Value of: Tanev and Lindholm to VAN

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
VAN decides to go all in, what would it take? Cap wise as well. Maybe need retention on both.
I don't see why the need Lindholm. Tanev makes sense. I'd take Brusterwics straight up... Or a pair of 2nds. You guys owe us for the light return on Zadorov.

• Haha
Reactions: PettersonHughes

Sakic

Extra B is for BYOBB
Jan 3, 2006
Calgary, Alberta
Not willing to pay what you guys would want. We also don't need any game breakers. Just some more depth would be fine.
I feel like anyone who remembers 2011 knows you need insane depth. Someone like Lindholm could fill in late in the playoffs for injury or win us a round alone maybe like Kesler. He’s cheap and we can afford him.

Tanev is also very good playoff depth.

I don't see why the need Lindholm. Tanev makes sense. I'd take Brusterwics straight up... Or a pair of 2nds. You guys owe us for the light return on Zadorov.
1st and a 2nd? Need a cap player then

LuLover96

Feb 28, 2017
I'm all for it. We finally have depth scoring and our top guys performing at the same time, lets go for it and really take advantage of the lack of super teams.

Lindholm @25%
Tanev @50%

$5.8875 Million out

For

Myers
2024 First
2025 Second
Brzustewicz

$6 Million out

Basically a first and Brzustewicz for Lindholm + retention, then Myers and a second for Tanev. Calgary can retain on the giraffe and get another 3rd for him. 1st, 2nd, 3rd and Brzustewicz for Lindholm, Tanev and money? Is that reasonable? I would also do the 1st, Lekkerimaki and Myers for the same package if Calgary retains 50% on both deals.

Petey - Miller - Boeser
Kuz - Lindholm - Mikheyev
Joshua - Blueger - Garland
Hoglander - Suter - Lafferty

Hughes - Tanev/Hronek
Soucy - Hronek/Tanev
Zadorov - Cole

Reactions: gianni

bringbacktheskate604

Jul 20, 2022
You can have Bru, a 1st a 2nd for Lindholm. Uniting the lotto line is likely to good to split up and not saying EP is a Diva but he looks so Good damn happy to be back with the two most effective mates he's had. That leaves us not desperate for a 2C but it would be huge for what is hopefully a long season.

He's also a calibre of player that you make room to re-sign if the fit is good.

As for Tanev, in the games I've seen he hasn't looked great and with cap restrictions a 2C would be my hope.

Ledge And Dairy

I'm all for it. We finally have depth scoring and our top guys performing at the same time, lets go for it and really take advantage of the lack of super teams.

Lindholm @25%
Tanev @50%

$5.8875 Million out

For

Myers
2024 First
2025 Second
Brzustewicz

$6 Million out

Basically a first and Brzustewicz for Lindholm + retention, then Myers and a second for Tanev. Calgary can retain on the giraffe and get another 3rd for him. 1st, 2nd, 3rd and Brzustewicz for Lindholm, Tanev and money? Is that reasonable? I would also do the 1st, Lekkerimaki and Myers for the same package if Calgary retains 50% on both deals.

Petey - Miller - Boeser

Hughes - Tanev/Hronek
Soucy - Hronek/Tanev
Zadorov - Cole
Take out Tanev and Flames may accept that.

Taking on Myers and retaining should cost at least a 2nd.

Sakic

Extra B is for BYOBB
Jan 3, 2006
Calgary, Alberta

Lindholm @25%
Tanev @50%

$5.8875 Million out

For

Myers
2024 First
2025 Second
Brzustewicz

$6 Million out

Petey - Miller - Boeser

Hughes - Tanev/Hronek
Soucy - Hronek/Tanev
Zadorov - Cole
That lineup looks good. Depth ready to step up too

Ledge And Dairy

No dog in the fight, but Myers is owed next to nothing in salary and wouldn't cost anywhere near a 2nd to dump
Teams can't just simply take on a 6M depth player, half the league is using LTIR and can't accrue cap space this year, the other half aren't buyers. Even if Calgary were to try and flip him with retention (despite using 2/3 retention slots in the above deal and still likely wanting to move Hanifin too) not a lot of teams will want him at 3M either. So yes while he is owed very little in actual money he is still a very negative value trade asset

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
Canucks giving up Bruster who has 60 points in 39 games as a dman for old man UFA in Tanev. Thats a good joke lol
Lekker, Bruster, Willander are the untoucheable prospects, Podkolzin Would also be close to untoucheable due to the fact he is NHL ready.

Tanev is worth a 2nd and maybe another pick or mid prospect like maybe Brisbois

Wisp

Nov 14, 2010
Taking on Myers and retaining should cost at least a 2nd.
i what world is a 35 point pace defensemen a negative asset.

The Canucks should have no problem moving him if they were so inclined. If the Flames did this trade before the trade deadline, the Flames could get even more by retaining and trading him to a contender.

He's a UFA and would be owed something like $150,000 by the trade deadline. the bulk of his salary was paid in a signing bonuses this season. Not like the Flames need that cap space for anything.

Last edited:

RasmusAndersson

Oct 19, 2013

The Canucks should have no problem moving him if they were so inclined. If the Flames did this trade before the trade deadline, the Flames could get even more by retaining and trading him to a contender.

He's a UFA and would be owed something like $150,000 by the trade deadline. the bulk of his salary was paid in a signing bonuses this season. Not like the Flames need that cap space for anything.
The one where he’s consistently proven to be a 15-25 point dman making with a 6 mil cap hit having an outlier half season with tons of second assists. Lol

He’s definitely negative value. Contender/buyer would never waste cap on that, seller would not give up anything for him. If he was moved it would be as a negative value cap dump to a open cap space in a trade, even if he’s still an ok player l

Wisp

Nov 14, 2010
pretend its beneath you all you like. he's having a good season, he's a UFA, he's cash cheap. if the canucks were so inclined, he's movable. if the you don't think the flames can flip that, while, you deserve that management group.

Reactions: bh53 and gianni

Ledge And Dairy

Lol he's been awful for years and is still bad. Good on him for catching a few stray points on the highest scoring team in the league but he's still a liability out there.
1000003335.png

Also a team can only retain on 3 contracts at any given time. That proposal has Calgary using 2 of their retention slots + taking on his full cap hit. Hanifin is obviously more valuable than him so they would use that last retention slot on Noah first without hesitation.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
You can have Bru, a 1st a 2nd for Lindholm. Uniting the lotto line is likely to good to split up and not saying EP is a Diva but he looks so Good damn happy to be back with the two most effective mates he's had. That leaves us not desperate for a 2C but it would be huge for what is hopefully a long season.

He's also a calibre of player that you make room to re-sign if the fit is good.

As for Tanev, in the games I've seen he hasn't looked great and with cap restrictions a 2C would be my hope.
I'd consider that. I think it's a solid offer for Lindholm. Just still genuinely confused as to why Vancouver is interested in Lindholm and not one of Hanifin or Tanev considering their roster. I know EP has been playing wing lately, but isn't he usually a C?

Canucks giving up Bruster who has 60 points in 39 games as a dman for old man UFA in Tanev. Thats a good joke lol
Lekker, Bruster, Willander are the untoucheable prospects, Podkolzin Would also be close to untoucheable due to the fact he is NHL ready.

Tanev is worth a 2nd and maybe another pick or mid prospect like maybe Brisbois
Sure, he's worth IMO a 2nd and 3rd. I'd rather send him not to Vancouver. Just because their fans are extra insufferable when they are good. They'll be half a dozen teams willing to give a 2nd and 3rd. I want some incentive to send him there,

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad