Confirmed Trade: [TBL/CAR] Jake Guentzel for 2025 3rd round pick

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Turin

Erik Karlsson is good
Feb 27, 2018
8x8 is such a dumb offer from Carolina.

You have the 8th year flexibility. Offer 8x9.25 = 74M. Makes it very difficult for other teams to get close with only 7 year offers - they'd have to offer over 10M. Instead they lowball his AAV and use their 8th year like cheap idiots. Now you're losing a player that doesn't come available in free agency very often.
Actually the dumb offer would be a competitive team offering him 9.25x8.

Feb 5, 2016
The one thing that I will say is that Tampa is getting significantly older by bringing in McDonagh and Guentzel and trading away Sergachev, Jeannot, and letting go of Stamkos. Jeannot didn't quite fit, but Sergachev is the one that I have real questions about them trading. Bringing back McDonagh made sense with Hedman and Sergachev, but dealing Sergachev means their entire defense is reliant on a 33 year old and a 35 year old. With how barren Tampa's farm system is from years of all-in pushes, there's not a lot of spots for Tampa to get cheap support or to reload their team's core. It feels like yet another Pittsburgh waiting to happen.
Tampa did not help their cause in the draft either as they only drafted Slovenian defender Jan Golicic in the 4th round.

There’s a possibility that newly acquired RFA* JJ Moser is flipped for a middle 6 scoring winger as Tampa might run with.

1st Pair LD Hedman RD Raddysh
2nd Pair LD McDonagh RD Cernak
3rd Pair LD Lilleberg RD Crozier
7th defender: RD Perbix

olli

Unregistered User
Dec 2, 2016
Canada
Not even with tampas clear tax advantages.
That trading

Sergachev
Stamkos
Jeannot

For
Moser
Guentzel
Geekie makes them that much better this year.

Future. Sure. But then Hedman/mcdonagh age out
Add Mcdonagh to the equation and it makes more sense

Turin

Erik Karlsson is good
Feb 27, 2018
You're out of your depth in this conversation if you're unaware no team can offer 8 years. It was only Carolina with that advantage.
Carolina isn’t a competitive team? WTF are you talking about? Read the post I was responding to.

Last edited:

Look Up

GM quality has been going downhill
Oct 3, 2013
Canes and Bolts fans miss their Southeast division rivalry, clearly by the smack talking in some of these posts.

Reactions: Zwui21

meatwad4343

Apr 19, 2018
Tampa
Lightning essentially traded sergachev and a 3rd for a top center prospect, top 4 defenseman, multiple draft picks and guentzel. Great off season so far for jbb

newsportsfan123

Dec 16, 2019
The one thing that I will say is that Tampa is getting significantly older by bringing in McDonagh and Guentzel and trading away Sergachev, Jeannot, and letting go of Stamkos. Jeannot didn't quite fit, but Sergachev is the one that I have real questions about them trading. Bringing back McDonagh made sense with Hedman and Sergachev, but dealing Sergachev means their entire defense is reliant on a 33 year old and a 35 year old. With how barren Tampa's farm system is from years of all-in pushes, there's not a lot of spots for Tampa to get cheap support or to reload their team's core. It feels like yet another Pittsburgh waiting to happen.
It’s funny that people think that this makes them cup contenders. I think they could be if there offense out score teams essentially, but the days of their defense shutting people down are over. Hedman has been a massive liability defensively the last two years.

K Fleur

Sacrifice
Mar 28, 2014
Jake would be insane on the same line as Kucherov.

To be fair though alot of players would kill it on a line with Kucherov.

Reactions: Zwui21

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
It’s funny that people think that this makes them cup contenders. I think they could be if there offense out score teams essentially, but the days of their defense shutting people down are over. Hedman has been a massive liability defensively the last two years.

I think that’s a big reason why they got McDonagh back. Sergachev wasn’t a shutdown guy and Hedman should be mostly in an offensive role at this point. I thought McDonagh was very good last year in Nashville so if McDonagh-Cernak can be a strong shutdown pair again and Vasi can return to form then it would go a long way to getting their goals against down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Austria vs Turkey
    KNOCKOUT Austria vs Turkey
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $27,750.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Brazil vs Colombia
    Brazil vs Colombia