GDT: TankTown Express End of the Year Partay

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
shongololo-express-train-southern-africa_2x3.jpg

Hello Ladies and gentlemen on the TankTown Express. Tonight we have a visit from the weirdos up north from Chicago. We've had some changes on the backend of the train as well. Hope everyone has a fun night. Just don't expect anything too grand.

Forwards

Buchnevich - O'Reilly - Schenn
Kyrou - Thomas - Tarasenko
Saad - Acciari - Barbashev
Toropchenko - Brown - Leivo

Defense

Mikkola - Parayko
Leddy - Faulk
Rosen - Bortuzzo

Goalie

Binnington

Reactions: mk80

PJJJP

Dec 2, 2021
On one hand I want us to continue to tank to get a better draft position, but on the other hand I don't want to lose to the blackhawks

Reactions: Bobby Orrtuzzo

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
Year setting up a bit like 06-07 when the Blues sold at the deadline, acquired two late first rounders and had their own 9th overall pick. Which they offered to Chicago for the #1 overall pick which Chicago declined and drafted Kane. Then the Blues moved out of the Couture spot (Jarmo was waiting to see if Voracek dropped) and took Eller, Cole and Perron who wound up with their names on the 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019 Cups. Fateful draft. Blues, Hawks and Sharks all were bad during the season and all profited from the draft. Not excited at the thought of either Hawks or Sharks ending up with a lottery pick though the Hawks are in dead last position now at .303. Anybody else who's currently down low I don't mind but not those two.

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
Year setting up a bit like 06-07 when the Blues sold at the deadline, acquired two late first rounders and had their own 9th overall pick. Which they offered to Chicago for the #1 overall pick which Chicago declined and drafted Kane. Then the Blues moved out of the Couture spot (Jarmo was waiting to see if Voracek dropped) and took Eller, Cole and Perron who wound up with their names on the 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019 Cups. Fateful draft. Blues, Hawks and Sharks all were bad during the season and all profited from the draft. Not excited at the thought of either Hawks or Sharks ending up with a lottery pick though the Hawks are in dead last position now at .303. Anybody else who's currently down low I don't mind but not those two.
If we can't get 1st Overall I hope it's the Ducks or Jackets.

Reactions: Blueston

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
Major tank battle this evening.
I have faith in the Blues ability to finish with a pick in the 8-10 range; but damn, Chicago has us badly outgunned. They've basically got the M1A2 Abrams of NHL tanks, while the Blues are humming around in an old Panzer. I'm expecting 2-points tonight, but it's probably going to be a struggle.

GoldenSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
After a missed appearance in Toronto due to a floundering, the mysterious Tuna Boat reappears. The dreaded Bluenote flag waves defiantly on its broomstick mast. The rower looks to you and whispers ‘Start Believing!’

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
No Tarasenko. Out sick

Wasn't he out sick once already this season as well?

He's still nauseous from that turnover the other night! Gonna be hard to tank tonight. If there's one thing the Blackhawks are better at than us, it's sucking.

I gotta say I really like these lines a lot more than anything we've tried this season. Buch and Schenn are ideal linemates for the captain and Acciari is more than capable of centering a solid third line. I hope we extend him after this season, he's been a bright spot.

Reactions: AjaxManifesto

LGB

Feb 4, 2019
Wouldn't mind beating the shit out of the Hawks tonight. Tank can resume later.

Reactions: Blueston

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
I cant believe the Hawks kept Toews and Kane all these rebuilding years. They should have been moved for a haul 5 years ago.

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
He’s sick from still being here. Get his ass out of here
He should be on the express train out of town.

Loved the guy when he was 100% Blue.

But these last few seasons you can tell he is just waiting to be delt. He is about 80% Blue in his head.

we look about as good as the Hawks
Those bastards will probably get the #1 pick

Reactions: Mike Liut

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad