The “Wow He’s Still in the League?” Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Circulartheory

Apr 22, 2006
Hong Kong
Ditto Trevor Lewis.

I was also surprised to see Alex Goligoski in Minnesota's lineup when they played Vancouver a few days ago ... I kind of just assumed his career ended after last season.
I don't think Goligoski falls into this category as he's clinging for dear life, playing as a fill in 6 dman and only here because of his NMC and our cap space/injury problems.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Sam Gagner has more than 9 lives

Sam Gagner is top of the list for me.

A lot of the times we'll hear about player retirements from guys who haven't been in the league in years and think "I thought they already retired."

I always get that feeling with Gagner and am surprised to hear he's still kicking it.

Gagner's career is crazy.

He was waived by Philly in the 15-16 season which was his 9th season in the NHL, 9 seasons ago.

At that point, it looked like his career was close to over, seemed like the stage where lots of guys of his ilk head to Switzerland or the KHL.

Then he signed with Columbus and scored 30 points in his first 33 games there and has parlayed that into another 8 seasons in the NHL, almost entirely as a space-filler on terrible/tanking teams.

He's basically been veteran tank-aid longer than he was actually considered a player with value.

Warh1ppy

Feb 14, 2018
Nobody mentioning Dan O'Halloran?

The guy cost a few teams full series and at least two teams critical games during cup finals.

1702330630386.png

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Zack MacEwen.

He played against us last week, and I was shocked he’s still in the NHL. I remember him on the Canucks during the pandemic, and thought no chance he’d last.

Somehow he has all these years.

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
Jeff Petry, because his name merges with some retired player so that I think this dude had a 30 year career.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad