Ted Talk: Adam Fox is the Most Underrated Player in the NHL

Dead Coyote

Oct 10, 2017
I don't think a player can be underrated when they're in perennial Norris contention. Like dude's been top 5 in Norris voting since his rookie season but he's underrated? Are we supposed to be rating him as like, the next Bobby Orr or something?

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
Hmmm . . .

I have Fox and Heiskanen in my hockey pool this year.

I'm thinking of dumping Heiskanen (0 points), but not Fox (6 points).

To me, Heiskanen looks like a "zero-points", not a "counterpoint" today.
Cool, I was talking about hockey, not fantasy

Reactions: Ciao

archangel2

May 19, 2019
no he is not. I could go on a rant here about this kind of threads but Fox is considered one of the top 10 d men in the league right now. FUll package.

These threads are starting to annoy me. Superstar X is underrated...

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
no he is not. I could go on a rant here about this kind of threads but Fox is considered one of the top 10 d men in the league right now. FUll package.

These threads are starting to annoy me. Superstar X is underrated...
I mean I'd argue he's top 5 at worse but "top whatever" lists usually tend to go with whoever had the hottest year recently or made a jump that got them noticed

I don't think there's realistically any daylight between Fox and anyone else in the league in a "top defenseman" list but it ultimately is just going to come down to what players an individual likes the most

e: him having to play on one knee for most of the playoffs probably didn't help how people view him to start this season

Last edited:

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
I think he’s probably underrated defensively by some but in general it’s hard to say he’s the most underrated when at worst he’s somewhere in the top 10 on most lists. I do think he’s maybe not talked about outside of top defensemen lists as much as some other stars like Hughes and Makar, which is strange considering he’s in NY.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
9771rh.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad