Tank Thread and Tanking GDT XIX: Tankception (BUF @ CBJ)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
Advanced stats don't matter when there is two games left in the season. A few puck bounces and playing Nolan's defensive style with 6'7'' Lindback in net could cause us to slip to 29th. We are not giving 0% effort like the Leafs and Arizona do. We skate hard, battle hard, and shoot a lot of pucks on net. We score the 1st goal tomorrow night and I would wager we go into lockdown mode.
We gave 0% effort against the Islanders and against Carolina. We scored the 1st goal against CAROLINA and still got out shot by them like 52-25. Against CAROLINA.

There's nothing Murray or Nolan can do about lucky bounces. If they happen they happen.

lou955

Apr 5, 2015
Tomorrow is it, imo (lose, or end up 29th). I expect a very strong level of "compete" in Nolan's "us against the world" drive for 29th.
And if they do pull it out vs. Columbus, I cannot imagine what Saturday will be like.

EichHart

Jul 3, 2011
Hamburg, NY
I'm in the championship of my fantasy league this week and have a full roster on Saturday and 4 moves to make this week. I used all 4 to grab Jackets players since I already have a packed line-up on Saturday. All board the Jacket train fellas!

v0UrKpa.png

indigoo

Nov 26, 2011
Wait, why is this game causing mass hysteria again? Ever since AZ won against SJ, it's all been about the Sabres hitting those 2 magic points. If they win tomorrow, I'll be scared as heck. As for now, I'm just watching a bad desert team lose. If it's any indication, this is what it should look like tomorrow for Buffalo.

Because an AZ win would have done the same thing as one more loss by BUF. It gave us more chances to clinch 30th.

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
I'm going to visit my girlfriend this weekend. She lives a couple hours away so I only see her a couple times a month. She's a sabres fan, though not to the extent I am. She supports the tank because I do, though she won't be upset if we blow it. I've kept her up to date on the situation. Today I was explaining to her how I might not be very pleasant to be with if things go awry. She calmly told me: "It's okay, Nick, we'll just get you super drunk."

:laugh:

theformat04

Mar 26, 2015
Because an AZ win would have done the same thing as one more loss by BUF. It gave us more chances to clinch 30th.

I think his point was counting on the Yotes was pointless. Their last three were against playoff teams, two on the road. And that's what we saw tonight.

Meanwhile, Buffalo faces the hottest team not from Ottawa and Crosby. Their last three wins came against Carolina, Tronna, and Arizona. This ends tomorrow.

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
Why hasn't it been reported who we called up yet? They said it'd happen after the Rochester game. Well that game ended 2 hours ago, surely one of our fantastic beat reporters (paging Paul Hamilton) could figure this out for us by now? It's just as simple as, you know, checking to see who didn't get on the team bus after the game. Say it with me: J-G-L..J-G-L..J-G...

Who am I kidding, it's gonna be McCabe :cry:

sjci

Feb 13, 2007
Buffalo
How terrible could this be if we get a loser point. Gah, just freaking lose tomorrow, for the sake of all Buffalo. I'm optimistic, but I'm gonna be a nervous wreck and have multiple heart attacks during the game. C'mon Sabres, for once this millenium do something right!

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
How terrible could this be if we get a loser point. Gah, just freaking lose tomorrow, for the sake of all Buffalo. I'm optimistic, but I'm gonna be a nervous wreck and have multiple heart attacks during the game. C'mon Sabres, for once this millenium do something right!

I don't know what's worse:

Getting a loser point tomorrow, with the possibility of losing (by winning) in a *** shootout saturday.
Getting 2 points tomorrow, so we go into Saturday in a situation where OT and we fail, so every second that ticks off the clock is against us.

indigoo

Nov 26, 2011
I'll be honest I am not optimistic, as much as I want to be in denial about it and comfort myself.

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
Why hasn't it been reported who we called up yet? They said it'd happen after the Rochester game. Well that game ended 2 hours ago, surely one of our fantastic beat reporters (paging Paul Hamilton) could figure this out for us by now? It's just as simple as, you know, checking to see who didn't get on the team bus after the game. Say it with me: J-G-L..J-G-L..J-G...

Who am I kidding, it's gonna be McCabe :cry:
Does it matter? Nolan will play whoever it is for about 8 minutes.

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
Does it matter? Nolan will play whoever it is for about 8 minutes.

If it's Ruh or McCabe, nah not too much. If it's JGL I honestly think he could manage to go -4 in those 8 minutes :laugh:

(I'm incredibly bitter on him going busto because I was super high on him at first)

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
Sabers win 4-1 against Columbus and 2-1 against Pittsburgh.

Sabres finish 29th. Someone other then Arizona or Buffalo win lottery and we pick 3rd :clap:

Ooh ahh Sabres on the warpath ooh ahh Sabres on a warpath :lol:

This franchise is a ****ing joke. If we **** this up I will never cheer for this sad sack of **** team and will become a fan of whatever team the Sabres are facing each game.

Sansbacon

Sep 26, 2006
Westchester, NY
I'm in the championship of my fantasy league this week and have a full roster on Saturday and 4 moves to make this week. I used all 4 to grab Jackets players since I already have a packed line-up on Saturday. All board the Jacket train fellas!

v0UrKpa.png

Good luck, and thanks again for the invite :)

-(Sans The Bacon)

Myllz

RELEASE THE KRAKEN
Jan 16, 2006
Vegas
Sabres win 4-1 against Columbus and 2-1 against Pittsburgh.

Sabres finish 29th. Someone other then Arizona or Buffalo win lottery and we pick 3rd :clap:

This franchise is a ****ing joke. If we **** this up I will never cheer for this sad sack of **** team and will become a fan of whatever team the Sabres are facing each game.

Promise?

Tapu Coco

Jan 23, 2013
WNY
Sabres win 4-1 against Columbus and 2-1 against Pittsburgh.

oh-you-dog.jpg

Bps21*

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/10/sports/hockey/a-sabres-fans-lament-they-cant-lose-them-all.html?_r=0

"Sabres fans, myself included, took to Twitter to denounce the team for having the audacity to win this must-lose game. The team, according to The Buffalo News, “partied hard in their Gila River Arena dressing room, gleefully shouting, singing and dancing.”

Singing and dancing? This atrocious team, which has always found a way to lose — except now, when its fans really wanted it to — danced and sang, delirious after prevailing in a meaningless game that could cost the franchise the next Wayne Gretzky or Mario Lemieux?"

"Buffalo sports teams have a habit of abusing their fans — losing when it matters, but perhaps in this case winning when it doesn’t."

Kublakhan

Lets Go Buffalo !!!
Jan 24, 2013
North Tonawanda
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/10/sports/hockey/a-sabres-fans-lament-they-cant-lose-them-all.html?_r=0

"Sabres fans, myself included, took to Twitter to denounce the team for having the audacity to win this must-lose game. The team, according to The Buffalo News, “partied hard in their Gila River Arena dressing room, gleefully shouting, singing and dancing.â€

Singing and dancing? This atrocious team, which has always found a way to lose — except now, when its fans really wanted it to — danced and sang, delirious after prevailing in a meaningless game that could cost the franchise the next Wayne Gretzky or Mario Lemieux?"

"Buffalo sports teams have a habit of abusing their fans — losing when it matters, but perhaps in this case winning when it doesn’t."

Best article I've read on the Sabres in a long wile.. Most of the players could care less about us or the Sabres, now a days they are not here long enough to do so..It's all business to the players now, trying out for the next crappy team to take them..

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
Best article I've read on the Sabres in a long wile.. Most of the players could care less about us or the Sabres, now a days they are not here long enough to do so..It's all business to the players now, trying out for the next crappy team to take them..
Good for them. :)

krt88

Jun 19, 2002
Fayetteville, NC
cybionscape.com
OK Sabres, it is ever so simple, all you have to do is lose one more game. Just lose one more. Not difficult. You have played better as of late but two wins don't change anything for you. It isn't going to build momentum going into next year as you'll have 5/6 different guys on the roster. Your payt check will be the same regardless. One loss does more you the franchise than two wins.

This one time, can you please do something correct, as Arizona is not going to provide any more help!

Come on Columbus you have been red hot lately, don't cool off tonight!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad