Injury Report: Tanner Glass - (MUMPS!)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

PromNite

Know Your Enemy
Apr 30, 2007
Tampa, FL
I think, at this point, it's pretty clear that AV has a directive from upper management that Glass needs to be in.

I know that he said nice things about Glass when we signed him, but he has done nothing with his ice time that signifies he should be playing over Fast/Lindberg/Miller/basically anyone. Seems to me that Sather doesn't want to look like an idiot. He has swallowed his mistakes before, yes, and if Glass continues to suck, maybe he gets the Pyatt treatment. But for now, he's gonna be in the lineup. Not much we can do about it.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
I think, at this point, it's pretty clear that AV has a directive from upper management that Glass needs to be in.

I know that he said nice things about Glass when we signed him, but he has done nothing with his ice time that signifies he should be playing over Fast/Lindberg/Miller/basically anyone. Seems to me that Sather doesn't want to look like an idiot. He has swallowed his mistakes before, yes, and if Glass continues to suck, maybe he gets the Pyatt treatment. But for now, he's gonna be in the lineup. Not much we can do about it.

Took 22 games for Pyatt to get Pyatt'd, theres still hope

Raspewtin

Stay at home defenseman hater
May 30, 2013
Not if you're on HFNYR, where he' the most popular Ranger since Marek Malik.

I disliked Rupp, Asham, Brashear, and Boogard a lot more. But this team has actual cup aspirations, so I'm more bothered by Glass taking up space than the previously mentioned players.

BobMarleyNYR

Rangers future on D
May 2, 2004
Alphabet
Boogaard at least had some good bouts, and that goal... sad... I'd say Glass is about as ad as Rupp or Orr, not the other 2.

Rangerfan4life90

Oct 14, 2008
College Point, NY

Which is BS, if true.

If I'm the coach, I would tell upper management to either let me do my job and put the best lineup out there possible, or fire me (which would look bad on management's part considering AV took them to the cup finals in his 1st year, and is doing decently this season with some very key players on injury). I doubt they would fire AV over a talent-less hack like Tanner Glass.

PromNite

Know Your Enemy
Apr 30, 2007
Tampa, FL
Which is BS, if true.

If I'm the coach, I would tell upper management to either let me do my job and put the best lineup out there possible, or fire me (which would look bad on management's part considering AV took them to the cup finals in his 1st year, and is doing decently this season with some very key players on injury). I doubt they would fire AV over a talent-less hack like Tanner Glass.

Or you would do what your boss tells you to do and continue to make tons of money every week.

I agree that Glass should be shed. But We are stuck with him for now.

NewLife

Apr 29, 2011
Oslo
It really bugs me that AV has to have a useless pylon locked in to the line up, doubt someone will help us out like the Pens did last year with Pyatt when Sather wakes up and realizes how ****ing bad he is.

Rangerfan4life90

Oct 14, 2008
College Point, NY
Or you would do what your boss tells you to do and continue to make tons of money every week.

I agree that Glass should be shed. But We are stuck with him for now.

Actually, I wouldn't. And if they decide to fire me over it, I'd get paid anyway.

I doubt someone in AV's position would be told to have a useless pylon like Glass in the lineup anyway, which makes me wonder if it's AV's call. Glass and him do have a relationship from past years.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Pennsyltucky
Actually, I wouldn't. And if they decide to fire me over it, I'd get paid anyway.

I doubt someone in AV's position would be told to have a useless pylon like Glass in the lineup anyway, which makes me wonder if it's AV's call. Glass and him do have a relationship from past years.

The extent of that relationship beyond coach/player is anyone's guess. I would wager it doesn't go much further than that.

Khelvan

Apr 5, 2002
Oakland, CA
Wasn't there a thread recently about a news article regarding Glass? I can't seem to find it.

In any case, in that thread I posed a question; a poster here on HFBoards has made claims that Sather insisted on bringing in an enforcer, and AV worked out a compromise with him to bring in Glass instead. I'm wondering who that poster was and if this rumor is substantiated in any way?

Dorado*

Too bad we gave him an untraceable contract , if in fact Jordan Nolan is really available he would be a lot better in the Glass role than glass

Dec 9, 2009
New York City

I don't think so. Both likely wanted him. Sather has a history of signing these type of players and we all know AV loves him.

Neither probably wants to admit they made a boo boo.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
Get this guy off the team already.

It's not bad enough that our moron Sather hands this guy a ludicrous 3 year contract, but now him and AV are tied at the hip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad