Claimed off Waivers: [TBL] Alex Barre-Boulet claimed off waivers by the Lightning from the Kraken

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
Makes sense. I stand corrected.

I wonder if 31 teams passed and this was TB claiming him for Syracuse. I guess we'll never know.

At least 22 teams passed on ABB. If TB does assign him to Syracuse then we'll know 30 teams passed on him.

Tampa is currently 24th in waiver priority. The only teams behind Tampa are Washington, Toronto, Pitt, Florida, Carolina, Vegas and Colorado.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Yea. Thats what I thought. But apparently it was floated around Twitter verse that Tampa had priority.

It just means a bunch of teams below Tampa didnt make a claim which is nutty to me. Montreal could have used him lol
He's more valuable to Tampa than Montreal I think just because he's a Lightning prospect. Tampa is the team that has groomed him to play the Lightning way and put so much over the years into his development. Montreal could take a flyer on him, but they could also just as easily call up one of their own guys who they are probably more so invested in.

threeVo

Jan 5, 2010
Tampa
At least 22 teams passed on ABB. If TB does assign him to Syracuse then we'll know 30 teams passed on him.

Tampa is currently 24th in waiver priority. The only teams behind Tampa are Washington, Toronto, Pitt, Florida, Carolina, Vegas and Colorado.
Waiver prio doesnt update until Nov 1.

flashsabre

Apr 5, 2003
Visit site

TB had first right to reclaim him and they did. The Sabres claimed Axel Jonsson Fjällby from Washington then put him back on waivers and Washington grabbed him back.

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
Another example at how risk adverse the NHL can be. Here is a smaller player who put up elite numbers in the AHL at 21, 22, and 23 years old. However, he has a one way contract (at league minimum) for the next two seasons. Can’t risk that. I don’t get how a rebuilding team doesn’t bring him in

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
TB had first right to reclaim him and they did. The Sabres claimed Axel Jonsson Fjällby from Washington then put him back on waivers and Washington grabbed him back.

No. This is one of myths that never seem to die. There is no priority to reclaim a player previously lost off waivers.

Reactions: PAZ

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Just evidence how poorly run the Seattle Kraken are. He literally got an assist for the Kraken.

I think we're being a bit too hard on them. As mentioned previously, they had a bunch of forwards go on Covid protocol right before the season opener and they were worried about being to dress enough forwards until everybody cleared.

Just listing their contracted forwards by cap hit:

1. Eberle
2. Schwartz
3. Gourde - shoulder injury, just got cleared this week
4. Wennberg
5. Donskoi - was in Covid protocol
6. Tanev
7. McCann - was in Covid protocol
8. Jarnkrok - was in Covid protocol, just got activated today
10. Johansson - was in Covid protocol, ended up on IR after a game
10. Appleton
11. Sheahan
12. Bastian
13. Donato
14. Geekie
15. Blackwell
16. Lind
17. Henman
18. McCormick
19. Twarynski
20. True

After the guys went on Covid protocol, they called up Lind/True. They had an open forward spot to call up Henman/McCormick/Twayrnski but they understandably claimed somebody they thought was better than those guys. Now that Gourde is healthy and the other guys are out of protocol, they had to make room. Not every waiver claim is made thinking a guy is a long term addition, I'd file this under "Oh crap, we can claim this guy or call up an inferior AHL player."

Last edited:

JoeSakic13

May 30, 2013
San Francisco
I’m genuinely shocked no teams picked him up before Tampa. I mean him getting passed on by 2 teams made sense. Him being passed on by 31 teams is bizarre.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
He's more valuable to Tampa than Montreal I think just because he's a Lightning prospect. Tampa is the team that has groomed him to play the Lightning way and put so much over the years into his development. Montreal could take a flyer on him, but they could also just as easily call up one of their own guys who they are probably more so invested in.

Maybe, but I for one think ABB is good and wanted Florida to claim him. I think he would have fit their lineup just fine.

Even Arizona even though they are tanking.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Surprised we were able to get him back. Kinda needed him after Kucherov got injured but we released ABB just days before the injury. Now he will get his shot in top 6 with Tampa.

Reactions: 2020 Cup Champions

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
I’m genuinely shocked no teams picked him up before Tampa. I mean him getting passed on by 2 teams made sense. Him being passed on by 31 teams is bizarre.

Thing is though, that every team has guys that are in this range, and they don't know what to do with. Unless a team thinks a player is absolutely better, they don't just pick up a guy for the sake of it, which is why most players pass easily through waivers. If ABB is head and shoulders better than other players, he doesn't get passed on by the whole league.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
Claim a guy with potential, fly him across the country, give him 4th line minutes for 2 games and then waive him? Why?

will be even funnier if he ends up actually doing anything notable in the NHL at some point now

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad