GDT: Tampa @ Leafs 7:30pm Oct 21st 2024

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
For all of the Vasi talk, he is again off to a poor start this season. Barely above .900.
It's too early in the season to declare he has been poor or amazing. One bad game can throw off an entire stat line, and in his case he had a poor showing against Ottawa which cratered his numbers, but he has 3 wins and played well in each of those wins.

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
That Bolts team looks almost nothing like the squad that won 2 cups.
They still have that very strong core though so I expect they rightly still see themselves as contenders.
Still loving that Jeannot trade for Tampa.

What an absolute disaster of a trade for them, and so happy they did it.

I hope it spends many more years to come biting them in the ass.

:)

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
I like tampas defence much more than last years

McDonough-Cernak look to be their shutdown pairing, Hedman-Moser also seem like a good fit. A guy like perbix who was a #4-5 last year is sitting.

Forward wise they are just as shallow however, it’s the first line + Hagel.

If we can contain kucherov to under 3 points I’ll be happy, Dude goes off against us all the time

Happy to see more of stolarz, he continues to impress

hopefully we score more than 1 goal
better chance tonight than they had Saturday imo..........

Jimmy Firecracker

They Fired Sheldon!
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
This is an important early season game in terms of future seeding implications. Handing Tampa a clean 2 points here could prove to be real annoying 5 months from now. Hopefully the Leafs come out flying and take the Lightning to task tonight.

OddyOh

Really, Healy?
Aug 18, 2010
Regina, SK
Does anyone here know if you’re able to rewatch the game on prime after it’s finished? Work later and usually PVR all the games.
Yes, in the Prime Video app, choose “Sports” then “NHL” then scroll all the way to the bottom, I can still playback last week’s Pit-Mtl game.

Much better than seeing the score before finding the replay like Rogers’ shitty apps.

Reactions: Enniskillen

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
Does anyone here know if you’re able to rewatch the game on prime after it’s finished? Work later and usually PVR all the games.
I was told yes. The game from last week is still there if you want to stream it, and when you launch the game it will ask if you want to start from the beginning or join live. Does it actually work? Guess we'll find out tonight.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007

But the third unit of John Tavares centering Nick Robertson and Pontus Holmberg has been decidedly underwhelming — getting outshot 7-3, outscored 1-0, and generating just 22.6 per cent of expected goals when on the ice together.

That group was also the target of Berube's strongly worded wakeup-call timeout during Wednesday's win over the Kings.

So, it makes sense that the coach is making an adjustment for Monday's divisional tilt against the Tampa Bay Lightning.

Pacioretty re-enters the middle six and the second power-play unit, after sitting eight days as a healthy scratch.

Berube chalks up the decision as wanting fresh legs, but he needs more from the Tavares line.

"I think that we haven't gotten a real makeup yet with Johnny being sick," Berube said.

Holmberg had an impressive camp but has looked a step behind since. And Robertson, who was arguably the Leafs' pre-season MVP, is still hunting his first point of the real season.

The fulcrum of that unit, though, is the 34-year-old Tavares, whose battle through last week's bout of bad health may have been understated.

The centreman lost eight pounds and some jump.

He admitted Monday that he's just now getting back into the swing of things.

"It was a real difficult illness I had there for a few days. So, take some time to kind of rev things back up this week," said Tavares, who believes a couple of days off at home will be of benefit. "I need to get back into the rhythm."

The success of his line depends on it.

HamiltonNHL

Resigning Marner == Running it back
Jan 4, 2012
I think it is now?!?!

yep.

1729536580815.png

Reactions: Burnie97

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
I like Holmberg but he's had a rough last couple games himself. Penalties and really bad turnovers. He's still alright on the PK and stuff but he might be on a short leash if he can't break out of his funk.
Tre will have zero loyalty to another GM's picks. Especially since he signed a 4th line C to $2.4 M

But the third unit of John Tavares centering Nick Robertson and Pontus Holmberg has been decidedly underwhelming — getting outshot 7-3, outscored 1-0, and generating just 22.6 per cent of expected goals when on the ice together.

That group was also the target of Berube's strongly worded wakeup-call timeout during Wednesday's win over the Kings.

So, it makes sense that the coach is making an adjustment for Monday's divisional tilt against the Tampa Bay Lightning.

Pacioretty re-enters the middle six and the second power-play unit, after sitting eight days as a healthy scratch.

Berube chalks up the decision as wanting fresh legs, but he needs more from the Tavares line.

"I think that we haven't gotten a real makeup yet with Johnny being sick," Berube said.

Holmberg had an impressive camp but has looked a step behind since. And Robertson, who was arguably the Leafs' pre-season MVP, is still hunting his first point of the real season.

The fulcrum of that unit, though, is the 34-year-old Tavares, whose battle through last week's bout of bad health may have been understated.

"It was a real difficult illness I had there for a few days. So, take some time to kind of rev things back up this week," said Tavares, who believes a couple of days off at home will be of benefit. "I need to get back into the rhythm."

Ah, pretending that 3rd line can score 60 goals for untold millions. They just aren't good enough.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016

I've been saying for the past week that JT is ill but people's heads are exploding that he's completely cooked lol. He literally said before the Kings game that he dropped 8 lbs, and Nylander even confirmed that JT was really going through it. Even in the media availability today, his face was looking kinda sunken in and he still looked a little gaunt overall, he's clearly not 100%.

If he's still looking bad come mid-November, then I will be more concerned. Having Pacioretty with him should help with some of the board and grunt work at least.

HamiltonNHL

Resigning Marner == Running it back
Jan 4, 2012
I've been saying for the past week that JT is ill

He literally said before the Kings game that he dropped 8 lbs

THEN ..... He should be resting.

The Leaf's training staff should know better. His performance is bad and playing while not feeling well is an injury risk.

Why is he playing ?

because he said he's fine to the training staff.

so, NO ILLNESS EXCUSES for JT.

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
Ah great this is the only game on tonight. Can't wait to see the game thread on the main board analyze every single leaf play like its life or death.

*Mathews mishandles the puck in the blue line in the 1st period*

"HAHAHAHHA Fradthews, this is why the leafs cant get past the 1st rd :laugh:"

So annoying. If they win or make a nice play opposite happens

"Laffs celebrating like they won the cup"
"Can't wait to watch them lose in round 1 again"

Leviathan899

Nov 17, 2014
Toronto, ON.
Yes, in the Prime Video app, choose “Sports” then “NHL” then scroll all the way to the bottom, I can still playback last week’s Pit-Mtl game.

Much better than seeing the score before finding the replay like Rogers’ shitty apps.
Thank you! But yeah totally agree. I move heaven and earth to try and avoid the score while at work. 0 social media and my coworkers no the rules lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad