Prospect Info: The 2024-2025 Prospect Thread: Part 1: Skate or Die!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

credulous

Nov 18, 2021
Wouldn't the Allsvenskan be the next logical step for Fernstrom?

he's playing for orebro who are in the top league (SEL). if he can't cut it in the top league they might loan him to an allsvenskan team but you don't really move up and down leagues like that in european hockey like you'd move from the echl to ahl to nhl or whatever

Reactions: Lindgren and Vector

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
he's playing for orebro who are in the top league (SEL). if he can't cut it in the top league they might loan him to an allsvenskan team but you don't really move up and down leagues like that in european hockey like you'd move from the echl to ahl to nhl or whatever

Which is normally true but for whatever reason both Lekkerimaki and D-Elias Pettersson did it. I don't expect Fernstrom to follow suit.

Reactions: Lindgren

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Every team in the SHL right now.

46fi9w.jpg

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Wow!.....how big would it be if Fernstrom had a 'Lekkerimaki-like' season, playing in the SHL as an 18-year old? But where were they playing that exhibition game? Looked like Eight Rinks on a slow week-night.

ManVanFan

Mar 28, 2024
Sorry if this was already posted, I just saw it now.

I like Dorrington's game. Plays his size, skates well, defends well. Doesn't have strong offence but that's ok. He probably should get top line minutes at Northeastern this season. If his game continues to improve, could certainly see him an everyday 3rd pairing PK defender in the NHL. Jake Middleton type defender. IMO.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Sam Cosentino's "Top 23 under the age of 23' list is now out on Sportsnet. And the Canucks have two guys on the list--Lekkerimaki at 15th overall and Wilander at 18th. The only other NHL team with two players on that list are the Sharks--Macklin Celebrini and Will Smith.

Pretty encouraging, for a team that won the Pacific Division last season with 109 points; and figures to be amongst the top-eight teams in the NHL this season. I guess we'll have to wait and see on some of the Canucks later round picks; but Lekkerimaki and Wilander are a pretty impressive couple of guys t o be heading your prospect pool.

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
Sam Cosentino's "Top 23 under the age of 23' list is now out on Sportsnet. And the Canucks have two guys on the list--Lekkerimaki at 15th overall and Wilander at 18th. The only other NHL team with two players on that list are the Sharks--Macklin Celebrini and Will Smith.

Pretty encouraging, for a team that won the Pacific Division last season with 109 points; and figures to be amongst the top-eight teams in the NHL this season. I guess we'll have to wait and see on some of the Canucks later round picks; but Lekkerimaki and Wilander are a pretty impressive couple of guys t o be heading your prospect pool.
Please be good, Please be good, Please be good, Please be good, Please be good, Please be good, Please be good, Please be good, Please be good, Please be good, Please be good, Please be good, Please be good, Please be good, Please be good, Please be good,

Sexy Necksy Garland

SMD
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
Please be good, Please be good, Please be good, Please be good, Please be good, Please be good, Please be good, Please be good, Please be good, Please be good, Please be good, Please be good, Please be good, Please be good, Please be good, Please be good,
Only if you ask nicely.

logan5

May 24, 2011
Vancouver - Mt. Pleasant

Much better ranking than The Hockey Writers "Top 100 prospects" list that follows close to the same criteria for inclusion. Lekkerimaki and Willander were ranked 25 and 33 on that list.

logan5

May 24, 2011
Vancouver - Mt. Pleasant
Also of note on the top 23 list is Axel Sandin-Pellikka at #20. At the World Juniors, Elias Pettersson was bumped to the 1st pairing, above Axel Sandin-Pellikka, yet in the Hockey Writers Top 100 Prospects list, which was published just a few weeks ago, Pettersson didn't even make the top 100.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Really impressed with Arliksson's game against the Oiler prospects. When he gathers the puck in stride and cuts to the net he's almost impossible to stop. He's still got a bit of a ponderous first step, but for a guy who's 6'6", he really does skate pretty well.

He's a 'project'......but if he has a monster year with Guelph in the OHL, who knows?

Reactions: cc

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Also of note on the top 23 list is Axel Sandin-Pellikka at #20. At the World Juniors, Elias Pettersson was bumped to the 1st pairing, above Axel Sandin-Pellikka, yet in the Hockey Writers Top 100 Prospects list, which was published just a few weeks ago, Pettersson didn't even make the top 100.
That’s because one off tournaments shouldn’t be taken with too much weight over the whole body of work.

Reactions: wetcoast and Vector

logan5

May 24, 2011
Vancouver - Mt. Pleasant
Glad I was able to show you the error in your position.
My position was that D Petey is a good prospect that should at least be in the top 100 prospects list.

So nice to be talking to you again after the summer break. Go Canucks!

• Haha
Reactions: Coffees

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
My position was that D Petey is a good prospect that should at least be in the top 100 prospects list.

Those lists don’t matter, most of them are like 1st rounders anyways.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Those lists don’t matter, most of them are like 1st rounders anyways.
Agreed.....this top-heavy with current and former first round draft-picks....the reality is a lot will fall off the list after this season, if they go back and underperform in their junior and European Leagues.

Reactions: arttk

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC

You can’t possibly know if he belongs in the top 100 unless you have a thorough understanding of every teams’ prospects which I don’t believe you do.
In any event as others have stated the lists aren’t all that important.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad