Confirmed Signing with Link: [TBL] D Victor Hedman signs extension with the Lightning (4 years, $8M AAV; begins 2025-26)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Sideline

May 23, 2004
Good deal for Tampa. I guess hardball with Stamkos scared Hedman away from fighting over term.

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
8.06% aav based on a 92.5 cap which the league already agreed to

Surprised he didn’t just do the 7.7 for his number

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
To be honest id much rather have hedman at 8x4 than Stamkos. Guentzel is objectively better than current Stamkos as well.

Still though I'd rather Stamkos over mcdonagh.

Kinda feel like Tampa should have just dumped cirelli and kept Stamkos. He's good but not 6.25 territory. They aren't that tight to the cap going forward and he has been the face of the franchise basically since he was drafted.

Maybe jbb wants kucherov to get the career records since he scouted him? Not that kuch wouldn't have overtaken him eventually anyways.

I think teams look at Florida and Vegas being ruthless and getting cups for it and think that's the only way. Copycat league.

Reactions: Leafshater67

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
He'll be 34 2 months into that contract. I liked it better when older players randomly signed 1-2 year, cup chasing or "I still want to play with some gas left in the tank" deals. Now we have contracts that basically go to retirement.

But good deal here keeping him.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
The new captain?
Probably

A guy like hedman never making more than 8 per in his career. Guess that's why his teams were able to win cups.
I think it’s more because they found 2 hall of famers in the 2nd and 3rd rounds to go along with their home run top picks . And made some amazing trades. Hedman making 2 million more AAV really wouldn’t matter

Reactions: Curufinwe

KrisLetAngry

MrJukeBoy
Dec 20, 2013
Saskatchewan
Currently 33. So starts at 34 and turns 38 in the last year.

Fair contract. Can either sign another contract with them or go chase a cup at age 38 or even retire.

Was signed to an amazing contract during his prime and I am a big believer in defensemen prime lasting longer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad