Team name poll

Which of these do you like the best?

• Total voters

Mosby

Clean Hits Hockey
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
cleanhitshockey.com
The fan voting thing has been handled so strangely. I don't think it has been fumbled or something like that, just that it almost seems transparent that "this is the name that fans voted for" seems like a bit of a charade.

It was supposed to be a bracket. Then it came out as a list of 20 names. Then it was supposed to be cut down to 8 but was actually 6. There was never any bracket. There were supposed to be multiple voting windows, but the last closed more than a month ago and there has been nothing since.

I think Smith has liked Yeti since Day 1 and this whole process has just been a way to get some engagement, build up a list of customers, and provide some assurance that the Yeti name is at least acceptable to the fans.

sundance74

Oct 13, 2013
North of Puszta
I think you mean Yugoslavia, not Bulgaria!
actually... from Czech Republic it is: Škoda Yeti

1723441628318.png

Jormungandr

Aug 14, 2002
Ohio
The fan voting thing has been handled so strangely. I don't think it has been fumbled or something like that, just that it almost seems transparent that "this is the name that fans voted for" seems like a bit of a charade.

It was supposed to be a bracket. Then it came out as a list of 20 names. Then it was supposed to be cut down to 8 but was actually 6. There was never any bracket. There were supposed to be multiple voting windows, but the last closed more than a month ago and there has been nothing since.

I think Smith has liked Yeti since Day 1 and this whole process has just been a way to get some engagement, build up a list of customers, and provide some assurance that the Yeti name is at least acceptable to the fans.
I’ve been thinking this for awhile as well. But I think Smith really wants Utah HC. I have yet to see anywhere where Utah HC or Utah Hockey Club places high on any of these voting lists. The majority of fans don’t want it, but it keeps appearing on his lists.

And I thought I remember him saying it was whittled down to 4 names.(Yeti, Outlaws, Mammoth, and Blizzard I think) Then the list was released with 6 names. Which included Utah HC.

Brodie

HACK THE BONE! HACK THE BONE!
Mar 19, 2009
Chicago

I think Yeti lost the name poll like it did here

Dale Gribble

Feb 9, 2019
Does the Smith Group remember that they have a team to name ?

I guess it's a good thing that the focus will be on what the team does on the ice, but I'm surprised as to how quiet it's been on the team name front.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
Does the Smith Group remember that they have a team to name ?

I guess it's a good thing that the focus will be on what the team does on the ice, but I'm surprised as to how quiet it's been on the team name front.
They've committed to UHC for this season. I think we won't hear an announcement til after the season.

I've lost track of the fan voting - not sure if more voting is expected. I guess if there is another round we can see which names have been eliminated. But we're not going to see the results.

TheLegend

Hardly Deactivated
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
They've committed to UHC for this season. I think we won't hear an announcement til after the season.

I've lost track of the fan voting - not sure if more voting is expected. I guess if there is another round we can see which names have been eliminated. But we're not going to see the results.

They have their name....

But to announce a name now would kill merch sales. The current UHC merch will become unique after this year and have significant resale value to collectors. They aren't going to do anything to hurt that.

MIGs Dog

Jan 3, 2012
They have their name....

But to announce a name now would kill merch sales. The current UHC merch will become unique after this year and have significant resale value to collectors. They aren't going to do anything to hurt that.
Oh yeah. Big merch sales for new team...then announce name driving more big merch sales...genius!

Reactions: Neill99

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad