Confirmed Signing with Link: [TBL] Shattenkirk to TB (1 year, $1.75M)

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
I never acted like they didn't. You apparently didn't read what I wrote.

Financial advantages that don't impact the cap =/= financial advantages that impact the cap.

Im just pointing out that you act like TB and no state taxes are the only teams that have advantages. Toronto and some big cities have their advantages too. Maybe something needs to be done about that too.

KingPuckChoo

Go kinGs Go !
Jun 24, 2007
Tampa's Defense looks elite

still bummed that Blake gave up Cernak for 2 weeks of garbage Bishop

Blake must've been drinking some Lombardi juice

Reactions: DownIsTheNewUp

KingPuckChoo

Go kinGs Go !
Jun 24, 2007
just going by LD/RD

Hedman - Cernak
McDonagh - Shattenkirk
Sergachev - Foote
Coburn - L. Schenn
Gaunce - Rutta

those last 4 would probably be on a lot of teams' active roster lol

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
just going by LD/RD

Hedman - Cernak
McDonagh - Shattenkirk
Sergachev - Foote
Coburn - L. Schenn
Gaunce - Rutta

Nolan Foote is a forward, not a defenseman. Doh, forgot about Cal. And signing Shattenkirk makes them elite? Interesting perspective you have there.

Last edited:

The S5

Jul 27, 2017
just going by LD/RD

Hedman - Cernak
McDonagh - Shattenkirk
Sergachev - Foote
Coburn - L. Schenn
Gaunce - Rutta

I feel bad for McDonagh having to carry another slug.
A lot of Ranger fans crapped on Staal and Pionk, but Shattenkirk was garbage.
Not saying he is a bad guy and I hope he can rebound, but he was pure trash in blue.

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
Im just pointing out that you act like TB and no state taxes are the only teams that have advantages. Toronto and some big cities have their advantages too. Maybe something needs to be done about that too.
Yes, maybe something needs to be done about other advantages as well. I have never tried to pretend that other teams don't have advantages. Tampa also has other advantages. The main problem however, comes when that financial advantage is reflected in the cap.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Nolan Foote is a forward, but Cal Foote is a defenseman.

I'll leave the rest of your bad take alone.

Don’t know why Cal was on Tampa’s non-active list... but anyhow, you think Shattenkirk makes the rest of their blueline elite? Lmao.

They have an elite Hedman and a few good players on the blueline that collectively looked horrendous against a physical team like Columbus.

But I guess that’s not a popular take for some Tampa Bay homers. It’s okay though because Shattenkirk now puts them over the top. Maybe he’ll save them from choking this year.

eramosat

Dec 19, 2015
Toronto
cool. sure he left money out there to go to a team that is favorite to win the cup

Unfortunately...Shattenkirk only knows how to leave teams that win Cups. Cue the Rangers to host Lord Stanley next year, and then Tampa after Shattenkirk signs elsewhere next season. :naughty:

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
Don’t know why Cal was on Tampa’s non-active list... but anyhow, you think Shattenkirk makes the rest of their blueline elite? Lmao.

They have an elite Hedman and a few good players on the blueline that collectively looked horrendous against a physical team like Columbus.

But I guess that’s not a popular take for some Tampa Bay homers. It’s okay though because Shattenkirk now puts them over the top. Maybe he’ll save them from choking this year.
You seem upset for some reason.

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017

Ah. Man. A choking insult. That cuts deep because it's definitely not been said before. It's hard to put into words how impactful that sweet, sweet burn was.

Nah though, they've got one of the best blue lines in the league, easily. Everyone is entitled to bad takes though, so you own yours and enjoy it.

Just try to at least know the team before you talk like you do, or you may make some silly mistake like correcting someone who's actually right about a player on the depth chart. It might make you look like you don't have any clue what you're talking about. And that's definitely not the case.

Reactions: CupsOverCash

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
I was commenting on a poster who overrated Tampa’s blueline, as if that hasn’t been done before. And we saw exactly how elite that blueline was in the first round. Hedman sure was spectacular as well.

Merrrlin

Grab the 9 iron, Barry!
Jul 2, 2019
3rd pairing D is better than a lot of folks (maybe such as yourself) seem to think he is. 1 year/1.5 million? I have a hard time thinking he won’t measure up to that contract.

I just find it odd that Jacob Trouba is automatic first D pairing, stud material for New York (he’s good...but I think a lot of people are jumping the gun on how good), but Kevin Shattenkirk can’t play in the NHL anymore. A mistake of extreme thinking.

Who is extreme thinking? I don't see anyone saying he should be out of the NHL. People are saying he's not that good, even as a 3rd pairing D I wouldn't love him on the Isles. It's not like I wish bad things on the guy, I just saw him a few times last year and I am not buying that he's a positive player out there (although really, how many 3rd pairing 2 million dollar guys are?).

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Tampa's Defense looks elite

still bummed that Blake gave up Cernak for 2 weeks of garbage Bishop

Blake must've been drinking some Lombardi juice

At the time it seemed like you guys weren't overly high on Cernak.

We're kind of shocked at what he's become. He just kept being a standout. Most of us figured he'd hit a wall at some point, but he rolled through Syracuse and is still rolling. But when we got him we had no real expectations. He looked like a legit #3 straight out of Syracuse, and never fell off. Probably our only player who had a good series against CBJ.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
Who is extreme thinking? I don't see anyone saying he should be out of the NHL. People are saying he's not that good, even as a 3rd pairing D I wouldn't love him on the Isles. It's not like I wish bad things on the guy, I just saw him a few times last year and I am not buying that he's a positive player out there (although really, how many 3rd pairing 2 million dollar guys are?).

“Not that good” as a third pairing means that there is a contingent of fans that would not want him on their team’s third pairing. Since there’s no fourth pairing, that would mean not in NHL...

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
Great price for Tampa. Assuming his knee injury is a thing of the past, Shattenkirk can slot in comfortably as a 4/5.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Slovakia vs Romania
    Slovakia vs Romania
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,600.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Ukraine vs Belgium
    Ukraine vs Belgium
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,770.00