Tanks in the Desert (With the #1 OA pick, the Coyotes Select...Connor Bedard!)

Hogan20

Leader of the JJ Moser Fan Club
May 1, 2016
Maine
Screen Shot 2023-05-08 at 15.33.50.png

Good news everybody, first try as well.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
The idea of Bedard is just too much for me to even think about, honestly. I haven’t really ever even allowed myself to consider this possibility. It’s too much.

But I do have my hopes up for Fantilli. Not gonna lie.

1. Chicago
2. Anaheim
3. CBJ

6. Arizona
12. Arizona (from Ottawa)
This would be an ok compromise. Nothing bad happens to us but the worst possible non-Coyotes option at #1 happens. So I can be simultaneously relieved that our situation didn’t get worse, and also absolutely disgusted by the result.

Reactions: AZviaNJ

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
Arizona > Columbus > San Jose > Nashville > Anaheim > St. Louis > Detroit > Philadelphia > Buffalo > Washington > Pitt > Calgary > Vancouver > Montreal > Chicago > Ottawa

Tom Polakis

Next expansion
Nov 24, 2008
Tempe, AZ
The idea of Bedard is just too much for me to even think about, honestly. I haven’t really ever even allowed myself to consider this possibility. It’s too much.

But I do have my hopes up for Fantilli. Not gonna lie.

This would be an ok compromise. Nothing bad happens to us but the worst possible non-Coyotes option at #1 happens. So I can be simultaneously relieved that our situation didn’t get worse, and also absolutely disgusted by the result.

Worst case (for me, anyway) is Coyotes get Bedard at #1, and announce relocation shortly thereafter, after which I lose any interest in following the team. Then they go on to win multiple Cups.

Reactions: rt

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
The most mostest Coyote moment would be to find out we’ve moved up….and seconds later find out the 0.2% chance of landing the 3OA comes true….

Snarky Coyote

Sponsor
May 3, 2009
Now with more snark
I fully expect the Coyotes to win, but immediately Ms. Lauren Kuby jumps up on the stage and refers the matter to voters in Quebec and Hamilton. The matter is sent to Hon. Redfield T Baum, who takes the matter under advisement and promises to rule on the matter in 2 weeks. The decision ultimately turns out to be the worst case for Connor Bedard and the Arizona Coyotes, and the ruling from the bench is his home game rights are awarded to Quebec, and his away game rights are awarded to Houston. Since neither city has an NHL team Connor Bedard takes up competitive whittling and although he becomes the greatest whittler of our days, no one cares, he retires in obscurity in 2032 after his career is cut short when he gets a nasty splinter.

Seems totally plausible to me.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
If Vancouver wins how long before Tocchet is replaced by a real head coach? The fabled 2 weeks ?

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
Is this site gonna crash tonight?
Our Discord server looks dead quiet so I guess not much concern.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad