GDT: Tampa @ Leafs 7:30pm Oct 21st 2024

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
I think the JT line was more effective with Pacioretty than Holmberg so I'm not surprised they are making a change. I'd like to see Reaves swapped out for Holmberg, but the 4th line has been decent so it's whatever.

4th line has fallen off after the first 2 games.

Holmberg should be demoted to 4th line, not benched in favor of Reaves, I agree.

Amazing, good.

Doesn't hit and doesn't fight, may as well have the better hockey player in.

Reactions: bax

Rude Dog

Dec 22, 2008
Luckily I won't be attendance tonight. Drove to Montreal to watch their first shut out in over 3 years. Was there Saturday night. I was in the stairwell when 34 scored. Lots of $ for no goals.

Leafs could easily be 5-0. Loss tonight would bring them to 500. Hate losing to TB. GLG

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
Myers isn't getting called up, there isn't the cap room, without further injuries, and they aren't putting Timmins or Lilly on waivers. That's just reality.

Agree that Patches needs to get a game over Holmberg.

Let's not make yet another goalie look like a Vezina candidate, and boost their saves above expected.

Need some depth scoring, and to see something out of Tavares/Robertson. Just being preseason MVP isn't enough.

""

""

Myers is on the Leafs roster still is he not? I don't believe he was ever sent down (and he would've needed waivers if he was). It is a bit strange that he had a decent camp and he's just watching from the sidelines while neither Timmins or Liljegren have cemented their spot (though Timmins played well against NYR).

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
4th line has fallen off after the first 2 games.

Holmberg should be demoted to 4th line, not benched in favor of Reaves, I agree.

I like Holmberg but he's had a rough last couple games himself. Penalties and really bad turnovers. He's still alright on the PK and stuff but he might be on a short leash if he can't break out of his funk.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Myers is on the Leafs roster still is he not? I don't believe he was ever sent down (and he would've needed waivers if he was). It is a bit strange that he had a decent camp and he's just watching from the sidelines while neither Timmins or Liljegren have cemented their spot (though Timmins played well against NYR).

He is. Myers is a depth defenseman and the Leafs have been healthy, so he's biting his time. Timmins has been alright and Liljegren hasn't been awful, just average. He'll get in eventually... probably.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
I like Holmberg but he's had a rough last couple games himself. Penalties and really bad turnovers. He's still alright on the PK and stuff but he might be on a short leash if he can't break out of his funk.

I don't think he's been great, but at least there is an upside.

So far Reaves has been equally useless in the last few games and there is no upside.

Reactions: Da Mash and SprDaVE

HamiltonNHL

Resigning Marner == Running it back
Jan 4, 2012
Loss tonight would bring them to 500.
We need to learn how to win against playoff teams while playing defensively responsible.
No need to change the plan until we are in jeopardy of not making the playoffs ... wait til mid January.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Ahh true enough, forgot about that. Myers is a lefty though... I think he'll get his chance.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
Yeah, he has seemed overwhelmed. I wonder if the pressure of added responsibility is getting to him, especially since he needs to produce some offense as well and he hasn't been able to do so.

Reactions: SprDaVE

horner

May 22, 2007
I too am eagerly awaiting Myers’ debut…….

Ask and yee shall receive…….
I too am eagerly awaiting Myers’ debut…….

Ask and yee shall receive…….
Glad holmberg is out

He better start to show something anything

kevsh

Nov 28, 2018
That Bolts team looks almost nothing like the squad that won 2 cups.
They still have that very strong core though so I expect they rightly still see themselves as contenders.

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019
I like tampas defence much more than last years

McDonough-Cernak look to be their shutdown pairing, Hedman-Moser also seem like a good fit. A guy like perbix who was a #4-5 last year is sitting.

Forward wise they are just as shallow however, it’s the first line + Hagel.

If we can contain kucherov to under 3 points I’ll be happy, Dude goes off against us all the time

Happy to see more of stolarz, he continues to impress

hopefully we score more than 1 goal

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad