Team Board Mock Draft Runoff

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who will the Sharks draft?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bizz

Slacked for Mack
Oct 17, 2007
San Jose
Let's see, a player who has done something only Sidney Crosby and Johnathan Toews has done at the Junior level, or some "late riser" that barely anybody has heard of when late risers rarely become something at the NHL level.

I'll stick with Eiserman.

Last edited:

GRANdSharks

Mar 14, 2018
If we got sennecke at 14 its robbery at this point. Ik eiserman is the more well known name and has the boom perception and id be fine with him at 14. but having watched sennecke live multiple times this kid is one of the most skilled players in the draft and has tons of room to grow, he is a clear top 10 talent and would make our forward core absolutely disgusting with macklin smith and 2 big high skill wingers in sennecke and musty to build off.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
If we got sennecke at 14 its robbery at this point. Ik eiserman is the more well known name and has the boom perception and id be fine with him at 14. but having watched sennecke live multiple times this kid is one of the most skilled players in the draft and has tons of room to grow, he is a clear top 10 talent and would make our forward core absolutely disgusting with macklin smith and 2 big high skill wingers in sennecke and musty to build off.
Anyone they get at 14 could be great value out of the pick but it may make sense for them to trade back. This sort of mock pretty much guarantees a solid prospect where Chicago is picking at 18. My guess is that 18 and 50 would be enough for 14 but 50 might be too far out for a reasonably good bet on a prospect but 50 could be used to move up from 33 or 42. A lot of the D that we were looking at with our early 2nd rounders look like they're creeping into the late 1st.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
I get where people are coming from with not wanting our whole top-6 to be playmakers-first and Sennecke is certainly not a slam dunk or anything, but he’s got really high potential, size, and a ton of skill. Add that he’s a RW and I like his chance of developing a B game better than Eiserman’s and this is a no-brainer for me.

Eklund-Celebrini-Sennecke
Musty-Smith-Zetterlund

PacificOceanPotion

Jun 19, 2009
Eiserman is an 06 bday. That alone makes me feel a lot older than I already feel lol. He could’ve been one of the top picks in the 25’ draft. Kids got room to grow in a lot of areas but he’s elite in one area which is pretty important in the game of hockey; he can score goals with the very best of em. I honestly don’t care if he’s nothing more than a sniper who doesn’t ever do a lot of other things great. As long as he’s not a Hoffman level liability then I’m ok. Imo though, you take guys like him when you can get em. Sennecke is tempting ,and I feel like this is all a matter of your own personal opinion and taste, but I’m going with the guy with the established scoring pedigree. With all that being said, I can still totally get behind the choice if it’s Sennecke @14.

matt trick

Jun 12, 2007
Sennecke for me. We need a goal scorers, right wingers, and dmen. Sennecke brings excellent size, puck skills, and skating, and he's still growing into his body having grown four inches. I feel like he's maybe just a bit more projectable, but Eiserman's shot and instincts are elite. I'd be intrigued at trading up for Eiserman if he makes it past 20. I do think having Celebrini makes picking up Eiserman extra intriguing.

Like the idea of Musty and Sennecke adding size around Celebrini, Smith, and Eklund.

DG93

Jun 29, 2010
San Jose
Sennecke for me. We need a goal scorers, right wingers, and dmen. Sennecke brings excellent size, puck skills, and skating, and he's still growing into his body having grown four inches. I feel like he's maybe just a bit more projectable, but Eiserman's shot and instincts are elite. I'd be intrigued at trading up for Eiserman if he makes it past 20. I do think having Celebrini makes picking up Eiserman extra intriguing.

Like the idea of Musty and Sennecke adding size around Celebrini, Smith, and Eklund.
Step 1: Draft Sennecke at 14
Step 2: Acquire JGP + #20 for SJ 2025 2nd round pick
Step 3: Trade up to #15 using #20 and #42 and draft Eiserman to resolve this run-off debate
Step 4: ??? (future top-9 = Eiserman-Celebrini-Sennecke, Zetterlund-Smith-Eklund, Musty-Bystedt-Edstrom)
Step 5: Profit

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I get where people are coming from with not wanting our whole top-6 to be playmakers-first and Sennecke is certainly not a slam dunk or anything, but he’s got really high potential, size, and a ton of skill. Add that he’s a RW and I like his chance of developing a B game better than Eiserman’s and this is a no-brainer for me.

Eklund-Celebrini-Sennecke
Musty-Smith-Zetterlund
Anything that has us have too much of anything would be a good problem to have.

Reactions: DG93

YUPPY 2 7 10 11

Oct 5, 2020
"ain't no fun when the rabbit got the gun"

What is true is that people often misinterpret polls to mean predictions. Polls are meant to give a pulse on the moment - and this far away from the draft, is almost impossible to predict this early on.

So what these people caution is against basically a self-fulfilling prophecy of sorts on polls - i.e. don't call it quits because a poll a month before draft day. Polls can and do increasingly become a story of their own that can discourage momentum and engagement and thus, eventually turnout.

Also non sharks fans are voting = gerrymandering. Demanding a recount LOL

Last edited:

hotcabbagesoup

"I'm going to get what I deserve" -RutgerMcgroarty
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
I doubt Esierman falls to 14 but apparently he and Celebrini have played together before

Yes but we must not fall into the trap of drafting guys for the sole purpose of us wanting them to fall in love with each other. Remember all the Czechs that we got for Hertl? Marty Kaut who wants nothing to do with the US anymore; Zadina; and countless other Czechs. Hertl doesn't even anything to do with us anymore.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad