Confirmed Trade: [TBL/CAR] Jake Guentzel for 2025 3rd round pick

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

LeBrun is a Clown

Sep 19, 2018
Not even with tampas clear tax advantages.
That trading

Sergachev
Stamkos
Jeannot

For
Moser
Guentzel
Geekie makes them that much better this year.

Future. Sure. But then Hedman/mcdonagh age out
When Geekie is ready, they can move one of Point, Cirelli, or Paul for a D man or two. Moser is also legit , still surprised Utah let him go

Reactions: Zwui21

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Big upgrade over Stamkos. (Current version of course).

Perfect world? You have the 22-23 version of Sergachev and bring back Stammer on a short-term deal. But stuff happens and this is a pretty slick pivot.

The defense behind Hedman simply has to be no-nonsense defensively (and Hedman has to continue to hold up, offensively, as elite).

Adding Jake to Point and Kucherov up front is gonna be big. That’s just sick.

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
When Geekie is ready, they can move one of Point, Cirelli, or Paul for a D man or two. Moser is also legit , still surprised Utah let him go

I don’t know enough about moser. I thought he was seen as good. We will see. Looks like a push now. See how it goes later.

Identity404

I'm not superstitious, but I am a little stitious
Nov 5, 2005
Washington DC
TB and him already had talks for sure why waste a draft pick unless you have absolutely no trust in the player keeping his word, and if thats the case why do you even want him
Let me put my tinfoil hat on for a sec…

Maybe the Canes were pissed about Tampa potentially tampering and told them if they don’t get a third for his rights they would make a stink about it to the league.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Good on Tampa for just continuing to be competitive. Very difficult thing to do in this league.

Don’t take a penalty against them.

Reactions: T REX

Zwui21

Aug 31, 2019
I'm convinced we'll trade Cirelli away one year from now. Trade just before his NTC kicks in July 1st, 2025. À la Sergachev

• Wow
Reactions: Hint1k

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
How the f*** are they...?
It’s tough to pick which guys you’d overpay to stay. I’d choose Pesce and Skjei but Pesce has a shelf life probably shorter than the contract and Skjei crushed it for two years headed into this contract so he’s going to be really expensive for what he actually brings. Pesce settled Skjei down and makes him look really good. I wouldn’t give Skjei the contract he’s about to get.

The remaining core is good enough to be a middling team that fights for a playoff spot, and that’s without whatever additions are coming. We’ll find a way to spend to the cap and be solid but yup, we’re probably taking a step back.

Reactions: Spring in Fialta

Stelio Kontos

Nov 6, 2011
JBB likes doing things that become trends...a 3rd is the highest anyone has paid for rights, I wonder if one day someone will trade a 1st for negotiating rights.

IMO, Tampa's window is closing. JBB seems desperate to be no. 1 in Florida.

Considering Florida just to back to back Stanley cup finals that’s a pretty good goal..

This isn’t Pittsburgh..

Kucherov - 31
Vasilevskiy - 29
Guentzel - 29
Point - 28
Cirelli - 26
Hagel - 25..

Add Geekie, Isaac Howard

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Guess that extension didn’t quite get all the way to home plate.

Good for Tampa, presumably whatever fell short in the extension talks has already been cleared in TB.

Given the circumstances, Canes salvaging a 3rd instead of waiting a day and getting nothing.

Kind of a how was the play Mrs Lincoln situation. Curious where Canes go from here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad