GDT: The 2016 Stanley Cup Playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Ben Hankinson ‏@benhankinson 3m3 minutes ago
In Paul Martin's 12yr #NHL career he has never missed #StanleyCupPlayoffs. Never been traded or played for more than 1 team in a season!

Actually an interesting stat... Martin has fit very well in San Jose.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
I really question how you see Nashville with this post. One of the best defensive groups in the league, and elite #1 goal tender that is aging, and a newly added Ryjo to guys like Forsberg, and Neal.

Not sure what to tell you if you think any team losing to Nashville is embarrassing. They are one of the most balanced teams in the league.

Outside of that first line, I don't think very highly of their forward depth, really. Their defense is great, but that's never been enough to get them through the playoffs before. Despite my being a little bit cool on the Ducks as a whole, I think they should have easily been able to find a way to not bleed so many goals away and especially give away the lead early in game 7 and let the Preds play to their defensive strength for 45 minutes, just awful game management.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Ben Hankinson ‏@benhankinson 3m3 minutes ago
In Paul Martin's 12yr #NHL career he has never missed #StanleyCupPlayoffs. Never been traded or played for more than 1 team in a season!

Actually an interesting stat... Martin has fit very well in San Jose.

Remember saying we should grab him after he left the Devils...Apparently he was too expensive and not that good.:(

Don that is one ugly suit.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Murry lifted his pad, why the hell would he do that. I figured he lifted it once the whistle was blown or something. Does not seem to be the case.

That puck was not going in if he didn't lift off like that.

Hesher

Sagan for President
Jan 22, 2013
Slovakia
I'm rooting for the Caps but Wilson pisses me off. He's rapidly approaching Cooke/Torres territory.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Dallas/STL is pretty entertaining. It's always weird watching a hockey game where you have a hard time rooting for either team.

I'm watching Klingberg, Benn, Eakin, Tarasenko, and Pietro more than rooting for either to win.

That must be what scouting is like, when you go to specifically watch players more than the teams.

I guess if I had to pick I want Dallas to win. lol

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
You'd think a tight, low-scoring goalie battle type game would have heavily favored STL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad