Olympics: Team USA 2022

jcs0218

Apr 20, 2018
Third goalie doesn't matter anyways.
Exactly.

This is why the 3rd goalie is usually a very young player (to give them a taste of the experience) or an older guy with international experience (to reward them for answering the World Championships call).

The 3rd goalie isn't likely to ever play a minute of game time.

Gold Standard

Sep 7, 2018
Does boring really matter?

Team Canada was kind of boring to watch in the 2014 Olympics.

The entire tournament was boring to watch. That's big ice hockey for ya when you get a team that is capable and was as committed to playing that style of defensive game as was Team Canada ! A NHL size rink and a different Team Canada coaching staff in China should fix that. We can only hope.

Reactions: jcs0218

Ace of Hades

#Demko4Vezina
Apr 27, 2010
Oregon
Yes, hence why we don't just look at their save percentages from this season only.

Neither is proven or more proven. You can keep stating this but it doesn't make it true.

There is no data to suggest Vancouver is a worse team than LA during the tenures of Demko and Petersen. Not even close.

I have stated my reasoning multiple times in this thread. Go read them. You may disagree, and that's fine, especially as Demko will be in heavy contention for the roster, but you don't need to make things up to justify Demko's potential inclusion.

One has played 20 more games, with addition to playoffs, with their respective save percentage career-wise. You are grasping at straws with this. You look at what they did recently and come to the conclusion how one has performed better than the other.

How is not true that one is more proven than the other? You are just closing your eyes to the truth at this point

Kings were a better team, considering Canucks were without Pettersson (atleast get his name right) for a good portion, and were suffering from heavy Covid variants later in the season.

You have stated that third stringer for Petersen is based on his potential, that makes no sense when you have a better goaltender available with even more potential and more experience, and generally better overall with his feats. Both are roughly are around the same age as well. Show me actual reasons.

Ace of Hades

#Demko4Vezina
Apr 27, 2010
Oregon
Third goalie doesn't matter anyways.

It sure as hell matters when there are injuries.

Exclaiming that Demko should be a lock is how we should try keeping up ? Im a huge Demko fan but 72 career NHL games and pretty pedestrian stats so far. Knight and Demko will get there time with team USA at the mens level. It just isn’t right now.

but apparently inferior and inexperienced goalies should be more considered above him, as if that makes more sense right?

Even if you dont believe he is not a lock, he is the most likely goaltender available for that third stringer spot given his feats.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010

but apparently inferior and inexperienced goalies should be more considered above him, as if that makes more sense right?

Even if you dont believe he is not a lock, he is the most likely goaltender available for that third stringer spot given his feats.
It's like a 6 game tournament lol. The odds of TWO goalies going down with injury are next to nill.

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I’m not anti-Jones, and I would absolutely have him on the team. I think the fact that you could pair him with Werenski, who he has familiarity with, works to his benefit.

But he’s also competing for playing time with Fox, McAvoy, and Carlson. Each of those guys have been in better form than him the last few seasons. I’m not sure Jones is or should be guaranteed a big role. I think he’ll be on the team, but if he doesn’t show his top form to start next season, he may find himself in a small role.

Reactions: William H Bonney

SanDogBrewin

Righteous bucks!
Jan 14, 2010
On a tasty wave
twitter.com

I prefer a bit more more experience, yes. Who knows you may be right and Demko is a lock in the minds of the decision makers at Team USA. For the present and future i’m feeling pretty damn comfortable for USA goaltending.

Ace of Hades

#Demko4Vezina
Apr 27, 2010
Oregon
I prefer a bit more more experience, yes. Who knows you may be right and Demko is a lock in the minds of the decision makers at Team USA. For the present and future i’m feeling pretty damn comfortable for USA goaltending.

Yes. I would say our goaltending depth is in the top 3 atleast country-wise (even though Russia has the best goaltender).

Reactions: SanDogBrewin

Ace of Hades

#Demko4Vezina
Apr 27, 2010
Oregon
Dang it. You got me there. :)
upload_2021-7-12_14-27-21.png

Reactions: Gurglesons

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
I don't know. DeBrincat is one of the best goal scorers in the NHL and he plays well with Kane. They would look great with a center with some size.
im sure other players like connor, either tkachuk, guentzel, gaudrea would play well with kane. I would put debrincat in over patcioretty tho

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad