Confirmed with Link: [TBL/CAR] Lightning trade 2025 3rd for Jake Guentzel

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
After trading for his rights

JBB: So....how about 9x7? Sound fair?
JG agent: Yeah sounds good, lets see how it goes tomorrow and we'll circle back to ya
JBB: .....

Why wouldn't he try the market tomorrow? He has zero incentive to sign a deal here before seeing what is out there.
Imagine :laugh:

Five picks for two years of Doug Glatt 2.0, a 3rd rounder for cute phone calls with Jake for 24hrs

OurlordAndSaviorKuch

Number one Bull$hit
Oct 12, 2011
Tampa Florida
Imagine :laugh:

Five picks for two years of Doug Glatt 2.0, a 3rd rounder for cute phone calls with Jake for 24hrs
JBB face……

IMG_0299.jpeg

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
Anyone thinking we may not sign him is insane. JBB has no other choice at this point. He just told the face of the franchise to eat shit. All the chips are in for Guentzel. He can't let him walk now. He'll just wind up overpaying for him if needed.

ccman68

Dec 9, 2017
we've got some money for another forward if guentzel isn't too expensive

Duclair-Point-Kucherov
Hagel-Cirelli-Guentzel

idk if the second line gets it done but it definitely didn't work with stamkos so might as well try something new. and yeah duclair was bad in the playoffs blah blah. could always go for jeff skinner

Stelio Kontos

Nov 6, 2011
Too soon for that bud

Maybe he just didn't like Carolina, plus taxes

Let’s see.. if he signs Guentzel hes..

extended the window. Improved our prospect pool.
got two top 4 D, a top prospect, 29 year old 40 goal scorer who’s one of the best in the league scoring 5v5.
Got rid of our 8.5 mil liability.
actually got value for Jeannot
Assuming Guentzel plays with Point and Kuch, who could we theoretically bring in to play with Hagel/Cirelli that would make the 2nd line actually dangerous? Because right now we're still a one line team, and we just dumped our best goal scorer.

Guentzel - Point - Kucherov
Hagel - Cirelli - XXXX

They're definitely gonna need some fire power on that 2nd line, cause right now they ain't scoring very much.

Guentzel can play either wing iirc.. the SMART move is put guentzel on the 2nd with Cirelli and Hagel .

Or bring back Duclair..

Reactions: RMF5630

RMF5630

Jun 13, 2022
9.25x7 it is then. I'm with JBB. Get the best out of the core (Vasy, Point, Kuch, Hed, Guentzel) and roll from there.
We need to get younger and just as talented, not many ways to do that...

The Finals vs the Avs showed that TB was getting old and couldn't keep up with the Western style. We just are not built to play FLA type hockey.

Reactions: DaBolts

OurlordAndSaviorKuch

Number one Bull$hit
Oct 12, 2011
Tampa Florida
That's the key piece, still a lot left up in the air.

If JBB leaves Stamkos at the alter to chase Chad and he gets rejected, this can turn out awful. He's certainly put himself into a better position, but still needs to seal the deal.

He has no leverage with Guentezel either. He either gives him what he wants or looks like an idiot.

RMF5630

Jun 13, 2022

If JBB leaves Stamkos at the alter to chase Chad and he gets rejected, this can turn out awful. He's certainly put himself into a better position, but still needs to seal the deal.
Guentzel wants to win. I can't imagine this was done without Stamkos knowing. It reads to me that JBB is sending a message that he is all in for now, which is important to Stamkos. I bet Stamkos signs a back loaded deal with guaranteed money in the outer years. The only way this makes sense is with Stamkos on the Second line and PP1.

Reactions: Renopucker

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
If not Duclair, they could look at Sprong. Mantha, Tarasenko, Foegele, Henrique as players who would be comparably priced. In the tier below, there is Martinook, Noesen, Amadio, Roslovic and I'm sure others. Depending on how.mucj they have left after Guentzel, what they may do with Sheary, and if another depth dman is addressed, they could at least one of them. I would look at Kulikov as a solid.depth RD maybe, as he shpjldnt be too expensive and would be a solid 5/6 that can play either side.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
Guentzel wants to win. I can't imagine this was done without Stamkos knowing. It reads to me that JBB is sending a message that he is all in for now, which is important to Stamkos. I bet Stamkos signs a back loaded deal with guaranteed money in the outer years. The only way this makes sense is with Stamkos on the Second line and PP1.

Stamkos isn't chasing a Cup, what's most important to him is respect. Nothing that's happened over the last 24 hours does anything to repair the disrespect he's been shown over the last year.

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
After trading for his rights

JBB: So....how about 9x7? Sound fair?
JG agent: Yeah sounds good, lets see how it goes tomorrow and we'll circle back to ya
JBB: .....

Why wouldn't he try the market tomorrow? He has zero incentive to sign a deal here before seeing what is out there.
Exactly what I said

Reactions: Rschmitz

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
IDk if the second line gets it done but it definitely didn't work with stamkos so might as well try something new. and yeah duclair was bad in the playoffs blah blah. could always go for jeff skinner
Wasn't the 2nd line pretty damn good last year once they put Hagel - Cirelli - Stamkos together after the deadline?

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Assuming Guentzel plays with Point and Kuch, who could we theoretically bring in to play with Hagel/Cirelli that would make the 2nd line actually dangerous? Because right now we're still a one line team, and we just dumped our best goal scorer.

Guentzel - Point - Kucherov
Hagel - Cirelli - XXXX

They're definitely gonna need some fire power on that 2nd line, cause right now they ain't scoring very much.
Wouldn't be opposed to Kane or Tarasenko

If JBB doesn't sign Guentzel now and then tries to go back to Stammer, only to be rejected again than he should be fired.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Austria vs Turkey
    KNOCKOUT Austria vs Turkey
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $27,750.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Brazil vs Colombia
    Brazil vs Colombia
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $14,488.00