Value of: TB Garrison/Coburn and Tyler Johnson to NJ

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

YennoItFlames

Sep 1, 2016
Zacha has played one NHL game.

TJ has played 242, and 47 playoff games.

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM...

Tough choice mate.

I would choose Johnson for the Flames honestly, he's proven as much as Monahan is, Zacha is well a magic bean like Yakopuv(jk) but the OP deserved it XD imo it'd be Johnson + Coburn for Zacha + Sevs?

PetterssonSimp

Dec 12, 2008
Despite the oodles of cap space and no real big contract re-signings coming up for the Devils they are neither in a position prospect wise nor direction wise to be taking on two well established players who should fit into anyone's starting Top6/Top4 right now. Devils would be better served trying to buy low on one of the defenceman if at all possible for a draft pick to hope for a better chance in the close games that kept them out of the playoffs last season.
Acquiring Coburn for say a 2nd and a middle prospect would help both teams

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
how about this thought? Who would you rather have Zacha or Johnson? Garrison and Coburn aren't dumps... So it'll be a dman prospect(with nice upside) or high pick

Johnson. 72 pt career high 2 seasons ago, zacha hasnt even hit that in the OHL.

tjs*

Mar 18, 2016
His major drawback is he may or may not be injury prone, and he's not nearly the same player when he loses his speed.

That's my biggest concern with Johnson. It's not so much that he's injury prone - the injuries he's had have been reasonable ones that could have taken anybody out - but that when he is hurt his game falls off a cliff. Especially, like you said, when it's a lower body injury that takes away his speed. He's a hell of a player and we certainly aren't going to trade him cheaply (and especially not for the sort of hilariously unrealistic offer made in this thread), but I do wonder what sort of trajectory his career is going to take after a few more years of wear and tear.

Butchered

I'm with Kuch
Apr 30, 2004
Given that the OP clearly doesn't know the difference between a RFA and a UFA this thread is hardly worth responding to. If I were a Devils fan I'd be embarassed by what my fellow fans are posting here.

I totally relate to that.

tjs*

Mar 18, 2016
I totally relate to that.

Sigh...I'm done with your asinine comments. You have nothing intelligent to contribute to this forum and seem to exist only to throw snide remarks my way. I'm sick of your ******** and am putting you on ignore. I'm done with you.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad