Team name poll

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Which of these do you like the best?

• Total voters

Arizonatah Coyetis

Formerly Kai Yo T
Nov 27, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ
not that i've decided if i care or not, but here's the problem i'd have with Yeti if i lived in SLC:

...or...

"it was someone else's logo for 20 years, the other major metro area known for mountain snow"

Colorado has a National Lacrosse team named Colorado Mammoth. There goes that idea.

The Avalanche's first mascot was a Yeti named Howler. Arizona ended up using the name Howler for their mascot and now Utah seems to be going with Yeti. Strange that this team has a history of using Colorado's ideas :laugh:

OIP.jpg

I think it's also kind of weird that they have the name Avalanche, a secondary logo of a Yeti foot, and they changed to a dog for their mascot. Seems hodgepodge.

Mosby

Feb 16, 2012
Colorado hasn't used that mascot since 2001 and hasn't used the foot patch since 2015. Yeti is free game.

Will have taken that Yeti 9 years to walk from...oh... Summit County, to the Wasatch Front...a lot longer than the Mormon Pioneers
This was confusing before I learned that there is a Summit County in CO, too.

In any case, the Utah Yeti would more likely have descended from ancestors that crossed the Bering Land Bridge. After all, a Yeti isn't a Sasquatch, according to US News.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
I think they’ve always wanted Yeti and I think it’s the favorite of the people by a large margin, also. It all comes down to whether they can figure out the legal stuff or if they have to pivot. Assuming to mammoth as the fall back, as they’ve gone all-in with the snow theme and powder blue doesn’t really say “outlaws” or “venom” to anyone, while “blizzard” just sucks.

I’m guessing if it can’t be Yeti, it’ll be Mammoth or maybe they just stick with HC?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad