Teuvo Teravainen

BusQuets

Jul 16, 2010
I think he means they're similar in terms of what was expected of them and not meeting those expectations.

If he's comparing their play styles than he could not be more wrong.

No matter how you look at it it's a bad comparison. Teravainen has a long way to over 700 NHL games.

covfefe

Zoltan Poszar's Burner
Feb 5, 2014
I am more curious about what's going on with Lindholm but looks like he is just snakebitten as he is still getting plenty of prime minutes

sjsharks92

Shark Tank Commander
Jun 9, 2014
Bay Area, California
What does this post really have to do with Teuvo Teravainen? Hertl is a good pick. We get it.

:laugh:

Relax, my only point in bringing that up was that TT was a highly regarded prospect who slipped to the Sharks and we didn't take him. The Blackhawks snagged him with the very next pick and I as well as other Sharks fans were furious. The obvious line of thinking from that is TT has not met his potential which is pretty much the basis of this thread.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
Never understood the hype for Teravainen. He put up numbers against his first playoff series against the Wild because he was a passenger on a line with Kane.

Outside of that, he never showed much promise from what I saw.

feds91

May 17, 2004
he was drafted 18th overall, he's 17th in scoring out of all 2012 draftees. so I guess he's producing as expected :P

Loffer

Sep 22, 2011
TT is a strange specimen, a rare breed; a real odd man out, stranger and alien inside hockey.

He should use the FORCE of some kind, inner self and strength and turn to a yedi type of a warrior and or kung fu master using special paranormal or stealthy techniques to trick and dangle through the opponent Ds.

At least he should start yoga and transcendental meditation and work from there forward. He is in essence a fox catcher, a hidden dragon, couching tiger, floating water and so on - but he doesn't know it yet. Not in its full meaning and ramifications. The kids needs to find himself and his own way.

Somebody should tell him and lit the flame in his soul.

Sweet jesus this post got way out of line and ordinary. A strange way of putting in it indeed. But subtle is not the Lord only but the many paths words praising him might take.

Be blessed. And good night to you all!

thesaadfather

Kneel Before Saad!
Jan 30, 2014
Ohio
Never understood the hype for Teravainen. He put up numbers against his first playoff series against the Wild because he was a passenger on a line with Kane.

He didn't play on a line with Kane, though. He played on the 3rd line.

halcyon

Jun 23, 2015
TT is a strange specimen, a rare breed; a real odd man out, stranger and alien inside hockey.

He should use the FORCE of some kind, inner self and strength and turn to a yedi type of a warrior and or kung fu master using special paranormal or stealthy techniques to trick and dangle through the opponent Ds.

At least he should start yoga and transcendental meditation and work from there forward. He is in essence a fox catcher, a hidden dragon, couching tiger, floating water and so on - but he doesn't know it yet. Not in its full meaning and ramifications. The kids needs to find himself and his own way.

Sweet jesus this post got way out of line and ordinary. A strange way of putting in it indeed. But subtle is not the Lord only but the many paths words praising him might take.

What?

CanadianPensFan1

Jun 13, 2014
Canada
Maybe he needs couple years in Europe with lower paycheck to understand that he needs to do something else than golfing during summers.

Wouldn't be surprised if he returns NHL as a 26 year old and be a whole new player. The talent is clearly there.

He should go to the khl. Apparently players come out of there being close to the best of their generation.

Esq

in terrorem
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2009
Village in the City
Reminds me a lot of Tuomo Ruutu

Hawks and the world put so much hype around him, but was more fizzle than sizzle.

I don't see the similarity.

Ruutu had incredible physical talents, but zero hockey sense.

Teuvo has a high hockey IQ, but not (as of yet) the ability to pair it with the physical talents he possesses.

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013

This is what didn't happen

If you're interested in what did happen, here it is:

During the 2015 playoffs Teravainen played his best and scored his pts almost entirely in the WCF and SCF(in fact he led the SCF in scoring for both teams) playing on the 3rd line with Sharp/Versteeg and Vermette at center.

Thank you for your time

hirawl

Used Register
Dec 27, 2010

That WJC gold was all TT. One of the most dominating performances I've ever witnessed in WJC. Truly spectacular. The hype was fair to me.

crazyhawk

Apr 8, 2011
In the Hills

Love the post! Indeed TT is a crouching tiger, well may be more like a crouching ninja kitten!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad