Value of: TB Garrison/Coburn and Tyler Johnson to NJ

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
Are you under the impression that Jason Garrison or Braydon Coburn are cap dumps? You're going to get some answers that you will find offensive, if so.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Do you really believe yourself when you say that? That's not realistic at all given the circumstances of Johnson having one year left on his deal and relieving cap space by getting rid of one of your defenseman.

Neither Garrison or Coburn are cap dumps and Johnson is at worst a great 2nd line center.

Ruutu Tootoo

Oct 16, 2014
Morris County, NJ
il not calling them a cap dump to the point where they are useless, which is why I said NJ gets a defenseman. I'm sorry if that sounded like a cap dump I chose the wrong words. But at the same time you are relieving significant cap room. But you can't honestly tell me a 1 year contract of Johnson and one of those two defenseman get you back "Zacha +". If Tyler Johnson were on a favorable long term deal, then I can see that being more justifiable.

Vatican Roulette

Baile de Los Locos
Feb 28, 2002
Gorillaz-EPWRID
Visit site
il not calling them a cap dump to the point where they are useless, which is why I said NJ gets a defenseman. I'm sorry if that sounded like a cap dump I chose the wrong words. But at the same time you are relieving significant cap room. But you can't honestly tell me a 1 year contract of Johnson and one of those two defenseman get you back "Zacha +". If Tyler Johnson were on a favorable long term deal, then I can see that being more justifiable.

Well Johnson is a RFA, so NJ won't lose him.

So yeah, Zacha plus seems about right.

Ace101

Apr 2, 2014

Johnson is an rfa not a ufa. He's scored 50 points in 82 games, 72 in 77 games, and was injured this year and scored 38 in 69. Not to mention he's a playoff beast with 42 points in 47 games. Adding in a good defence man. You really think Tampa Bay's trading Johnson for a loss. 26 years old which is in line with their core who are playoff contenders.

2020 Cup Champions

Nov 26, 2013

You didn't choose the wrong words. That is a valuable package of players. Tyler Johnson has .89 ppg in the playoffs over forty-seven games.

Ruutu Tootoo

Oct 16, 2014
Morris County, NJ
so what I'm concluding is that you guys think Tyler Johnson will be resigned and Palat is going to be the odd man out?

And my offer would have been a 1st and a prospect or two (not named Zacha) Such as Jacobs and a few others.

East Coast Icestyle

Mar 6, 2015
Nova Scotia, Canada
so what I'm concluding is that you guys think Tyler Johnson will be resigned and Palat is going to be the odd man out?

And my offer would have been a 1st and a prospect or two (not named Zacha) Such as Jacobs and a few others.

Let's step back and realize two things for this

Coburn was traded for a first
Johnson has put up back to back conn Smythe worthy performances

PatrikOverAuston

Laine > Matthews
Jun 22, 2016
Winnipeg
But you can't honestly tell me a 1 year contract of Johnson and one of those two defenseman get you back "Zacha +".

Do you know the difference between an RFA and a UFA?

Then your offer is pretty terrible and you were right to keep it to yourself.

2020 Cup Champions

Nov 26, 2013

It seems to me like you're avoiding the possibility that your ability to evaluate the value of these players or is off, or that if Tyler Johnson and Jason Garrison were made available that somehow that offer would be the best one.

tjs*

Mar 18, 2016
Given that the OP clearly doesn't know the difference between a RFA and a UFA this thread is hardly worth responding to. If I were a Devils fan I'd be embarassed by what my fellow fans are posting here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad