• Andrew Basha, F, Medicine Hat (WHL)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Harrison Brunicke, D, Kamloops (WHL)

• Alfons Freij, D, Vaxjo (SWE)

• Matvei Gridin, F, Michigan (NCAA)

• Cole Hutson, D, Boston University (NCAA)

• Dean Letourneau, C, Boston College (NCAA)

• Maxim Massé, RW, Chicoutimi (QMJHL)

• Henry Mews, D, Ottawa (OHL)

• Luke Misa, C, Missasauga (OHL)

• Ryder Ritchie, F, Prince Albert (WHL)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
A series of 1 day polls for the forthcoming draft. Picks will be decided by vote.*

*not polling for #1 since we know who it will be and Sharks fans get to vote on their other 1st

Please Only Vote if you are a Jerk.

Links to the individual threads on the player names.

Mother Thread on Prospect Board

1. :sharks Macklin Celebrini, c, Boston University (NCAA)

2. :hawks
Ivan Demidov, RW/C, SKA (KHL)

3. :ducksArtyom Levshunov, D, Michigan State (NCAA)

4. :cbjCayden Lindstrom, C, Medicine Hat (WHL)

5. :habsTij Iginla, F, Kelowna (WHL)

1715536931391.png

Zeev Buium, D, Denver (NCAA)

7. :sens
Anton Silayev, D, Torpedo Nizhny Novogorod (KHL)

8. :seattle Sam Dickinson, D, London (OHL)

9.:flames
Berkly Catton, F, Spokane (WHL)

10. :devilsMichael Brandsegg-Nygard, F, Mora IK (SWE)

11. :sabresKonsta Helenius, C/RW Jukurit (Liiga)

12. :flyersZanye Parekh, D, Saginaw (OHL)

13. :wildCarter Yakemchuk, D, Calgary (WHL)

14. :sharksBeckett Sennecke, RW, Oshawa (OHL)

15. :wingsCole Eiserman, LW, Boston University (NCAA)

16. :bluesMichael Hage, C, Michigan (NCAA)

17. :capsStian Solberg, D, Farjestad (SHL)

18. :hawksAdam Jiricek, D, HC Plzen (Cze)

19.:vegasAron Kiviharju, D, HIFK (Liiga)

20. :islesTrevor Connelly, LW, Providence (NCAA)

21. :kingsEJ Emery, D, North Dakota (NCAA)

22. :nashvilleJett Luchanko, C, Guelph (OHL)

23. :leafsCharlie Elick, D, Brandon (WHL)

24. :avsLiam Greentree, RW, Windsor (OHL)

25. :sensCole Beaudoin, C, Barrie (OHL)

26. :habs Sacha Boisvert, C, North Dakota (NCAA)

27. :canes ????

Reactions: Bridgeburner96

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
Between artamonov, cherynshov and surin, great values here, I would take artamonov. But i wouldn’t complain about any

Although i bet they trade down and try to get more of this fringy 1st talent like eriksson.
I like the description of Chernyshov from scouts, but Artomonov performed much better in the KHL this year.

Chan790

Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Bingy town, NY
Voted Surin.

Wouldn't be surprised if they trade down.
I hope we stop doing that, frankly. We have one of the deepest farm systems in the NHL, have prospects withering on the vine, just made a huge futures-based trade, and still have one of the deepest systems.

What we lack is top-of-system prospects and, for the foreseeable future, will be drafting in the range where blue-chips are rare and a matter of luck. It's time to start looking at moves in the other direction, if we're not staying where our 1sts fall.

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
I hope we stop doing that, frankly. We have one of the deepest farm systems in the NHL, have prospects withering on the vine, just made a huge futures-based trade, and still have one of the deepest systems.

What we lack is top-of-system prospects and, for the foreseeable future, will be drafting in the range where blue-chips are rare and a matter of luck. It's time to start looking at moves in the other direction, if we're not staying where our 1sts fall.

If we were trading down from #12 or whatever, sure.

But I think the theory is that the material difference in likelihood of getting the top-of-system guy at 27 vs. 40 is so negligible that it’s worth the extra pick at 70.

(Reminder that our consensus #1 prospect and top 10 prospect in the entire NHL was a 3rd rounder.)

Buenos Necas

lets go canes
Jul 18, 2009
Raleigh, NC
If we were trading down from #12 or whatever, sure.

But I think the theory is that the material difference in likelihood of getting the top-of-system guy at 27 vs. 40 is so negligible that it’s worth the extra pick at 70.

(Reminder that our consensus #1 prospect and top 10 prospect in the entire NHL was a 3rd rounder.)
Agreed, and that reminds me of an article someone wrote a while back analyzing the value drop-off by the time you hit the end of the 1st round. Wonder whatever happened to that guy

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
I kinda suspect a trade down as well if the pick isn't included in some other deal. A lot of the Russian guys might make sense but it feels like we more target them in later rounds as they really tumble and are great value.

Went with Stiga as I remember reading some things about him that made me like him as a pick for us, though the specifics escape me. Got Nadeau correct last year.

NotOpie

"Puck don't lie"
Jun 12, 2006
North Carolina
Pick the Finn for the win....I like Julius Miettinen. Big WHLer, plays C ()albeit leftie) and showed incredible improvement, especially his skating over the. course of the season.

In his first season on North American ice he put up 67 points in 66 games (31 goals). McKeens has him listed at #29, so he could fall to the 2nd round. But he's got size and skating and a scoring touch. Plus, Finland.

Also from McKeens:

"He plays a very heavy game down low and shows an advanced understanding of how to be productive around the enemy net. Without the puck in those areas, he’s good at getting inside positioning, getting his stick free for tips and being the first to pounce on rebounds, and with the puck he’s a bull at pulling it off the wall to either drive it to the crease himself or find an open teammate for a pass."

Comment on how much his skating improved over the course of the season:

"But give full marks to the Everett staff, who helped him work on his feet and his conditioning, while also instilling in him the importance of being able to play fast. Somewhere along the way it all clicked, and now Miettinen’s speed and mobility and legitimate assets for him, with explosive acceleration and the balance and edge work to navigate himself through traffic. He even finished first in the 30M Forward Skate testing prior to the 2024 Kubota CHL/NHL Top Prospects Game, which is pretty incredible considering all the great skaters who were also tested."

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario
Pick the Finn for the win....I like Julius Miettinen. Big WHLer, plays C ()albeit leftie) and showed incredible improvement, especially his skating over the. course of the season.

In his first season on North American ice he put up 67 points in 66 games (31 goals). McKeens has him listed at #29, so he could fall to the 2nd round. But he's got size and skating and a scoring touch. Plus, Finland.

Also from McKeens:

"He plays a very heavy game down low and shows an advanced understanding of how to be productive around the enemy net. Without the puck in those areas, he’s good at getting inside positioning, getting his stick free for tips and being the first to pounce on rebounds, and with the puck he’s a bull at pulling it off the wall to either drive it to the crease himself or find an open teammate for a pass."

Comment on how much his skating improved over the course of the season:

"But give full marks to the Everett staff, who helped him work on his feet and his conditioning, while also instilling in him the importance of being able to play fast. Somewhere along the way it all clicked, and now Miettinen’s speed and mobility and legitimate assets for him, with explosive acceleration and the balance and edge work to navigate himself through traffic. He even finished first in the 30M Forward Skate testing prior to the 2024 Kubota CHL/NHL Top Prospects Game, which is pretty incredible considering all the great skaters who were also tested."

Perfect! We can trade down and grab him in the second then be declared winners of the draft for selecting more guys lower than they were projected to go.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad