Team Board Mock Draft Runoff

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who will the Sharks draft?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
My question would be, does Eiserman have any value outside of ripping one tees from the right faceoff circle on the power play?

Because if not then we shouldn't even draft him in the 2nd round because that's Macklin's office for the next 15 years.
Eiserman isn’t just a pure sniper. He’s a goal scorer. If you watch his highlights, it’s not just some crazy placed shots.

100% transparency I only watched the first half of this video, but it’s exactly what I wanted to say. He’s just got the instincts of where to be to get a goals.

Reactions: Star Platinum

Hodge

Apr 27, 2021
Eiserman isn’t just a pure sniper. He’s a goal scorer. If you watch his highlights, it’s not just some crazy placed shots.

100% transparency I only watched the first half of this video, but it’s exactly what I wanted to say. He’s just got the instincts of where to be to get a goals.

Okay but like half his career NTDP goals were scored on the power play.

Video gave me Arthur Kaliyev vibes. I remember the internet scouts loved him too. Let someone else take the risk.

Reactions: landshark and NiWa

Alaskanice

Sep 23, 2009
1 1/2 hours away
Thanks! Been a life long fan, back around 92/93 I remember being a young kid and seeing those OG teal jerseys on my aunt and uncles blurry analog tv, and I’ve been hooked ever since!

Honestly at pick 14 I’m not gonna be super picky. Obviously if one of the big 6 defensemen falls we’re sprinting to the podium and taking them, but most likely that won’t happen though unless we catch some luck like we did with Musty last year. There’s always a few prospects who get drafted lower or higher on draft day than where the consensus had them projected to go.

Eiserman would be my number one choice just because of the elite potential/ceiling he has. I like MBN a lot too, he’s the type of guy you want on your team especially in the playoffs, and he has a shot to boot. I’d also be ok with Sennecke, and Jiricek as long as the knee checks out. I’ve been watching film on Solberg and I’d be fine with him too.
You appear to be an old timer as myself. We’ve gone through it all. As for the draft, too random for me to determine outcomes. Whomever they choose, I support. I also don’t have the time to watch all these kids play. I’m hoping they find a gem.
Again, welcome.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
That's a tough one. It's no secret I like bigger tougher players. I have concerns about the mental aspect of Yaks game. And I've read Parekh has personality issues. That he rubs people the wrong way. Both seem to have defensive issues. Push comes to shove I'd probably go with Yakemchuck. I think he'd bring more match up problems for the opposition.
Interesting. I haven’t heard about Parekh’s personality issues. Yeah both D definitely have their defensive issues! I do like all 3 and love this issue of having two top 15 picks :laugh:
Okay but like half his career NTDP goals were scored on the power play.

Video gave me Arthur Kaliyev vibes. I remember the internet scouts loved him too. Let someone else take the risk.
He has the most goals in NTDP history. Yes 52 of them were on the powerplay but he still has 127 goals in NTDP across 2 seasons.

I’d love to add Kaliyev who is artificially pushed down because of Kings depth and not playing the weird grinder style that they love.

Stewie Griffin

What the deuce
May 9, 2019
Canada
My question would be, does Eiserman have any value outside of ripping one tees from the right faceoff circle on the power play?

Because if not then we shouldn't even draft him in the 2nd round because that's Macklin's office for the next 15 years.
Smith and even Eklund have played alot on the right side of a PP too. Eiserman is not a fit as alot of people think.

Reactions: Sandisfan

stator

Apr 17, 2012
San Jose
I don't think Eiserman will be available by the 15th pick. I think Grier will take the best that's available on their list whether it's a forward or defenseman.

This appears to be a tough draft to nail down accurately the picks in order after Celebrini. If someone does that, my hat's off to him/her.

Reactions: Star Platinum

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
I don't think Eiserman will be available by the 15th pick. I think Grier will take the best that's available on their list whether it's a forward or defenseman.

This appears to be a tough draft to nail down accurately the picks in order after Celebrini. If someone does that, my hat's off to him/her.
I just don’t feel like Eiserman will be high on the Sharks list. I know the BU connection is something we joke about but Eiserman fits none of the “bigger, faster, harder to play against” mantra Grier has.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
I just don’t feel like Eiserman will be high on the Sharks list. I know the BU connection is something we joke about but Eiserman fits none of the “bigger, faster, harder to play against” mantra Grier has.
But he fits the do everything you possibly can to keep your savior happy model that I like to employ. :sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad