WC: Team Canada 2024

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
How is Bedard not on PP1
He was.

So we’re all hiding the sharp objects now? We’re going to bring in an American coach? Never change, fair weather Canada fans.

The Brits played a clog-it-up game in front of a Canada team that is still sorting itself out. Canada was a bit joyless, but did enough to win, and not much more. If you’re judging anything from this game you haven’t been paying attention for, oh, say 40 years.
Who are you talking about?

Reactions: NyQuil

thegazelle

Nov 11, 2019
Tavares may be brought in for his face off skills, but before he is wholesale dismissed entirely as a contributor, I think that outside of the Maple Leafs lineup and where he is slotted / pegged, he may have more opportunities here on the international ice to show some flashes of the guy that I once saw on the Oshawa Generals. I know that was ages ago and he is no doubt slower now, but I wouldn't necessarily dismiss him outright insofar as having no contribution. I think even at worse, his veteran presence allows him to be a bit of a mentor for younger guys like Bedard, and despite him being named captain, he may functionally be more of a supporting player, which should be his role at this juncture in his career.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
Tavares may be brought in for his face off skills, but before he is wholesale dismissed entirely as a contributor, I think that outside of the Maple Leafs lineup and where he is slotted / pegged, he may have more opportunities here on the international ice to show some flashes of the guy that I once saw on the Oshawa Generals. I know that was ages ago and he is no doubt slower now, but I wouldn't necessarily dismiss him outright insofar as having no contribution. I think even at worse, his veteran presence allows him to be a bit of a mentor for younger guys like Bedard, and despite him being named captain, he may functionally be more of a supporting player, which should be his role at this juncture in his career.
No doubt, indeed. :)

I'll give Hockey Canada the benefit of the doubt on this, but I still don't understand his inclusion - minus faceoffs.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
JT looked so slow against Boston. I just don't know.

They keep adding veterans and removing kids. I am not happy about it.

Incredibly disappointing. Canada looked like such a fun team to watch. Now they are older, slower and less skilled. I'll still cheer for them to win and all that but it takes alot of the fun out of it.

Reactions: ORRFForever

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
Incredibly disappointing. Canada looked like such a fun team to watch. Now they are older, slower and less skilled. I'll still cheer for them to win and all that but it takes alot of the fun out of it.
I feel the same way.

Of all the tournaments, this one ranks dead last in my books so, for me (and it sounds like you), it would have been FUN to see a SUPER YOUNG team skating on the bigger ice and, if we lost, we lost - I wouldn't care because we gave the kids a chance to shine.

Now... meh.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
I feel the same way.

Of all the tournaments, this one ranks dead last in my books so, for me (and it sounds like you), it would have been FUN to see a SUPER YOUNG team skating on the bigger ice and, if we lost, we lost - I wouldn't care because we gave the kids a chance to shine.

Now... meh.
I am definitely watching the games if they don't conflict with the NHL and due to the location I don't believe that they will.

Reactions: ORRFForever

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
Once you get past Colorado's first line (MacKinnon) and Makar / Toews, there isn't a lot of depth - I never thought I'd say these words about a Cup contender but "they really miss Drouin".

Dallas depth >> Colorado's depth

Maybe we get MacKinnon and Makar to pop over?

Last edited:

oooooooooohCanada

Jan 14, 2017
That would be me !

should be upset about the actual bad players on the team then not freaking John Tavares, a Canadian international hockey legend lol. He's not even that slow.. at least compared to his prime hes pretty much the same as hes always been. Thats never been his game.

• Haha
Reactions: NyQuil

therealdeal

Apr 22, 2005
The boys look very disorganized and a little sleepy still. I think they will get better as they go, and hopefully they do, because they didn’t look as dominate as they should be against either team so far.

Just so long as we keep winning, and being better than the opponent.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
The boys look very disorganized and a little sleepy still. I think they will get better as they go, and hopefully they do, because they didn’t look as dominate as they should be against either team so far.

Just so long as we keep winning, and being better than the opponent.
It's such a long tournament. It's hard to get up for the early games.

Reactions: therealdeal

MeHateHe

Dec 24, 2006
Are we still bickering about Fantilli and Celebrini? The one hasn’t played a game since January and the other is draft eligible. One guy needs to fully rehab a calf injury and the other should finish high school. Okay I’m kidding about the last bit, but he would have been the 13th forward anyway, and surely he’s got a lot of pre-draft stuff going on.

Meanwhile, the guys who are there are there. Dubois scored a beauty today, and Bedard is getting into a good rhythm with his linemates. Kid might score 15 before the tournament is over.

Reactions: NyQuil and jj cale

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad