Value of: Taylor Hall Auction

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
Hall to MTL for Tatar (who can be flipped at next year's TDL), lottery protected 1st round pick in 2020, a prospect like Hillis/Fonstad/McShane and a conditional 1st round pick if he re-signs with MTL. Your thoughts Devils fans?
Include Caufield and we’ll include Boqvist and it’s a deal.

JTToilinginToronto

Isles Fan
Jan 18, 2019
Friedman says Hall very unlikely to be signed during season. Have teams learned from Tavares, Panarin etc yet? I don't think he wants to be in New Jersey.
I cannot imagine New Jersey will in anyway hang on to Hall past the dealine. Aside from him being injured for the season, that is.

And I say that as a fan of a division rival who would benefit from them losing Hall for nothing.

Devils Army

Rebuild Over.
Feb 3, 2014
New Jersey
Anyone calling Hall a cancer is an idiot. Guy has been a top 5 LW for almost his entire career and hasn't been given a situation to succeed once. He's called a "cancer" because he wants to f***ing win and doesn't like when teammates don't care as much as he does. If he goes to a winning team with a developed locker room he will be noted for his leadership. The only knock Taylor will ever have to me is his health, he is injury prone, but when he is locked in he's a Top 10 player in the league as seen by his MVP season.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
If what Friedman said is true and Hall doesn't want to commit to a new contract with a new team then look at what Karlsson got in a similar situation.

Reactions: Cousin Eddie

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
He deserves every bit of the 7/8 x 11 he's going to get

Well if that is the type of contract he is looking for, it kills basically each and every ounce of interest I would have in trading for him from an Avs POV. That contract would cripple us down the road and is not worth it.

If he is not willing to settle for 6 x sub-10M, the Avs and most teams that want to contend should probably pass on him...
Which makes this trade even more complicated.
If thats the deal he is looking for, he will probably go for a pure rental return at the deadline and go to a non-contender that has oodles of capspace on July 1st..
Not sure how that line up with him "wanting to win" though...

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
If what Friedman said is true and Hall doesn't want to commit to a new contract with a new team then look at what Karlsson got in a similar situation.

Hall makes half a million less than Karlsson and NJ owners will take a contract back to essentially increase the market to anyone. I think he can get a better deal than Karlsson got for Ottawa.

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Hall makes half a million less than Karlsson and NJ owners will take a contract back to essentially increase the market to anyone. I think he can get a better deal than Karlsson got for Ottawa.
You're forgetting that EK's value at the time of the trade was greater than Hall's now. Significantly.

Reactions: Mac Attack

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
Not by much, the 500 000 difference in salary a year later makes it around the same IMO.

Salary at the deadline is almost irrelevant for many teams. That 500k certainly is. A team would only have to have around 2M in space to start the season to absorb Hall without problems at the deadline.
EK also want before the start of the season which makes him more valuable..

Realistically Hall will and should fetch less than EK.
Karlsson was traded earlier, is arguably the better player at the time of the trade and plays a significantly more valuable position..

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
EK was "definitely" the better player at the time of the trade. He was a 2-time Norris winner and had a superb playoff run a couple of years earlier. One of the most dominant defenseman of the last decade, still in his prime. Hall is a tier below.

Drury_Sakic

Jul 25, 2003
www.avalanchedb.com
Jost, 1st, Kaut, and some spare change players/picks is probably where the Avs would have to start around the deadline if they are healthy and looking like contenders.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
Jost, 1st, Kaut, and some spare change players/picks is probably where the Avs would have to start around the deadline if they are healthy and looking like contenders.

Realistically only if they are allowed to talk extension as part of the deal and get positive signals.
Otherwise for a pure rental that is a bit excessive...
But I might be higher on Jost (after being lower on him as a prospect than most Avs fans ironically) than most so..

Sasquatchbreath

Oct 7, 2019
Anyone calling Hall a cancer is an idiot. Guy has been a top 5 LW for almost his entire career and hasn't been given a situation to succeed once. He's called a "cancer" because he wants to ****ing win and doesn't like when teammates don't care as much as he does. If he goes to a winning team with a developed locker room he will be noted for his leadership. The only knock Taylor will ever have to me is his health, he is injury prone, but when he is locked in he's a Top 10 player in the league as seen by his MVP season.

pretty much this entire post is false.

Andrew Ference goes nuclear, rips terrible practice habits, party atmosphere of 2013-15 Edmonton Oilers

he states how Taylor Halls talk is cheap. It doesn’t mean a goddamn thing. His actions show way different than his words. He is not a guy you spend huge money on.

Last edited:

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
It is roughly what Karlsson got. I think you will be surprised what he will fetch, it will be closer to Karlsson than Kovalchuk.

no, no it is not.

Suzuki and Poehling alone are worth more than what SJ got....not to mention a 1st and 2nd

There is no shot that Hall returns that much. NONE.

Reactions: Vachon23

Srsly

Feb 8, 2011
Upland
To those valuing him as less than EK, it should be noted that a players attitude can affect his value as well. It was a lot less likely that EK would resign given the friction between him and the room. EK was insulted by his offer and had public issues with other players and/or their spouses that soured him the city. Hall saying he’ll “listen” but hoping to win is a less pressing situation. I think he should at the very least get a comparable return.

As per the Boston whispers, I don’t think he fits the Boston mold. That doesn’t mean he’s not valuable, players like Kessel and Seguin certainly went on to flourish after leaving the Bruins despite not fitting that mold. He just doesn’t strike me as a target.

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
Here is an important difference that some are failing to grasp regarding a potential Hall trade at the deadline versus the recent Karlsson and Pacioretty trades. Karlsson and Pacioretty were traded in the summer prior to their the last season before UFA status. Vegas and San Jose were acquiring with the idea that they would receive a full season of their services along with a potential playoff run, which is significantly more player service that Hall will offer a team if traded at the deadline. It is a critical distinction. If Hall is traded in the next couple of months, maybe his value is above a true deadline acquisition, otherwise we are left with deadline transactions from the last several years as examples of trade return value.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad