Team Board Mock Draft

Who will the Sharks pick?

• Andrew Basha, F, Medicine Hat (WHL)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Trevor Connelly, LW, Providence (NCAA)

• Alfons Freij, D, Vaxjo (SWE)

• Michael Hage, C, Michigan (NCAA)

• Cole Hutson, D, Boston University (NCAA)

• Aron Kiviharju, D, HIFK (Liiga)

• Henry Mews, D, Ottawa (OHL)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

hockfan1991

Jun 29, 2010
Cheech was never a good skater, then double hernia his career was over once we traded him to Ottawa, he was toasted by 27. But he had a 4 year stretch with 144 goals. which was only bested in the same time by Pavelski 145, and Marleau 149 as the best 4 year stretches in Sharks history. I get your point but he wasn't a flash in the pan and he did this all with bordline nhl skating to begin with

Reactions: Sandisfan

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
He had 65 goals in his 2 seasons with the Sharks. That feels weird because if you'd asked me I would've guessed he had maybe 30-something. I do not remember him notching nearly 40 goals in his first season at all. All I remember was that he was a 1 zone player who always seemed like a threat to turn the puck over if he had it on his stick for more than 10 seconds.
That’s exactly how I feel. He was definitely the third wheel/garbage guy on the Thornton/Marleau line.

Doug Wilson: “I’m acquiring Heatley to put a 40 goal guy on Joe Thornton’s wing.”
Patrick Marleau: “…And I took that personally.”

• Haha
Reactions: Sandisfan and DG93

Dicdonya

Jul 21, 2011
My counter is this: did Dany Heatley ever actually do anything good for the Sharks? When I think of Dany Heatley as a Shark, I think of a guy who never fit well with any of his teammates, didn’t play a lick of defense, was a black hole at 5v5 for the most part, and didn’t do anything in the playoffs.

I mean...wasnt the Thornton Heatley Marleau line like one of the highest scoring lines in the league the first year we had him? (checked and yeah they were, only Ovi/Backstrom/Semin had three players higher in the points standings than those three)

That was with a like 30yo Heatley, not a prime one. So like he did something, but it didn’t last.

Also in my post I even admit that if Eiserman really cannot bring anything besides his shot, than yeah he would not be a great pick. However the kid is still very young, has a shot unlike many, and if he can indeed improve to even mildly good at other facets of the game could wind up being the stud people originally ranked him to be before his plummet in the rankings.

Also again I will just reiterate, I really won’t be upset if we dont pick him there, and go with someone like Senneke or whomever, I just personally like the idea of having a proper trigger man on the roster, and would be willing to take a gamble on him developing other aspects of his game.

Grinner

May 31, 2022
I mean...wasnt the Thornton Heatley Marleau line like one of the highest scoring lines in the league the first year we had him? (checked and yeah they were, only Ovi/Backstrom/Semin had three players higher in the points standings than those three)

That was with a like 30yo Heatley, not a prime one. So like he did something, but it didn’t last.

Also in my post I even admit that if Eiserman really cannot bring anything besides his shot, than yeah he would not be a great pick. However the kid is still very young, has a shot unlike many, and if he can indeed improve to even mildly good at other facets of the game could wind up being the stud people originally ranked him to be before his plummet in the rankings.

Also again I will just reiterate, I really won’t be upset if we dont pick him there, and go with someone like Senneke or whomever, I just personally like the idea of having a proper trigger man on the roster, and would be willing to take a gamble on him developing other aspects of his game.
You don't ser Halttunen filling that roll?
Not that having one ( fingers crossed) is enough

Dicdonya

Jul 21, 2011
You don't ser Halttunen filling that roll?
Not that having one ( fingers crossed) is enough

I honestly don’t know enough about Halttunen to answer that question with any confidence.

However just looking at their stats, I think it’s at least safe to say that Eiserman is clearly less diverse in his point production, while also doing so at a significantly higher per game pace.

So hopefully if we don’t wind up getting Eiserman, Halttunen can be that guy for us because I do want a true sniper on the team in some capacity.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
I honestly don’t know enough about Halttunen to answer that question with any confidence.

However just looking at their stats, I think it’s at least safe to say that Eiserman is clearly less diverse in his point production, while also doing so at a significantly higher per game pace.

So hopefully if we don’t wind up getting Eiserman, Halttunen can be that guy for us because I do want a true sniper on the team in some capacity.
Eiserman does it for Celebrini, Halttunen for Smith. Everybody wins.

Juxtaposer

Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area

Yeah, because of Thornton and Marleau. Heatley really didn’t add much. There’s a reason he was demoted and traded after two years here.

This is just a silly internet poll and it’s not like it matters at all… but y’all are seriously killing me here. :laugh: You’re going to see one shift of Eiserman at rookie camp and immediately understand why so many of us feel like he’s a flat out bust.

Reactions: coooldude and Xirik

timorous me

Gristled Veteran
Apr 14, 2010
Yeah, because of Thornton and Marleau. Heatley really didn’t add much. There’s a reason he was demoted and traded after two years here.

This is just a silly internet poll and it’s not like it matters at all… but y’all are seriously killing me here. :laugh: You’re going to see one shift of Eiserman at rookie camp and immediately understand why so many of us feel like he’s a flat out bust.
The Heatley trade was when the thought "starf***er" first came into my head in terms of Doug Wilson.

It was like, yeah, you're trading for a talented player, but not at all what this team needs to do better in the playoffs.

Reactions: Juxtaposer

Dicdonya

Jul 21, 2011

lol that may be totally true, I definitely don’t know prospects as well as you do, so hopefully those who do it for a living will make a better choice than I would haha.

At the end of the day I just want us to get another good prospect with that pick, so as long as we do that I’ll be happy.

Juxtaposer

Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
lol that may be totally true, I definitely don’t know prospects as well as you do, so hopefully those who do it for a living will make a better choice than I would haha.

At the end of the day I just want us to get another good prospect with that pick, so as long as we do that I’ll be happy.
To be fair I’m definitely being a little hyperbolic… but I’d be pretty upset if we ended up with Eiserman at 14. Just my opinion.

fasterthanlight

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 30, 2009
Seattle, WA
I am too uniformed to make a reasoned call between eiserman, jiricek, and sennecke, so I'll abstain. I'd probably take anyone already drafted over them; this is the worst case scenario in terms of availability at 14

themelkman

Always Delivers
Apr 26, 2015
Calgary, Alberta
Eiserman has votes from
1. Blues fan
2. Pens fan
3. Guy who only posts on the main boards

Sennecke has votes from
1. Canuck fan
2. a 0 post lurker.

Depending on how Sharks fans feel the about "outsiders" the two player race is actually a bit closer.
1716693342165.png

Mack is making his voice heard.

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
My counter is this: did Dany Heatley ever actually do anything good for the Sharks? When I think of Dany Heatley as a Shark, I think of a guy who never fit well with any of his teammates, didn’t play a lick of defense, was a black hole at 5v5 for the most part, and didn’t do anything in the playoffs.
He did score a goal 28 seconds into the 2011 series against LA, and that basically the one fond memory I have from his SJS tenure

Well, I WAS actually really excited when we traded him away, but that gifted us the Havlat saga, a real monkey's paw moment for me

As for the thread topic, lol, idk, I don't know enough about any of these f***ing kids, just pick the best one Mike, is it that hard?

Juxtaposer

Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
He did score a goal 28 seconds into the 2011 series against LA, and that basically the one fond memory I have from his SJS tenure

Well, I WAS actually really excited when we traded him away, but that gifted us the Havlat saga, a real monkey's paw moment for me

As for the thread topic, lol, idk, I don't know enough about any of these f***ing kids, just pick the best one Mike, is it that hard?
Funnily enough, that’s the exact same thing I thought of when I wracked my brains for a positive Heatley memory. I remember thinking “maybe he’ll score some goals this postseason”.

Shame on all 27 of you. :laugh:

Reactions: weastern bias

Jargon

Apr 12, 2011
Venice, California
Man, I voted Jiricek for need but I was just doing a deep dive into Sennecke and he looks really good. My one fear is that Sennecke, Smith, Eklund and even Musty are all playmakers. I’m worried that everyone is just going to be playing hot potato with one another.

How do you break those lines down? Eklund - Celebrini - Sennecke / Musty - Smith - Zetterlund/Halttunen (or someone?)

I’m not sure. I also wonder if playing with his bff and noted leader Celebrini would help Eiserman change his game too.

That said, I’m still going to change my vote to Sennecke because I worry that Eiserman has too much of a chance to flop while Sennecke has so many tools, he has good 3rd liner at worst/top line winger at best potential and that’s great for 14.

Oh damn I can’t change my vote, oh well. Let’s hope Celebrini can change Eiserman into a better player!

Reactions: sharks_dynasty

bleuetbio

Registered luser
Nov 13, 2008
Montreal
Habs / Avs fan coming in peace. If Sharks miss the 6 dmen, are you willing to trade the 14th pick for Logan Mailloux?

Something around Mailloux + 26ov vs 14th ov + 33ov

Grinner

May 31, 2022
Habs / Avs fan coming in peace. If Sharks miss the 6 dmen, are you willing to trade the 14th pick for Logan Mailloux?

Something around Mailloux + 26ov vs 14th ov + 33ov
I'd rather see the Sharks address thier deficiency at RW with the 14th pick than just settle for whatever D might be left.
14 is right in the sweet spot do do just that.
I'd say no even if you took out the 33rd

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad