Team Trajectory

belfour30

Connor Bedard Fangirl
Dec 14, 2019
This season will be similar to the 2007-08 season…after four poor seasons of 79, 59, 65, 71 points they ended up with 88 points…only 3 pts out if the playoffs

This squad is coming off of four poor seasons of 55(in a 56 game season), 68, 59 and 52 points…

Having drafted 7 and 13 in 2022, 1 and 19 in 2023 and 2, 18 and 27 in 2024…look Chicago to be picking 14 and 16 next summer(yes Toronto will missing playoffs as well)
The only guy that will be here is Bedard, all of the other prospects are still coming. No way.
If they have a 23 pt improvement next year, they'll still be bottom 5. Also, you can't count on AA/Hall staying healthy. Therefore, they will probably still be a bottom 5 team, albeit in the 3-5 range.

Wally1112pac

Three Year Rebuild lol
Jul 10, 2019
I think we finish bottom 3 if everything goes wrong ie Mrazek blows his groin, Hall, AA, Murphy all get injured for prolonged stretches. Teuvo and Bertuzzi take the year off after signing big contracts. Mikheyev's hasn't fully recovered from his surgery.

I think we finish 7th from the bottom if everything goes extremely well. Bedard is near 90 points. Mrazek plays as well as he did last season. Korchinski and Reichel take another step forward. Teuvo and Bertuzzi are good for 120 points between them.

We will probably see a mix of both so I'm saying we finish 5th worst. Low-Mid 30 win total. Low-Mid 70 point total. I'll be happy if we see the team improve and finish with the 5th pick after the lotto. We can still draft an elite forward to compliment Bedard at 5.

The year after that is where we hopefully begin to take off.

Rolo

Aug 9, 2011
Just for fun, if some of our prospects pan out with Bertuzzi/Teravainen/Jones still signed and we draft Porter Martone next year

Bertuzzi / Bedard / Martone
Vanacker / Nazar / Teravainen
Moore / Boisvert / Kantserov
Reichel / Greene / Hayes
Lardis
Dach
Slaggert

Vlasic / Jones
Korchinski / Levshunov
Del Mastro / Rinzel
Kaiser
Allan

UFA/trade starter
Commesso

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
The 2024/25 team should rise in standibgs by 18-22 points ..70-74 poibts..

25/26 ..hardc o know how much more improvement possible.. 2 irx3 of Lev+KK +Edm must displace 2 or incumbent D and show they are "ready" to make a difference.If they do then team coukd be on cusp of playoffs r be into playoffs (95 -97) points..

If they get ax op Star winger for Bedard or a top 2C (either by ufa signing) in summer 2025...then ofcall this happens,should be contending for Cup.

Do not know if KD will spend big cap amoutona put them over thevtip difference-maker star elite winger or star elite C ..
If he will not spend big to accelerate the team rise,then we still willnot be at Cup contender level as fast.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Of our goal for improvement is 75 points thisxseason then that Still putsxusxaroubdc5th worst...Montreal had 76 points last season zand was 5th worst at the finish..They did not move up with the lotto,But maybe next lotto Hawks might get lucky and get 1 last shot at a top 2 pick..
We actually do not need Hagens...our need rather is to get a sizey winger power forward with scoring skill to play up on the top line with Bedard =Martone .

So let us hope we get lucky.

Also ifcwe got the #2,I wonder what haul we could get dropping down 1 spot in a trade withvthec#2after lotto...despitecit beibg thevuber talented Hagens..we cannot go another small guy in the top six..Eitger we get Martone or go all in on Rangeley if he getscto free agency.

Getting that top quality star winger for Bedard would accelerate Cup contention.

If we gotcMartone probably 1 more year in juniorsbefore hitting the Show.
If we got both then26/27 coukd vecCup contender.

BHFAN92

Jan 21, 2016
Mid-West
only goal I care about is getting Bedard into upper echelon stratosphere..so 90+ point season while still losing. Hopefully KD can trade some of these vets for late 1st or 2nd rd picks at TDL

Reactions: Dr Salt

Dr Salt

Bedard saved me
Feb 26, 2019
ym
only goal I care about is getting Bedard into upper echelon stratosphere..so 90+ point season while still losing. Hopefully KD can trade some of these vets for late 1st or 2nd rd picks at TDL
I'm with this. We have a generational talent and hopefully, he has numbers supporting that trajectory. I'm very confident in it but it is probably the primary hope for next year anyway.

Reactions: BHFAN92

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022
5 years from now

Moore-Frondell-Bedard
Hayes-Nazar-Kantserov
Vanacker-Boisvert-Savoie
Slaggert-Greene-Ludwinski

Vlasic-Levshunov
Korchinski-Rinzel
EDM-Allen
Kaiser

Commesso
Gajan

Florida Blackhawks

Jun 29, 2023
More or less curious about what people think the timeline of the rebuild is looking like. How many rebuilding years are left, jumping into playoff status, and even when certain prospects make the jump to the league. This is the first time since 2019 I've felt positive about the team's direction in a given offseason.

My personal thoughts are this next season isn't outright a tank year but more on development while having a poor roster anyways. 24/25 and 25/26 are the two years where the young pieces around Bedard start to blossom. A playoff return could be on the cards in those seasons if enough breaks are right but obviously no guarantees. Would like to hear how others see the long-term trajectory

Try to win 1/3 of the season, and if we do not have a projected playoff spot then call the young guys up, and see if they can play. If the rookies can play, great. If not tank it and hope for a high lottery pick.

We are at least a seasson away from making the final 8 teams in the playoffs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad