Proposal: Tampa - Montreal

Kraken Jokes

May 28, 2010
:habs

Brian Flynn (.950M, 1 year)
2017 3rd round pick

:bolts

Brian Boyle (2M, 1 year)

Tampa has quite a few RFAs to sign and a slim budget to do so, Montreal needs some size up front. Montreal cannot afford to take on the 2M outright or add Boyle without having to waive someone else, hence Flynn.

tjs*

Mar 18, 2016

2017 3rd round pick

Brian Boyle (2M, 1 year)

Tampa has quite a few RFAs to sign and a slim budget to do so, Montreal needs some size up front. Montreal cannot afford to take on the 2M outright or add Boyle without having to waive someone else, hence Flynn.

No thank you. Things are going to be tight this year but we will probably still be able to fit everybody under the cap and if it turns out we can't there are higher priorities to move for space than Boyle. We're in desperate need of size as well and Boyle is one of our better secondary scorers, one of our only truly physical players, and is even an emergency defenseman on occasion. I don't know if we'll resign him next summer but for now I think he stays unless things really get crazy with Lucherov's contract demands and Killorn's and Namestnikov's arbitration.

tjs*

Mar 18, 2016
Lucherov is obviously the Mexican wrestling alter ego of Kucherov.:D

tjs*

Mar 18, 2016
Want to keep Boyle. Possibly even next season when he's a UFA. Love his game.

I'd like to as well; I'm just not sure we'll be able to capwise and while it's against Cooper's ethos I could see us potentially going to more of an offensive fourth line with Point at center, both for the cap savings and to give guys like Point and Erne a spot in the lineup.

Everblades13

May 24, 2016
I'd like to as well; I'm just not sure we'll be able to capwise and while it's against Cooper's ethos I could see us potentially going to more of an offensive fourth line with Point at center, both for the cap savings and to give guys like Point and Erne a spot in the lineup.

I wouldn't mind seeing Point in the lineup, but I think they would probably like to give him a year in Syracuse first.

tjs*

Mar 18, 2016
I wouldn't mind seeing Point in the lineup, but I think they would probably like to give him a year in Syracuse first.

I'm sorry, I should have been more clear: I was talking about 2017 being when we might see Point and Erne on the fourth line.

RatedR

Feb 26, 2016
Boyle's on a very good contract for what he brings to the team. It would take a lot to trade him for the flexibility and grit he brings especially to a team in our conference and have been rivals with for the past few seasons

crazyd

Canada is hockey
Jul 2, 2006
Nathan Beaulieu for Boyle? or Mitchell + DeLaRose?

Beaulieu has more value than Boyle.

In a trade there is two parameters: Value & Need

Both parameters are not necessarily equal and do not equate the same from the point of view of each trade partner.

So sometimes even if the value seems disproportionate, the need - hopefully - will balance things out.

Needs can outweigh Value, and vice-versa.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal

Both parameters are not necessarily equal and do not equate the same from the point of view of each trade partner.

So sometimes even if the value seems disproportionate, the need - hopefully - will balance things out.

Except we don't need Boyle as we already have a billion bottom 6 player. I'd love to replace DD with him on our 3rd line though.

Trading Beaulieu leaves our LD depth as:

Markov
Emelin
Barberio
Samuelsson
Hanley
Parisi

:damnpc:

Not a move we should do. Mitchell+DLR would be expensive but may be worth it.

Kraken Jokes

May 28, 2010
I wouldn't trade Beaulieu for Boyle. Mitchell for Boyle doesn't do much for their cap situation, and we couldn't afford to retain. The only thing that would work is something around Flynn for Boyle. But it only works if they really need the cap space. I'd be willing to upgrade the 3rd to a 2nd and add a conditional pick if we resign him since Boyle is the better player.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016

I beg this post gets its own thread and that thread gets stickied. Literally.

Westcoasthabsfan

Aug 22, 2004
In Pandoras Box

2017 3rd round pick

Brian Boyle (2M, 1 year)

Really you think Boyle is worth a roster player plus a draft pick.....LOL

PaulGG

May 15, 2011
Easy no from Tampa. We are all in for another run and trading starters for prospects/picks doesn't help us.

Kraken Jokes

May 28, 2010
Easy no from Tampa. We are all in for another run and trading starters for prospects/picks doesn't help us.

Flynn is a solid player, he'd contribute to your roster for sure but he's not Boyle, I agree. I understand that Tampa is all in this year but with a limited budget, you may have to make some tough decisions.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad