Team name poll

Which of these do you like the best?

• Total voters

paulmm3

Mar 29, 2014
I voted for Outlaws and Mountaineers only in this round. A lot of the "Swarm", "Sting", "Fury" type names make us sound like a WNBA team and are just out of place in the NHL imo. Yeti similarly just feels weird and out of place in this league. I just want a normal name that doesn't stick out horribly for being weird on the list of NHL team names.

Reactions: Summer Rose

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
IMG_0881.jpeg

IMG_0880.jpeg
IMG_0879.jpeg

^ those are not good. Just concepts.

IMG_0722.jpeg

IMG_0720.jpeg

^ also bad. But a concept where there’s no cowboy and no cowboy hat.

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida

rt

May 13, 2004
I am down with this...

View attachment 867871

Reminds me of the outlaws in one of my favorite movies...

View attachment 867872
I thought the same thing.

In season according to this...

View attachment 867903

This sucks.

They can always change their minds and I really hope they do.
Same.

Jormungandr

Aug 14, 2002
Ohio
I still want to know how playing in Mullett is embarrassing for the league, and makes the players feel like they’re “not in the NHL”
But somehow playing in Delta, with the folded up high school gymnasium bleachers, with a non branded generic team is not embarrassing.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
I still want to know how playing in Mullett is embarrassing for the league, and makes the players feel like they’re “not in the NHL”
But somehow playing in Delta, with the folded up high school gymnasium bleachers, with a non branded generic team is not embarrassing.

Well, OBVIOUSLY it's the fact that there's an upper deck... :sarcasm:

rt

May 13, 2004
I promise the NHL doesn’t care about semi-pro minor league teams, bowling teams, community college teams, or catfish noodling teams, your grandmas bridge team, or bull riding teams.

I’ve seen people earnestly suggest that a pickleball team could be a real obstacle here. I promise nobody cares.

If it’s one of the 20 on the initial official poll, it’s fine. They’re not worried about it. Which is probably why +15 of the names are terrible.

rt

May 13, 2004
I actually really like those colors. I wouldn't mind at all if they just slapped whatever logo they decide on onto that jersey and called it a day.
I agree. But Smith said he wants Jazz purple in there. Ironic since the Jazz don’t wear purple. But I think overall the white, ice blue, and black is great.

Shepard

Apr 13, 2012
I agree. But Smith said he wants Jazz purple in there. Ironic since the Jazz don’t wear purple. But I think overall the white, ice blue, and black is great.

Yeah, that was the most disappointing part of seeing that mock up - knowing they can't be the final design/colors since there's no purple.

rt

May 13, 2004
Yeah, that was the most disappointing part of seeing that mock up - knowing they can't be the final design/colors since there's no purple.
One change I’d make is black to dark grey. Like sky blue, ice white, and mountain grey. And just stick with three colors only. And id be just fine if they were called “Yeti” but there was no image of a Yeti at all. Just the Word Yeti and the logo is just mountains only.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad