Vilmer Alriksson just scored a goal but Guelph is still getting shelled 5-1 against Flint

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Lots of very poor starts to the season. Really only Mynio and Willander producing at acceptable/projectable levels amongst the CHL/NCAA/Euro group.
Yes sucks to not have a bunch of quality picks to follow. Mynio and Willander are the important one's anyway. I do think Alriksson needs a little bit of a pass as his team is abysmal at scoring and he can't leech off anybody at this stage. His camp was good and 6'6 235 lb guys that can fly don't grow on trees. Could be a good 3rd liner one day. Patterson has disappointed big time...might just be the name?? lol

Mynio though is a big story to date he has blown the projection doors open with his advanced play. Since camp he's just rollin in the right direction big time. Wanted to see him live but Seattle don't come to Langley till December 1st and i'm away on Vacay. Plus i missed the opener. Gonna try to head out to Abby soon.

Edit: Hopefully Luchanko helps Guelph and Alriksson score some goals

Reactions: Lindgren

cc

Feb 28, 2002
Yes sucks to not have a bunch of quality picks to follow. Mynio and Willander are the important one's anyway. I do think Alriksson needs a little bit of a pass as his team is abysmal at scoring and he can't leech off anybody at this stage. His camp was good and 6'6 235 lb guys that can fly don't grow on trees. Could be a good 3rd liner one day. Patterson has disappointed big time...might just be the name?? lol

Mynio though is a big story to date he has blown the projection doors open with his advanced play. Since camp he's just rollin in the right direction big time. Wanted to see him live but Seattle don't come to Langley till December 1st and i'm away on Vacay. Plus i missed the opener. Gonna try to head out to Abby soon.

Edit: Hopefully Luchanko helps Guelph and Alriksson score some goals
Watching the one game, it looked to me that Alriksson was on the third line and 2nd pp unit but not sure if it was always like this. Didn't see his line mates generating much for him and he wasn't counted on much to score for the team when they were looking for offense. I doubt coach Stillman puts them together but we'll see.

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
Pickle Time Deli & Market

Just some of the recordings I got from Dorrington's game last night. I'm going to see if I can get a shift-by-shift of him for today's game but no promises.

Things that stand out about his game is that he's just a mean player who isn't afraid to throw a open ice hit. Also, he is more than comfortable joining the rush as a defenseman.

If/when I get the shift-by-shift I'll let people judge on their own. But to me he has good gap control and can angle a guy out in addition to having great physical tools. He is big and plays big.

Last edited:

sting101

Feb 8, 2012

Just some of the recordings I got from Dorrington's game last night. I'm going to see if I can get a shift-by-shift of him for today's game but no promises.

Things that stand out about his game is that he's just a mean player who isn't afraid to throw a open ice hit. Also, he is more than comfortable joining the rush as a defenseman.

If/when I get the shift-by-shift I'll let people judge on their own. But to me he has good gap control and can angle a guy out in addition to having great physical tools. He is big and plays big.

Thanks for this it's hard to get much on Dorrington.

His skating size/strength are intriguing. He's a powerhouse.

Should be an interesting follow as he gets closer to becoming a pro.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad