WC: Team Sweden roster 2022

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Janvonpobben

Sep 15, 2021
I am hopefull that some NHL stars want to participate in this years world championchip. Especially now that olympic hockey is cancelled.

Also this years tournament is in Finland, so that is already more attractive than last years country.

Who do you think want to come?

I have hopes on Filip Forsberg, nylander, raymond, zibanejad, erik karlsson etc.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Next to no, or no, chance of reaching the playoffs(bolded are FA's):

CBJ (Nyquist, A.Boqvist, Carlsson, Bemström)
NJD (Bratt, J.Boqvist, Johnsson)
PHI (Lindblom)

CHI (Gustafsson)
ARI (Loui, Jo.Larsson)

DET (Raymond, Lindström)
OTT (Brännström, Forsberg, Gustavsson)
BUF (Olofsson, Asplund, Dahlin)

SEA (Wennberg, Järnkrok, Johansson, A.Larsson)

Last edited:

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
I am hopefull that some NHL stars want to participate in this years world championchip. Especially now that olympic hockey is cancelled.

Also this years tournament is in Finland, so that is already more attractive than last years country.

Who do you think want to come?

I have hopes on Filip Forsberg, nylander, raymond, zibanejad, erik karlsson etc.

What are you talking about? Olympic hockey is NOT cancelled.

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Next to no, or no, chance of reaching the playoffs(bolded are FA's):

CBJ (Nyquist, Boqvist, Carlsson, Bemström)
NJD (Bratt, Boqvist, Johnsson)
PHI (Lindblom)

CHI (Gustafsson)
ARI (Loui, Jo.Larsson)

DET (Raymond, Lindström)
OTT (Brännström, Forsberg, Gustavsson)
BUF (Olofsson, Asplund, Dahlin)

SEA (Wennberg, Järnkrok, Johansson, A.Larsson)

A.Boqvist, Bratt, J.Larsson, Olofsson, Järnkrok and Johanssons among FAs would be intresting players for the WC, if they get their contract extension in time.

Players with already contracts that i find intresting: Nyquist, A.Johansson, Lindbohm, Raymond, Asplund, Dahlin, Wennberg and A.Larsson.

I dont expect any players from the OG team to play WC. Og players often dont. But there is plenty of decent options in Europe that was not seleced for OG. For exemple, Sörensen, Lindberg, Bristedt, Dahlbeck, J.Olofsson, P.Lindholm, Strömvall, Heed, Eklund etc. Then there is Omark who did not want to play in China becuse of the covid rules, if there is better covid rules in Finland i expect him to be on the team. Also Wedin and Anton Bengtsson, who was injured but otherwise would probaly be on the og team. And Edvinsson.

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
With current standings and contract situation in mind:

Nyquist - Wennberg - Johnsson
Omark - Bristedt - Raymond
Asplund - J.Peterson - Lindblom
Söderblom - Eklund - Timashov
A.Bengtsson, E.Larsson

A.Larsson - Dahlin
Edvinsson - Borgman
Djoos - Heed
Lennström - N.Hansson

Gustav Lindvall
Jesper Wallstedt
Filip Gustafsson

As i said above, i dont think any OG players will be in WC, its pretty rare.

I think the likes of Lindberg, P.Lindholm, Nygård, J.Olofsson, Sörensen etc will be angry for not being selected to OG and say no thanks to WC.

jfc64

Jul 2, 2006
One potential good thing is we will have many righthanded RD's to chose from. All NHL players on contract, except where indicated.

Big bodies and defensively responsible players for the Elias P and Lucas Raymond lines. Upgrade for the dynamic duo Lander / Klingberg in Nyquist.

Oskar Lindblom – Alexander Wennberg – Elias Pettersson
Gustav Nyquist – Anton Lander – Carl Klingberg
Joakim Nordström – Carl Söderberg – Lucas Raymond
Jacob de la Rose – Marcus Krüger – Dennis Everberg
Marcus Sörensen – Rasmus Asplund – Max Friberg
Victor Olofsson / Jesper Bratt (RFA’s)

Oliver Ekman Larsson – Adam Larsson
Rasmus Dahlin – Christian Folin
Henrik Tömmernes – Gustav Lindström / Victor Söderström
Oscar Fantenberg – Adam Boqvist (RFA) / Jonathan Pudas

Lars Johansson
Magnus Hellberg
Filip Gustavsson

Last edited:

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
One potential good thing is we will have many righthanded RD's to chose from. All NHL players on contract, except where indicated.

Oskar Lindblom – Elias Pettersson – Gustav Nyquist
Pontus Holmberg – Alexander Wennberg – Lucas Raymond
Mathias Brome – Anton Lander – Carl Klingberg
Joakim Nordström – Rasmus Asplund – Victor Olofsson / Jesper Bratt (RFA’s)

Henrik Tömmernes – Gustav Lindström
Philip Holm – Victor Söderström

Lars Johansson
Magnus Hellberg
Filip Gustavsson

Why Lindblom on first line. He is not having a good season.

Holmberg was not good in WC and been horrible so far in OG and you have him on second line. He should not even be on the team. I like that 3rd line.

Lindström is nothing special. I think someone like Dahlbeck is probaly better.

Jesper Wallstedt instead of Gustavsson, imo.

Elias40

Jan 3, 2020

Oskar Lindblom – Elias Pettersson – Gustav Nyquist
Pontus Holmberg – Alexander Wennberg – Lucas Raymond
Mathias Brome – Anton Lander – Carl Klingberg
Joakim Nordström – Rasmus Asplund – Victor Olofsson / Jesper Bratt (RFA’s)

Henrik Tömmernes – Gustav Lindström
Philip Holm – Victor Söderström

Lars Johansson
Magnus Hellberg
Filip Gustavsson

If I can choose to defend, I want to see in Tampere Andersson of Calgary, ideally his teammate Kylington, but he is unfortunately RFA. I would like to see a few players in the tournament, such as Hampus Lindholm, but he is UFA, so I would like to be behind Bjornfot, Norlinder or Erik Gustafsson. But I'm afraid Garpenlöv will prefer European defenders and choose only three players from the NHL. If Edmonton doesn't advance to the playoffs, then I'd like to see Broberg.

In the offensive, I clearly prefer NHL players, three attacks from the NHL and one from Europe. And a quality quarterback from the blue line is a must and Sweden has those players at its disposal. But here I am afraid that Garpenlöv will have the idea to put together a team where only half of the NHL players and the other half will be from Europe.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
If I can choose to defend, I want to see in Tampere Andersson of Calgary, ideally his teammate Kylington, but he is unfortunately RFA. I would like to see a few players in the tournament, such as Hampus Lindholm, but he is UFA, so I would like to be behind Bjornfot, Norlinder or Erik Gustafsson. But I'm afraid Garpenlöv will prefer European defenders and choose only three players from the NHL. If Edmonton doesn't advance to the playoffs, then I'd like to see Broberg.

In the offensive, I clearly prefer NHL players, three attacks from the NHL and one from Europe. And a quality quarterback from the blue line is a must and Sweden has those players at its disposal. But here I am afraid that Garpenlöv will have the idea to put together a team where only half of the NHL players and the other half will be from Europe.

I think many of the Olympian players will decline if asked to go to the WC as well. And the Euros who turned down an Olympic team invitation are dead to me.

Elias40

Jan 3, 2020
I think many of the Olympian players will decline if asked to go to the WC as well. And the Euros who turned down an Olympic team invitation are dead to me.

Do you have a list of players from Europe who refused to play in the Olympics? I only know about Edvinsson, but again, I don't watch Swedish newspapers every day.

jfc64

Jul 2, 2006
Why Lindblom on first line. He is not having a good season.

Holmberg was not good in WC and been horrible so far in OG and you have him on second line. He should not even be on the team. I like that 3rd line.

Lindström is nothing special. I think someone like Dahlbeck is probaly better.

Jesper Wallstedt instead of Gustavsson, imo.

I believe Lindblom still have to get up to his usual strength after the treatment. I think he should be with the national team as long as he can in advance. Not really a first line player we must provide Elias P with some size on his line. A scarce commodity it seems right now.

I listed all the righthanded RD we have so...why is Dahlbeck not on the team right now?

Wallstedt will not become first goalie on the NT soon so I went with Gustavsson who is closer to breakthrough. Ullmark might be a first round loser.

Lukas Wallmark!

Last edited:

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
I believe Lindblom still have to get up to his usual strength after the treatment. I think he should be with the national team as long as he can in advance. Not really a first line player we must provide Elias P with some size on his line. A scarce commodity it seems right now.

I listed all the righthanded RD we have so...why is Dahlbeck not on the team right now?

Wallstedt will not become first goalie on the NT soon so I went with Gustavsson who is closer to breakthrough. Ullmark might be a first round loser.

Lukas Wallmark!

We cant take out players becuse of potential. those who are best right now should play. we are playing in wc to take the gold. insert someone like lucas wallmark instead of lindblom.

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
He retired from the NT years ago, though. Respect to him for declining and not being a hypocrite.

yep but he wants to play for tre kronor again, he said this to the press. he wanted to play in eht and olympics. but had to decline. he is probaly hungry for wc. as should erik gustafsson be.

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
From the OG squad, if they wanna play:

Lucas Wallmark. There is no doubt. Could even play in top 6, with good NHLers as linemates.

Mathias Brome – Anton Lander – Carl Klingberg is a must for WC. Perfect 3rd line.

Kruger and Nordstrom for the 4th line.

Folin.

Lars Johansson.

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Nyquist - Wennberg - A.Johnsson
Omark - Wallmark - Raymond
Brome - Lander - Klingberg
Nordstrom - Kruger - De la Rose

A.Larsson - Dahlin
Edvinsson - Folin
Gustafsson - Dahlbeck

Lars Johansson
Magnus Hellberg
Adam Reidenborn

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
there is 6 traning games against denmark, norway and finland before wc and 2 eht tournaments. i hope garpenlöv tries some lines from SHL that have great chemistry in this games just to see what they can bring. For exemple:

Hugg - J.Johnsson - L.Karlsson
Rosdahl - Olofsson - Karlqvist
Lyckell - Rosen - Gynge
Everberg - Bristedt - Zaar

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
yep but he wants to play for tre kronor again, he said this to the press. he wanted to play in eht and olympics. but had to decline. he is probaly hungry for wc. as should erik gustafsson be.
Got a source on that? You're probably confusing him with Gustafsson.

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019
Brome - Lander - Klingberg
Nordstrom - Kruger - De la Rose

A.Larsson - Dahlin
Edvinsson - Folin
Gustafsson - Dahlbeck

Lars Johansson
Magnus Hellberg
Adam Reidenborn

That second line could be lethal. Would be fun to follow. Wallmark has always been a bit underrated in my books. The Canes were stacked when he played there with Necas and Aho being better. In another organization he could've been a top6 for sure.
A. Johnsson has always been good no matter what.

Reactions: Eye of Ra

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Im saying goodbye to Klingberg, Folin and Brome. they did nothing the last 2 games, when it matter the most.

Lindblom (flyers) is playing very good under Yeo.

Holtz is destroying AHL. Could be a exotic option as 13&14 th forward with PP play.

Lindbom - Lander - Asplund
Nordstrom - Kruger - Friberg
Holtz, Eklund

A.Larsson - Dahlin
Tömmernäs - Pudas
Luleå Gustafsson - Dahlbeck
Edvinsson - Lennström

Lars Johansson
Magnus Hellberg
Adam Reidenborn

Husqvarna

Jan 5, 2019
Let that yellow (Sweden) ship already sink ... was forced to think/see if they stink. But no.

Prove me wrong ... Suedi.

Perkele boys are here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad