• Poll closed .

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
A series of polls for the forthcoming draft. Picks will be decided by vote.*

Results Thread

PLEASE ONLY VOTE IF YOU ARE A FAN OF THE TEAM PICKING!

1 day poll

*not polling for #1 since we know who it will be and Hawks fans get to vote on their other 1st

1. :hawks Connor Bedard, C, Regina Pats (WHL)

2.:ducks
Adam Fantilli, C, Michigan

3.:cbjLeo Carlsson, C/W, Örebro HK

4,:sharksMatvei Michkov, RW, HK Sochi

5. :habsWill Smith, C, USNTP

6. :coyotesRyan Leonard, C, USNTP

7. :flyers Zach Benson, F, Winnipeg Ice

8.:caps Dalibor Dvorský, C/RW, AIK

9.:wings
David Reinbacher, D, Kloten

10. :blues Oliver Moore, C, USNTP

Last edited:

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
It’d be between Wood, Perreault, Sale and Barlow for me. 3 home run swings and 1 guy that’s more safe but a bit less upside.

More and more, Wood reminds me of Jason Robertson. Has excelled way ahead of the curve wherever he’s gone, but is discounted because of his skating. He led the BCHL in scoring last year as a 16 year old. He was a pt/game player in the NCAA this season as a true 17 year old. In the history of the NCAA, there’s only one other player that’s done that - Jonathan Toews. He’s my vote.

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis
Willander. he is best player available at this point and has added benefi of filling organizational need.

Are you sure about that? I know I'm not really well versed in prospect stuff but on eliteprospects they have this listed and doesn't seem very close to a top 10 talent.

Ranked #30 by CONSOLIDATED RANKING
Ranked #32 by ELITEPROSPECTS.COM
Ranked #61 by FCHOCKEY
Ranked #29 by DAILY FACEOFF
Ranked #46 by TSN/BOB McKENZIE
Ranked #8 by TSN/CRAIG BUTTON
Ranked #12 by NHL CENTRAL SCOUTING (EU Skaters)
Ranked #18 by SPORTSNET
Ranked #51 by RECRUIT SCOUTING
Ranked #39 by DOBBERPROSPECTS
Ranked #39 by DRAFT PROSPECTS HOCKEY
Ranked #54 by SMAHT SCOUTING

Reactions: Spicy Panger

WayneGretzky

Jul 25, 2016
No Wood or Yager, but there’s 6-7 guys who have a high chance of not being 1st round picks, this train is coming off the tracks, Yager should’ve been an option for the last one too.

Reactions: Hasbro

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003
A series of polls for the forthcoming draft. Picks will be decided by vote.*

Results Thread

PLEASE ONLY VOTE IF YOU ARE A FAN OF THE TEAM PICKING!

1 day poll

*not polling for #1 since we know who it will be and Hawks fans get to vote on their other 1st

1. :hawks Connor Bedard, C, Regina Pats (WHL)

2.:ducks
Adam Fantilli, C, Michigan

3.:cbjLeo Carlsson, C/W, Örebro HK

4,:sharksMatvei Michkov, RW, HK Sochi

5. :habsWill Smith, C, USNTP

6. :coyotesRyan Leonard, C, USNTP

7. :flyers Zach Benson, F, Winnipeg Ice

8.:caps Dalibor Dvorský, C/RW, AIK

9.:wings
David Reinbacher, D, Kloten

10. :blues ????????

You need to add Wood as an option.

Reactions: Hasbro

Bluesnatic27

Aug 5, 2011
Are you sure about that? I know I'm not really well versed in prospect stuff but on eliteprospects they have this listed and doesn't seem very close to a top 10 talent.

Ranked #61 by FCHOCKEY
Ranked #18 by SPORTSNET
This draft is all over the place in terms of player rankings. I have Moore as one of the best players in the draft but both Blueston and Stl Fan in IA have him outside their respective top-10s if not top-15. They are no more right nor wrong than I and vice-versa. Really, if one can argue why they like their respective player, then the list of top players available at the #10 spot could range upwards of 10 - 15 players.

In respect to Willander, he had such an impressive U-18 that he's been shooting up the rankings of quite a few pundits. It's no longer out of the question that he's put himself in that 10 - 16 range.

Beauterham

Aug 19, 2018
Went with Barlow. Because other players had more attention at the U18's he's falling a bit on a lot of draft lists due to recency bias, however I don't think that's fair as he has first line potential. I did ponder about taking Moore (second line upside and questionable if he's a C or a W in the NHL) or Wood (skating made me put him behind Barlow), but I think Barlow is the safest pick so went with that, eventhough we already have Neighbours and Bolduc as LW in our prospect pool.

I, however, am convinced the Blues would actually take Honzek at this point.

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003
I picked Wood, but hope that someone takes someone off board in the top 9.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX

Ranked #61 by FCHOCKEY
Ranked #18 by SPORTSNET
He is top available player by my ranking. But I am projecting, and am not a pro scout, so of course I’m not sure he will in time be best player. but I think he is in top 20 and rising for anyone paying close attention. I think he has at least top pair potential and is fairly certain to at minimum be second pairing guy. I would be shocked if he doesn’t go in top 20 and honestly I’m not even certain he will be there at 10.

Reactions: Xerloris

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
I think I would go Moore here but I haven't done much research in this draft just yet. From what I've seen so far, I'm hoping one of Leonard, Dvorsky, or Benson drop to 10.

Daley Tarasenkshow

Schennsational
Nov 7, 2012
St. Louis MO
Really between Moore and Wood for me. I love Moore's speed, but Wood seems to fit the mold of a player we'd be looking at. Would look great on a line with Thomas in the future.

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis
He is top available player by my ranking. But I am projecting, and am not a pro scout, so of course I’m not sure he will in time be best player. but I think he is in top 20 and rising for anyone paying close attention. I think he has at least top pair potential and is fairly certain to at minimum be second pairing guy. I would be shocked if he doesn’t go in top 20 and honestly I’m not even certain he will be there at 10.

Thanks, prospect stuff is just something that never interested me. I think because it's so hard to be able to watch their game regularly.

Memento

Future Authoress.
Sep 12, 2011
St. Louis, Missouri
Went with Sale. Seemed like the best pick, great speed, excellent shot, decent defensively.

If we don’t re-sign Buchnevich when his contract is up, Sale would be a top
line replacement.

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
I hate these picks…this would be about the worst way the board could fall for me. ASP would be my choice. Then Wood, Perreault and Moore.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Noticed quite some people who voted apparantly didn't read this line.
at least 9 of the 15 who have voted for moore so far are regulars on blues board, so even though i don't think this is the way the blues will (or should) lean the results seem legit. and he is a fine player and prospect, even if i think this is about a half dozen spots too high for him.

Beauterham

Aug 19, 2018
at least 9 of the 15 who have voted for moore so far are regulars on blues board, so even though i don't think this is the way the blues will (or should) lean the results seem legit. and he is a fine player and prospect, even if i think this is about a half dozen spots too high for him.

Yeah, checked a while ago when he wasn't that far ahead of the others and saw a couple of non-Blues fans voting (not specifically for Moore, but for some others as well). Would be a shame if the 'wrong' player was selected due to a couple of outsiders if the vote was close (as you said, isn't going to happen with the lead Moore has).

BleedBlueForever

Jun 24, 2015
It was between Moore, Wood, and Sale for me. Out of the videos and what I've read I like Moore the most. Ultimately I'd be comfortable draft any of those 3 at the #10.

AyeBah

Apr 5, 2019
Went Honzek. Not a fan of Moore, seems more like a Newhook or Cogliano than a Roope Hintz. Especially after his lackluster U18 tourney

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad