GDT: The 2023 NHL Entry Draft - Nashville, TN - 4:00pm (AZ) - ESPN, ESPN+

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
I keep hearing about how much Columbus likes Smith, lots of speculation they would choose him over Carlsson but will they take him over Fantilli?!

Reactions: Summer Rose

BUX7PHX

Jul 7, 2011
If it's Reinbacher at #6, then we took the right guy. I trust the scouts did their research and know what they're doing. I can't really see them in meetings saying "Gosh, this Leonard kid plays like Tkachuk but we really need a defenseman." lol I just hope it's at #12 or not at all. I think we're getting Dvorsky and Benson.
Regarding Michkov, BA called him a ghost yesterday, implying (poker face) he's not even on our radar but has been our guy the entire time. I hope Michkov goes to San Jose or Anaheim and we get Leonard or Smith. That way I won't lose any sleep for the next three years.
If we do this, then he absolutely has to hit. That's what concerns me. There are a significant number of offensive threats that can hit at 6. Why take the chance there? Wait to 12 for that. If Reinbacher is the "safe" pick, I am a little worried that the expectation is a little high. Would love to be proven wrong, but this was part of the reason why I was pressing for Jiricek last year. We would not even be having this conversation right now about whether or not we reach for a D, or it would be talked about in a different light.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad