Team Board Mock Draft

Who will the Sharks pick?

• Andrew Basha, F, Medicine Hat (WHL)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Trevor Connelly, LW, Providence (NCAA)

• Alfons Freij, D, Vaxjo (SWE)

• Michael Hage, C, Michigan (NCAA)

• Cole Hutson, D, Boston University (NCAA)

• Aron Kiviharju, D, HIFK (Liiga)

• Henry Mews, D, Ottawa (OHL)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jMoneyBrah

Jan 10, 2013
South Bay
Eiserman vs Senneck. An interesting standoff. Eiserman is a shoot 1st ask later kinda guy and Sennecke is a more cerebral think 1st guy. Both are projected to be 3rd line players. Of course, projections are not set in stone, It just people opinions on how they are going to end up career playing in the NHL and it can change. We had a shoot 1st shoot kinda of guy in Jonathon Cheechoo, remember him? lasted for 1 year and people figured out his 1 dimensional game and he was shipped out for Dany Heatley.
Should you spend a #14 OA on a 3rd line player?

This is a shockingly inaccurate estimation of Cheechoo, his time with the Sharks, and his departure.

TealManV

A man has said
Oct 12, 2011
California
Sharks get the top 2 ranked players from a year ago (before the galaxy braining started).

Keep Mack happy with his BFF and hope he brings out the best in him. Dropping to 14 should also put a major chip on Cole’s shoulder.

Dicdonya

Jul 21, 2011
Eiserman vs Senneck. An interesting standoff. Eiserman is a shoot 1st ask later kinda guy and Sennecke is a more cerebral think 1st guy. Both are projected to be 3rd line players. Of course, projections are not set in stone, It just people opinions on how they are going to end up career playing in the NHL and it can change. We had a shoot 1st shoot kinda of guy in Jonathon Cheechoo, remember him? lasted for 1 year and people figured out his 1 dimensional game and he was shipped out for Dany Heatley.
Should you spend a #14 OA on a 3rd line player?

I was not a hockey fan during cheechoo's best season, but if I remember correctly he fell off because of injury not being "figured out".

Plenty of guys are shoot first players in this league and do just fine, I'm not even sure you can actually "figure out" a shoot first player because they will find open space and a great shot is a great shot, it will beat a goalie even if they know a shot is coming. The issue is whether they can do anything besides shoot the puck, and that is the concern with Eiserman.

Im not going to be upset if we go with someone other than Eiserman with the pick, I just personally think this team has not had a true sniper since Heatley, and even he was in his twilight years by the time we got him, so would like to get one. I also think its possible Eiserman improves in some of his weak areas, and if he were to do that, and therefore provide more than just being a shot turret, he would be more than a third liner and thus a pretty good pick/steal in the mid first round.

Reactions: Patty Ice

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
I was not a hockey fan during cheechoo's best season, but if I remember correctly he fell off because of injury not being "figured out".

Plenty of guys are shoot first players in this league and do just fine, I'm not even sure you can actually "figure out" a shoot first player because they will find open space and a great shot is a great shot, it will beat a goalie even if they know a shot is coming. The issue is whether they can do anything besides shoot the puck, and that is the concern with Eiserman.

Im not going to be upset if we go with someone other than Eiserman with the pick, I just personally think this team has not had a true sniper since Heatley, and even he was in his twilight years by the time we got him, so would like to get one. I also think its possible Eiserman improves in some of his weak areas, and if he were to do that, and therefore provide more than just being a shot turret, he would be more than a third liner and thus a pretty good pick/steal in the mid first round.
My counter is this: did Dany Heatley ever actually do anything good for the Sharks? When I think of Dany Heatley as a Shark, I think of a guy who never fit well with any of his teammates, didn’t play a lick of defense, was a black hole at 5v5 for the most part, and didn’t do anything in the playoffs.

YUPPY 2 7 10 11

Oct 5, 2020

You are correct. My memory is of Cheechoo is fading fast. He did have a serious injury. However, my point is do you spend your precious 1st round #14 on a 3rd line guy or should you go for a defensive stud? You can find a 3rd liner though trade or sign UFA.
D men are a plenty in this draft. The Sharks can take (D) Eric Emery #33 and (D) Cole Hudson can be taken with the #42pick. Also, no one is talking about this offensive juganuaght j/k Teddy Stiga, at 5.10'. He can also be taken in the later rounds, a diamond in the rough.

Projected 26-27 Sharks line up
Musty Celebrini Smith
Eklund Bysted Halttunen
Eiserman Bordeleau Edstrom
Kraf- Whoever-whoever

D line up
Thrun-Pohlkamp
Muk-Cagoni
J. Thompson-Cole Hudson--Emery

Goalie
Irbe and Nabokov

Last edited:

spintops

Sep 13, 2013
You are correct. My memory is of Cheechoo is fading fast. He did have a serious injury. However, my point is do you spend your precious 1st round #14 on a 3rd line guy or should you go for a defensive stud? You can find a 3rd liner though trade or sign UFA.
D men are a plenty in this draft. The Sharks can take (D) Eric Emery #33 and (D) Cole Hudson can be taken with the #42pick. Also, no one is talking about this offensive juganuaght j/k Teddy Stiga, at 5.10'. He can also be taken in the later rounds, a diamond in the rough.

Projected 26-27 Sharks line up
Musty Celebrini Smith
Eklund Bysted Halttunen
Eiserman Bordeleau Edstrom
Kraf- Whoever-whoever

D line up
Thrun-Pohlkamp
Muk-Cagoni
J. Thompson-Cole Hudson--Emery

Goalie
Irbe and Nabokov

I hope we are a lot better then by 26-27 because that lineup probably finishes last in the league again.

Reactions: themelkman

themelkman

Always Delivers
Apr 26, 2015
Calgary, Alberta
Dont love these options so ill high roll on Eiserman.

Sennecke as the super late riser scares me a bit, and Jiricek's injury is very risky, but at this point all three options are chancing it.

Last edited:

bigsjfan

Jul 25, 2010
St John's, NL
Personally I would lean towards a riser then a faller in the draft as a riser shows better then expected growth vs a faller who hasn't progressed as expected during his draft year. Of course circumstances always plays a bit in it.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I went with Eiserman on the off chance that his chemistry with Celebrini is legitmate and/or it would benefit Celebrini's development to have a familiar player with the organization.

jMoneyBrah

Jan 10, 2013
South Bay
Dont love these options so ill high roll on Eiserman.

Sennecke as the super late riser scares me a bit, and Jiricek's injury is very risky, but at this point all three options are chancing it.

I actually voted for Sennecke changed my vote to Eiserman, but would be equally fine with Sennecke. For all the knock on Eiserman it seems like the desire to improve and effort are there; and a guy with top line goal scorer upside is not something the Sharks have had a lot of.

But if Eisemann is gone by 14, and this is otherwise what the board looks like come pick 14, I would hope to move back a 4-5 picks and add some high second day picks.

Last edited:
Reactions: themelkman

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
My counter is this: did Dany Heatley ever actually do anything good for the Sharks? When I think of Dany Heatley as a Shark, I think of a guy who never fit well with any of his teammates, didn’t play a lick of defense, was a black hole at 5v5 for the most part, and didn’t do anything in the playoffs.

He had 65 goals in his 2 seasons with the Sharks. That feels weird because if you'd asked me I would've guessed he had maybe 30-something. I do not remember him notching nearly 40 goals in his first season at all. All I remember was that he was a 1 zone player who always seemed like a threat to turn the puck over if he had it on his stick for more than 10 seconds.

Grinner

May 31, 2022
I'd suggest a new two player ballot to settle it.
I can't help but notice a lot of names I didn't recognize.
Just a reminder that the vote is supposed to be limited to fans of the team.

Last edited:

coooldude

Jul 25, 2007
I'd suggest a new two player ballot to settle it.
Three: including Solberg

He had 65 goals in his 2 seasons with the Sharks. That feels weird because if you'd asked me I would've guessed he had maybe 30-something. I do not remember him notching nearly 40 goals in his first season at all. All I remember was that he was a 1 zone player who always seemed like a threat to turn the puck over if he had it on his stick for more than 10 seconds.
There was a 2? 4? month period where Marleau/Thornton/Heatley was the best line in hockey. Other than that, Heatley was an arrogant one dimensional player. Which is what I'm worried Eiserman is, except at least Heatley was 6'4" and sometimes used his body that way.

Patty Ice

Feb 27, 2002
Not California
Three: including Solberg

There was a 2? 4? month period where Marleau/Thornton/Heatley was the best line in hockey. Other than that, Heatley was an arrogant one dimensional player. Which is what I'm worried Eiserman is, except at least Heatley was 6'4" and sometimes used his body that way.

Solberg would not receive anymore votes than Jiricek has if he was listed. Including him in a tiebreaker is unnecessary. He wouldn't have a chance.

coooldude

Jul 25, 2007
Solberg would not receive anymore votes than Jiricek has if he was listed. Including him in a tiebreaker is unnecessary. He wouldn't have a chance.
We'll see what happens on draft day - I think he's probably higher than Jiricek on many pro boards at this point.

Reactions: timorous me

Patty Ice

Feb 27, 2002
Not California
We'll see what happens on draft day - I think he's probably higher than Jiricek on many pro boards at this point.

That may be true and I'm not knocking him as a prospect. He's a top 15-20 guy (ie not a reach) if you ask me but it's clear what this board is looking for. I don't think Solberg is going to sway that and would only dilute the vote as Grinner said.

Reactions: Sandisfan

hotcabbagesoup

why u guys want Celebrini, he played like a weenie
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
I'd add Solberg.

I have it on good account that myself, my mom, my gramma, and my wife would vote for him, in addition to the many others here who want him so I dont think he would dilute.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad